TEAM SHELBY FORUM

There's a New Pony in Grabbers Stable

Grabber

This morning David and I had an appointment to get some new tires and an alignment on his new Mustang GTS.

As we watched the work, the tire installer got ready to jack the back of the car up by the pumpkin. I said - Whoza....you don't jack the car by the pumkin. :finger:

I then asked him to use 2 jacks on the axle. He had to put the jacks in from the front of the rear tires because of the sway bars.

th_MustangGTS026.jpg

th_MustangGTS027.jpg

An older mech. did the alignment. It needed it because the front springs had settled a bit due to age and the tires were toed in out of spec. Things are diaed in now.

We went with some 2255516 Falkin 912 ZE Performance All season tires in the back.

th_MustangGTS028.jpg

th_MustangGTS036.jpg

We went with some 2455016 Falken 912 ZE Performance All season tires in the front.

th_MustangGTS032.jpg

th_MustangGTS045.jpg

th_MustangGTS046.jpg

The car drives and handles better now with these new tires and alignment.

th_MustangGTS034.jpg

th_MustangGTS043.jpg

Here's some info on the tires.

http://www.discounttirezone.com/FALKEN-ZIE...p_336-2167.html

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tires look great, Grab. Did you eyeball the brakes while the rims were off?

I did look at the brakes. The owner of the store commented that they looked like new. Before I bought the car I had an ASE certified mech go thru it. My paperwork from that inspection says that the front brakes still have 95% and the rears have 85%.

This evening David & I used the ice product under the hood in the engine bay on all the rubber surfaces. We also put on the Mustang rear plate frame that came with the car.

David tells me that it is much funner working on his car then playing video games. :)

th_MustangGTS062.jpg

th_MustangGTS051.jpg

Congratulations David, congratulations Rob and Tana, great find; great car!

Here's a video of Rob teaching David how to drive a Mustang....

:happy feet: :hysterical:

Cool Ford video Enis. :hysterical:

Dan,

that American muscle site has lots of cool stuff for the 96 in it.

Christmas gift idea's and Birthday ideas for David will no longer be a challenge. :)

Cool Ford video Enis. :hysterical:

Dan,

that American muscle site has lots of cool stuff for the 96 in it.

Christmas gift idea's and Birthday ideas for David will no longer be a challenger. :)

just the thing to start a guy off right!!!!

Long tube headers! :happy feet: Long tube headers! :happy feet:

No headers Ruffy. :baby:

I did get him a new clay bar.

MustangGTS066.jpg

......and he wanted some red caliper paint.

MustangGTS067.jpg

Great find Rob, thats the way to start him out! David my first car was a 86GT 5.0 and I have lots of great memories driving it, enjoy it! Rob, how's his insurance going to be? Just wondering todays prices for a 16yr old in a V8? :drop:

I have not checked into the insurance rates yet. David will be a rider on my policy just like my other 2 kids were before they grew up and moved out of the house to be on there own. Maintaining a 3.0 GPA will be one of the rules for being able to drive. The insurance company lowers the insurance rate for a 3.0 student.

The clay bar and quick detailer that acts as a lubricant made the cars finish shine up pretty good.

th_MustangGTS071.jpg

th_MustangGTS076.jpg

th_MustangGTS079.jpg

th_MustangGTS083.jpg

What is the paper taped in the rear window?

I assume a temp. registration, but it has plates, so is that something else?

BTW, car is looking great!

Shouldn't be long now and David will be able to detail the Shelby and GT/CS so you can just spend more time driving them and getting them dirty! :hysterical:

It's the temp reg, since the plates are reg to the old owner. New plates are on the way.

David may work on waxing today.

So do they allow plates to be transferred from previous owners to new owners?

That is odd they leave the plates on that belonged to the previous owner.

Here the plates have to be removed. They can't be transferred and the previous owner is responsible for destroying their plates. Otherwise they run the risk of someone else driving with their plates where the previous owner could be accused of something they did not do.

Wreckless driving, hit and run, or any other type of crime committed, where someone gets the plate number and the law shows up looking for them!

Here we either drive around with a temp plate or a temp registration taped in the window until the new plates come in. Seems odd they leave the old plates on and use a temp tag in the window.

WA must be a little wierd. :hysterical:

So do they allow plates to be transferred from previous owners to new owners?

No,

We are getting new plates sent to us in the mail. I'm not sure on your transfer question.

While I changed the oil in my old red truck out in my shop and tinkered with it, David used the California Cleaner wax on his car that came with his clay bar kit.

th_MustangGTS088.jpg

th_MustangGTS089.jpg

th_MustangGTS090.jpg

th_MustangGTS092.jpg

My old red truck has 59,492 miles on it now.

th_Mods046.jpg

th_Mods045.jpg

Archived