TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TO BE A SHELBY OR NOT TO BE A SHELBY

SHELBYCS6

I agree, all the cars are part of Carroll, no matter where they where made or what number they have on them .. This is one reason why Carroll wanted this club to welcome all the cars that he touched into one place.

We buy the cars because of what draws us to them, whether it is color or Horse power or design, one car caught our attention more than another and I say make the most out of the car that you love. If that means just taking it out for a Family outing or taking it on the track Road or Drag or entering it into a car show. There is something out there for all types of car owners to enjoy.

Me I want the Terlingua Car because my first time out on track was addicting and I have to have more.

This car may not appeal to everyone but it did to me people can tell me it is not " real" or it is the Little brother or what ever they want to say but for me the price is right and I can take it on the track and not worry about dings and scratches. It is what I want regardless of what others think or say.

And once it gets built, if at SAI or a Modshop does not matter to me I want to enjoy it and get everything out of it that I can.

Just my 2 cents.

Sharon

Guys, I never said this is not a Shelby. This package is designed by us and it it sold by us, it is not....installed by us. It is a Shelby Package. We finally made badges so you have something other then the receipts. We showed this car at the SEMA Show in 2005, it is the first mustang kit from SAI, ever

For reference, the Gt500 is a Shelby and it is made by ford, it doesnt have a CSM number either, but it is a Shelby.

Only cars built by us or one of the new Mod Centers that is trained by us and then has a Vegas employee check every car, gets a CSM.

I am not sure why you say we don't recognize them, we do, we have done alot of marketing on these cars, we have them in the showroom. So again. Try and stick with the facts. You guys should love it for what it is, not hate it for what you think it should be or isn't. Most of the mangement team here has one, I use Joe's all the time, it's a great car.

Amy

I agree, all the cars are part of Carroll, no matter where they where made or what number they have on them .. This is one reason why Carroll wanted this club to welcome all the cars that he touched into one place.

We buy the cars because of what draws us to them, whether it is color or Horse power or design, one car caught our attention more than another and I say make the most out of the car that you love. If that means just taking it out for a Family outing or taking it on the track Road or Drag or entering it into a car show. There is something out there for all types of car owners to enjoy.

Me I want the Terlingua Car because my first time out on track was addicting and I have to have more.

This car may not appeal to everyone but it did to me people can tell me it is not " real" or it is the Little brother or what ever they want to say but for me the price is right and I can take it on the track and not worry about dings and scratches. It is what I want regardless of what others think or say.

And once it gets built, if at SAI or a Modshop does not matter to me I want to enjoy it and get everything out of it that I can.

Just my 2 cents.

Sharon

That was sort of my point Sharon,

However, I had to provide a little CS6 history or lack there of first...

The Terlingua however is a certified and registered Shelby vehicle and the GT-500 is also a Shelby Vehicle......one modified and up-fitted at SAI the other has never been touched by and one other than Ford.

What makes them both a Shelby vehicle has nothing to do with anything except the fact Carroll said they both are a Shelby vehicle.

Apparently a CSM or not, an up-fit or not is a moot point if the man at the top decides they are what they are.

But the bottom line is without that sanctioned voice, you can love them, hate them and everything in between but they are not truly a Shelby until he confirms they are a Shelby.

The CS6 / CS8 vehicles just don't have that voice of confirmation yet..

we never said the CS6/8 is not a Shelby, where does that come from??? Carroll drives one, when did he say it wasn't a SHelby.

Its never enough, you wanted dask plaques, we made them, CSM numbers go only to cars "built " by us, and again the gt500 does not have a dash plaque either you want something that is not possible. What we gave you was the ability to build a car part by part and call it a Shelby. That is a good thing

Guys, I never said this is not a Shelby. This package is designed by us and it it sold by us, it is not....installed by us. It is a Shelby Package. We finally made badges so you have something other then the receipts. We showed this car at the SEMA Show in 2005, it is the first mustang kit from SAI, ever

For reference, the Gt500 is a Shelby and it is made by ford, it doesnt have a CSM number either, but it is a Shelby.

Only cars built by us or one of the new Mod Centers that is trained by us and then has a Vegas employee check every car, gets a CSM.

I am not sure why you say we don't recognize them, we do, we have done alot of marketing on these cars, we have them in the showroom. So again. Try and stick with the facts. You guys should love it for what it is, not hate it for what you think it should be or isn't. Most of the mangement team here has one, I use Joe's all the time, it's a great car.

Amy

I think I made it clear you do recognize them as designing, engineering them and selling them but it is also quite clear they are not recognized on the same level as any other Shelby vehicle such the GT-H, Shelby-GT, Terlingua, GT-C or GT-500 / KR/ SS/ 40th.

Your right, the CS6 is not the same as the Gt-H, SGT, Terlingua, KR, SS. 40th, as it was not built here. The KR is also not the same as The GT-H, these cars are all different and have their own uniqueness. That is what's great about The CS6. It was also a kit that allowed it to be built by the customer in pieces if so chosen. I don't know who builds them, or how, or what other parts are on this car. That is a beauty of this car.

The GT500 is a Ford Built product, it doesnt get a CSM either. If we gave every car a CSM that would take away from all the people who bring there car to us.

The CS6 is a kit designed by us for the guys who want to build the kits by pieces or full kits. The plaques were a bonus because the people who bought the parts or kits thought they would make them more special . we complyed. They don't say las Vegas, because the cars arent built in LAs Vgeas, just like the cars built at Tasca say...Tasca.

