TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well keeping up with first cars, my son 15 1/2 bought his first car also a '96 Mustang got his permit and took his first lesson today. After his lesson he drove myself and my wife around the neighborhood as part of his 50 hours of practice. He did a great job it is just a matter of getting used to his car since the trainers car is a Saturn. I am sure we will be out and about alot this week since I am on vacation this week.

So David you have alot of fun to look forward to in a year or so.

ShelbyDude,

Tonight we applied the front MUSTANG decal to the windshield. It was a PITA to get straight because I had to cut all the letters out and apply them one at a time. The top of the windshield is curved and the decal is straight.

It's hard to see the letters with the white backing on the fronts of them. I did the besat I could. David is happy with how it turned out. Thanks ShelbyDude.

MustangGTS203.jpg

MustangGTS209.jpg

MustangGTS222.jpg

MustangGTS225.jpg

MustangGTS233-1.jpg

On 7/24 we sent a request to Ford for the build info. On 7/28 we got this:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the build sheet of your 1996 Ford Mustang .

According to our customer database, a discrepancy exists in the address information associated with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you provided. In these instances, to protect the confidentiality of our customer information, it is necessary to validate certain details:

Are you contacting us on behalf of the owner? If so, please state your relationship and confirm the mailing and telephone contact information for the current owner.

Thank you for your assistance in clarifying this information. This enables us to more efficiently process your inquiry and update our records.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

Jay-R

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

Very cool fo r your son. I am glad he is learning well. I showed my sone the Pic's you e-mailed me of his car. It's very nice.

Thanks the car's paint is a 20 footer.. It needed to be re-painted but that is something for down the road. It suffers from spider webbing on the rear bumper and the hood looks like a bird poop was on it and ate throught the paint aliite. I think the next thing I would like to do is replace the stereo with a upgraded one since the CD player that came from the factory is shoot after that maybe some seat covers.

On 7/24 we sent a request to Ford for the build info. On 7/28 we got this:

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the build sheet of your 1996 Ford Mustang .

According to our customer database, a discrepancy exists in the address information associated with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you provided. In these instances, to protect the confidentiality of our customer information, it is necessary to validate certain details:

Are you contacting us on behalf of the owner? If so, please state your relationship and confirm the mailing and telephone contact information for the current owner.

Thank you for your assistance in clarifying this information. This enables us to more efficiently process your inquiry and update our records.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

Jay-R

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

When I emailed Ford we exchanged emails a coupe times but after I replied back to them they sent the letter within a few days. I hope there is no problems with this, but I am sure everything will be ok.

Ron

When I emailed Ford we exchanged emails a coupe times but after I replied back to them they sent the letter within a few days. I hope there is no problems with this, but I am sure everything will be ok.

Ron

I replied back to them telling them again that we bought the car used. I asked them if they want me to provide the Bill of sale. I will post the letter once I get there reply.

Thanks the car's paint is a 20 footer.. It needed to be re-painted but that is something for down the road. It suffers from spider webbing on the rear bumper and the hood looks like a bird poop was on it and ate throught the paint aliite. I think the next thing I would like to do is replace the stereo with a upgraded one since the CD player that came from the factory is shoot after that maybe some seat covers.

yea doesn't have a cd player yet, but thats for when I get older. And we a may put seat covers once the factory ones start to show wear.

yea doesn't have a cd player yet, but thats for when I get older. And we a may put seat covers once the factory ones start to show wear.

A small piece of advice: if you remove the stock headunit, don't missplace it or damage it.

I've just spent 12-months+ searching for a vintage cassette deck for one of my older cars because I wanted to put it back to stock. The previous owner fitted a CD + iPod unit, which he was so proud of!, and it was the first thing I ditched from the car in my search to return the entire thing to OEM.

You'll be amazed at what someone will pay for the original OEM unit in 10-15 years :lurk:

Congratulations on your new car - it's great to see you taking such pride in your car... it brings me back to my teens when I'd spend 8-hours cleaning a car! Now I dread washing them :P

:happy feet: You're Welcome! :happy feet:

What's next?

