TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Lookie what I got

Guest evilchris

Guest evilchris

That is the one I got last week. It is great. It has ALL the TSB's on it too.

Sweet. I *REALLY* needed wiring for my 07 last weekend, and got an 06 manual since it should be the same. Haha, so I wasted 50 bucks on that since now I have the 07 coming.

ahhahahaahh

Hey Kaylan....

I'll give Chris 30 bucks for a working copy. Then, he's flush. What'll you give him for one?

Chris??????????????????????????

bj

Read the fine print. The DVD will only work within a two month period of the data of the DVD. If you want to use it after that, you have to change the date on your computer. Do you still want it? I want one without a time limit...and without the hassle of mucking with my machine. Bad things can happen if you forget to set it back...

Guest evilchris

Read the fine print. The DVD will only work within a two month period of the data of the DVD. If you want to use it after that, you have to change the date on your computer. Do you still want it? I want one without a time limit...and without the hassle of mucking with my machine. Bad things can happen if you forget to set it back...

You won't find one without it. I can whip something up that will automate the changeback though. Nothing bad will happen either. The worst thing is SSL certs will be invalid, which will remind you to change the month back.

Guest evilchris

What the heck is this I never heard of such a thing? :headscratch:

Can one of these disk be copied or not?

Yes they can. Ford probably doesn't want to let dealers user non current service information, so the disc executable just checks the date on launch.

Guest evilchris

Just advocating a little honesty.

I didn't buy a burned copy. =)

Do you really think an end user should pay $150 every 2 months to keep their disc current?

If you don't want to get a pirated copy, or cheat the dvd by resetting your computer you can always order legitimate service info the same place dealers get it. www.helminc.com

Yes, I think I'd prefer the book. Hard to take a pc (even a laptop) with you out in the garage. Yes, you can print off the CD/DVD, but that's inconvenient too. We'll see what happens to Helm pricing. Besides, I have a friend who writes repair procedures for our company and then sends them to Helm for manuals, so I may be able to get a discount...not sure.

Dave

If you buy one from Helm you do not need to re-set any dates. It works all the time. So you do not need to pay every couple of months.

I did not think you bought a burned copy, just like the one on e-bay is a real disc, it is not a burned copy. But I wonder if the person selling the disc is the rightful owner of the disc. Or is it an employee that took an out of date copy from the dealership to sell. The disc may not be sold by the person who paid for it, if that is the case buying the disc is just like buying a stolen car stereo in my opinion. A good deal, Sure, but also just encouraging theft. I may be wrong about this but I think the likely scenario is that the disc you bought was not legitimately sold by the proper owner.

Guest evilchris

If you buy one from Helm you do not need to re-set any dates. It works all the time. So you do not need to pay every couple of months.

I did not think you bought a burned copy, just like the one on e-bay is a real disc, it is not a burned copy. But I wonder if the person selling the disc is the rightful owner of the disc. Or is it an employee that took an out of date copy from the dealership to sell. The disc may not be sold by the person who paid for it, if that is the case buying the disc is just like buying a stolen car stereo in my opinion. A good deal, Sure, but also just encouraging theft. I may be wrong about this but I think the likely scenario is that the disc you bought was not legitimately sold by the proper owner.

I'm sure it's a Ford service guy selling them as they expire. He has a crapload for sale. I'm sure the only place they go other than to end users is the trash. It's not stolen.

I'm sure it's a Ford service guy selling them as they expire. He has a crapload for sale. I'm sure the only place they go other than to end users is the trash. It's not stolen.

Is this not something you could print out have bound and then you have a permanent copy..what AM I missing here...changing the date back on your PC...sounds like a major pain in the A%%.

Cheers,

Requis

If its been garbaged (Public Domain) and he has it selling on ebay more power to him.

Guest evilchris

Is this not something you could print out have bound and then you have a permanent copy..what AM I missing here...changing the date back on your PC...sounds like a major pain in the A%%.

Cheers,

Requis

If its been garbaged (Public Domain) and he has it selling on ebay more power to him.

How is changing the date a major pain in the ass? It takes less than 10 seconds! Here, I made a video for you!

th_New.jpg

If that's a pain in the ass you guys are lazy as hell! =)

How is changing the date a major pain in the ass? It takes less than 10 seconds! Here, I made a video for you!

th_New.jpg

If that's a pain in the ass you guys are lazy as hell! =)

LOL....okay I gues I am lazy...actually thought it was more complicated than that. Thanks for the video!

Requis

Archived