This is a great package, it should be taken for what it is, the abiltiy to have a SHelby built in pieces or whole, without coming to LAs Vegas. This was a good thing, it should be taken as such.

We never said this package wasn't special, it very much is, it is our first package for Mustang.

Amy

I was just about to say, if Shelby didn't recognize them, they wouldn't have them in the showroom. One of the visits I made to the musuem there was actually two of them. This is actually one of the first cars I notce as being in the museum everytime I go. Even if it wasn't recognized, it's still my favorite of all the new Mustangs.

I was just about to say, if Shelby didn't recognize them, they wouldn't have them in the showroom. One of the visits I made to the musuem there was actually two of them. This is actually one of the first cars I notce as being in the museum everytime I go. Even if it wasn't recognized, it's still my favorite of all the new Mustangs.

Not only in the museum but last I looked it was proudly displayed up towards the front. Great Shelby and one of the few Shelby's that the owner can build his own way at an affordable price.

Steve

Your right, the CS6 is not the same as the Gt-H, SGT, Terlingua, KR, SS. 40th, as it was not built here. The KR is also not the same as The GT-H, these cars are all different and have their own uniqueness. That is what's great about The CS6. It was also a kit that allowed it to be built by the customer in pieces if so chosen. I don't know who builds them, or how, or what other parts are on this car. That is a beauty of this car.

The GT500 is a Ford Built product, it doesnt get a CSM either. If we gave every car a CSM that would take away from all the people who bring there car to us.

The CS6 is a kit designed by us for the guys who want to build the kits by pieces or full kits. The plaques were a bonus because the people who bought the parts or kits thought they would make them more special . we complyed. They don't say las Vegas, because the cars arent built in LAs Vgeas, just like the cars built at Tasca say...Tasca.

This is a great package, it should be taken for what it is, the abiltiy to have a SHelby built in pieces or whole, without coming to LAs Vegas. This was a good thing, it should be taken as such.

We never said this package wasn't special, it very much is, it is our first package for Mustang.

I asked a similiar question almost a couple of years ago and this is the answer I got which is very consistent with what Amy says above:

Me:

"So, - The Question -I am at a car show and along come John Q. Public and he sees my CS6 (which has Shelby litterally on all 4 sides) points at it and asks: "Is that a real Shelby?" Keeping in mind that he wants a simple Yes or No answer and not a 15 minute confusing discourse on registries and dash plates and licensing agreements. How do I answer?"

Amy:

"You say, yes, it is a shelby, I bought all the parts from shelby and its authorized thru shelby. as far as we are concerned, its a shelby, you just did it yourself, that is why no badge. only the cars in vegas, built by us are badged. not even the ford cars have bagdes, they are shelby's too...

Hope that helps

Amy"

Not only in the museum but last I looked it was proudly displayed up towards the front. Great Shelby and one of the few Shelby's that the owner can build his own way at an affordable price.

Steve

It's actually the first car I notice walking in because of where it's placed. Also, I have an older Fast Fords Magazines with this car on the cover and as the feature article

I agree, all the cars are part of Carroll, no matter where they where made or what number they have on them .. This is one reason why Carroll wanted this club to welcome all the cars that he touched into one place. ...

thank you, Sharon - that's what make this such a great place!

I asked a similiar question almost a couple of years ago and this is the answer I got which is very consistent with what Amy says above:

Me:

"So, - The Question -I am at a car show and along come John Q. Public and he sees my CS6 (which has Shelby litterally on all 4 sides) points at it and asks: "Is that a real Shelby?" Keeping in mind that he wants a simple Yes or No answer and not a 15 minute confusing discourse on registries and dash plates and licensing agreements. How do I answer?"

Amy:

"You say, yes, it is a shelby, I bought all the parts from shelby and its authorized thru shelby. as far as we are concerned, its a shelby, you just did it yourself, that is why no badge. only the cars in vegas, built by us are badged. not even the ford cars have bagdes, they are shelby's too...

Hope that helps

Amy"

Thank you! That is the way I felt then, it is the way I feel now, and since then we have done badges as well

Amy

Me:

Amy:

Hope that helps

I am still in the process of making a cs6 turn 1 car to start it is a shelby mustang with all shelby parts on the you just did not purches the car through the ford dealer with out all the mark up on the car you have a dash plaque on the car and just call it a day I am not try ing to sound mean it is just a parts car that was mr shelbys pans for the car ford did not want it to compete with the gt probubly of markiting resons.

Amy"

First off I would like to thank Amy and Shelby for making these kits available to the public.

I too have been asked @ serveral shows if my car is a Shelby and I respond yes and that it is a Shelby desiged kit sold by Shelby.I made a book with all my pic's of the stages of the build and receipts from Shelby as well as the CS6 pamplet from the SEMA show with Mr Shelby standing by the prototype.

I show my car as a modified CS6 because I went with a diffrent S/C,but that's the beauty of it being a kit, you can modify it to your own taste.I still plan on finishing the turn 1 down the road,but my CS6 even now turns heads and does well at shows. This was a show last week.

So thanks again to Shelby for producing these one of a kind CS6 kits.

post-18963-1216261367.jpg

post-18963-1216261377.jpg

post-18963-1216261367.jpg

post-18963-1216261377.jpg

Archived