TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Trend Slams the 2008 Shelby GT - Again!

I do agree with one comment in particular. That nut on the bottom of the Hertz shifter ball can be annoying.

That's funny - I was just about to write the same thing!

From the get-go, I had meant take a mild file to that thing.

In the interim, however, I guess the funny looking callous I've developed on my right index finger has made that task unnecessary.

Kevin

Some car mag writers didn't like the gt350 back in 66. It was said to be rough, noisey, poor steering and yes too much money for what you got. Today these cars are so sought after that they often bring the highest dollars at auctions and are spoken of with a certain reverence. My point? Well sounds like history repeating itself and in 20 plus years I bet this MT writer would give his right arm just to drive one again!

"The Challenger did beat the GT500 at stopping!"

Yea by one whole foot! 117ft to 118ft!

They also said the GT500 had, and I quote, "archaic chassis and whiney motor" Yet it beat the

Challenger in lateral accelaration and figure eight with the "archaic chassis" and beat the same

Challenger in acceleration to mph, passing 45-65, and quater mile with the "whiney motor"! :hysterical:

Wonder how much Dodge paid them for that review? :censored:

The Dodge has a 1950 tech engine OHV 2 valve, show me one super car (except Saleen S7)that has pushrods in use ,yet MT complains about engine whine in the GT500. Most of those editors drive SH-T cars because they can't afford cars like the Shelby.

The engine whine is just the S/C spooling up. :happy feet: Maybe they don't know what an S/C is??? :hysterical:

Seriously, I would not be offended or even care about an article like that on the Shelby GT. If you like it, who cares?

These cars aren't made for everyone, but they are made for someones like us. We love our cars, and one man's (or woman's) opinion on things like driveline noise, handling, shifting, etc. may not be yours.

When I shop for cars I read the reviews, drive the car myself and form my own opinions. If I disagree, so what? I am the one driving it.

I, for one, love the Shelby GT entirely. It's a great handling car, has great cues and beautiful lines, and it drives great--- for me. And that's what really counts.

Chris

there is no 2C the car MT has is 999, if you have a picture of a 2c, please email it to me, thanks

Amy,

Sorry about the confusion in this thread. The CSM#07SGT02C I seen was in reference to the Ford Bold Moves video (episode#9) car (Blk/silver) that was shown to the dealers at the August 2006 National Ford Dealers Meeting when you launched the car for retail sale. Just wondering what ever happened to it & the White/Silver one?

I do agree with one comment in particular. That nut on the bottom of the Hertz shifter ball can be annoying.

are u kidding? i dont even notice.

the article says, "Plus, the nut on the bottom should be concealed better and is probably keeping a running tally of how many bits of skin it's taken off staffers' fingers."

WTF? are they gettin blisters or what? they must be babies :baby:

:rolleyes:

The engine whine is just the S/C spooling up. :happy feet: Maybe they don't know what an S/C is??? :hysterical:

Seriously, I would not be offended or even care about an article like that on the Shelby GT. If you like it, who cares?

These cars aren't made for everyone, but they are made for someones like us. We love our cars, and one man's (or woman's) opinion on things like driveline noise, handling, shifting, etc. may not be yours.

When I shop for cars I read the reviews, drive the car myself and form my own opinions. If I disagree, so what? I am the one driving it.

I, for one, love the Shelby GT entirely. It's a great handling car, has great cues and beautiful lines, and it drives great--- for me. And that's what really counts.

Chris

Exactly! I also like the "notchy" shifter. I like the feel that I have to set it in gear. Feels positive to me. I don't want a passive, refined, smooth and comfortable MUSCLE CAR! Give me the nine testicled gorilla! (Well, 5 testes for the SGT :))

Dan

If you use Safari you can simply find the video in the Activity window, found under the Window menu, double clicking on it will download it to your downloads folder. No other tool needed.

Thanks for the info Jeff, I didn't know you could do that. Life with a Mac gets simpler every day. :woot:

I don't have a problem with what MT said. Other than the part about the stereo it was spot on. The cars are way slow for the money. The ride is harsh and bumpy and the shifter is extremely notchy. The one and only reason I bought mine was because it was a Shelby. If it had not had Shelby badging I would not have purchased it. That being said, I do love the car even with it's shortcomings.

Exactly, I love the mustang hands down and I am a stang guy. My 07 I was very happy with but it did not have the Shelby badge. I never owned a cobra and I wanted a specialty stang so I got me the shelby what better specialty stang can you get. As far as the vette, camaro and challenger even what will they be worth 20 years on down the road compared to the Shelby that is the question they need to ask.

Archived