Chrome razors?

3" exhaust?

CAI?

SC?

:shift:

We are going to take the tires off and clean and paint the rotors Red.

I will supervise and direct. David will do the Mod.

A small piece of advice: if you remove the stock headunit, don't missplace it or damage it.

I've just spent 12-months+ searching for a vintage cassette deck for one of my older cars because I wanted to put it back to stock. The previous owner fitted a CD + iPod unit, which he was so proud of!, and it was the first thing I ditched from the car in my search to return the entire thing to OEM.

You'll be amazed at what someone will pay for the original OEM unit in 10-15 years :lurk:

Congratulations on your new car - it's great to see you taking such pride in your car... it brings me back to my teens when I'd spend 8-hours cleaning a car! Now I dread washing them :P

Thats a god idea, but remember who my dad is, he would never throw any car stuff away.

Rob & David just a heads up on your '96 Mustang. My sons '96 developed a bad miss in one cyclinder and I took to the shop and they found that the intake manifold which is plastic had cracked and leaked antifreeze into the number 3 cyclinder.....so that is going to be a $1,100 fix. So you might what to think about replacing your intake before this becomes an issues for your you guys.

Ron

Rob & David just a heads up on your '96 Mustang. My sons '96 developed a bad miss in one cyclinder and I took to the shop and they found that the intake manifold which is plastic had cracked and leaked antifreeze into the number 3 cyclinder.....so that is going to be a $1,100 fix. So you might what to think about replacing your intake before this becomes an issues for your you guys.

Ron

A common issue I remember.

I think there was actually a TSB or recall from Ford. I'll check...

Here's some info:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2005...d_manifold.html

http://www.flamingfords.info/manifoldSettlement.html

There's a ton more if you search for it.

Grabber - I'd watch this. Would hate to ruin the engine due to a stupid plastic intake cracking through no fault of yours or Davids.

Joe,

It sounds like I need to order a alum manifold when I get back from LV. Those links were good. They took a while to load on this crappy wireless connection in the hotel here in LV. I did go to the attached "how to" link, and it says the part is under $200 bucks and not hard to install. Sounds like a good project for David and I.

Here's the how to link. I will also pull the Ford shop manual and see what it says. I may even ask my master Tech for a quote to install it.

http://www.autoclinix.com/Manifold2.htm

Thaqnks again for the linkys Joegie. :happy feet:

Joe,

It sounds like I need to order a alum manifold when I get back from LV. Those links were good. They took a while to load on this crappy wireless connection in the hotel here in LV. I did go to the attached "how to" link, and it says the part is under $200 bucks and not hard to install. Sounds like a good project for David and I.

Here's the how to link. I will also pull the Ford shop manual and see what it says. I may even ask my master Tech for a quote to install it.

http://www.autoclinix.com/Manifold2.htm

Thaqnks again for the linkys Joegie. :happy feet:

Grabber,

It would be a good thing to replace....remember from my PM that I went through 3 composite intake manifolds on my 96 before Ford finally got it right....my '01 is not of the same design as the 96 was, so I am not concerned about that car potentially cracking.

Look at it this way...it's a good time to flush the antifreeze. :happy feet:

....any yes, there was a TSB out at the very least on the 96 and newer cars...I cannot recall if Ford performed an all-out recall or not....my car was still under full factory warranty when my first one blew in 2000.

Grabber,

It would be a good thing to replace....remember from my PM that I went through 3 composite intake manifolds on my 96 before Ford finally got it right....my '01 is not of the same design as the 96 was, so I am not concerned about that car potentially cracking.

Look at it this way...it's a good time to flush the antifreeze. :happy feet:

....any yes, there was a TSB out at the very least on the 96 and newer cars...I cannot recall if Ford performed an all-out recall or not....my car was still under full factory warranty when my first one blew in 2000.

John,

How come you are not concerned about your 2001. Oasis shows a recall on your Vin #. It's not a TSB.....It's a full blown recall on the 2001.

Archived