TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great response to my SGT

tcrockstar

I have had my white SGT 5657 for 4 months now. I only have 500 miles due to the fact im always working. Beisdes the time people were taking pictures of it at a stop light, I received some really nice comments Saturday night. I took it out to the local steak place which I never would normally do. While we were coming out of the restraunt a older man, a younger man and girl had just gotten out of their car. They walked over to my car and was staring at it like it just talked to them. We walked up to them and they shock my hand and said gorgeous car. That was a great feeling. I had to put another 60 miles on it that night just cruising up and down the main strip.

No worries, I was just trying to help and get your story more exposed since it is a really good one. Hope I wasn't being short. I am on the blackberry and was dealing with my fussy daughter who won't go to sleep so I was rubbing her hair at the same time of typing like I'm doing now.

tcrockstar, I finally got to the computer. Here is the link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30691

That thread is turning out some really nice stories. I would love to see yours over there too.

Thanks

Bill, thanks, yes that's from Tasca last year. My car arrived at Tasca on the 22nd and stayed there until the show on the 25th. There are more pics like this in my photobucket site under the Tasca Aug 22-25 pics. I love the one with all four cars head-on. So when am I going to see your car with the mods? I am going to Tasca tomorrow. They are finally putting on the new valve covers. If you're around, come join me after work. I should be there around 7-7:30 pm.

tcrockstar, I finally got to the computer. Here is the link:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30691

That thread is turning out some really nice stories. I would love to see yours over there too.

Thanks

Bill, thanks, yes that's from Tasca last year. My car arrived at Tasca on the 22nd and stayed there until the show on the 25th. There are more pics like this in my photobucket site under the Tasca Aug 22-25 pics. I love the one with all four cars head-on. So when am I going to see your car with the mods? I am going to Tasca tomorrow. They are finally putting on the new valve covers. If you're around, come join me after work. I should be there around 7-7:30 pm.

Shelby has valve covers now? :lurk:

Adam,

Wish I could make it, I will be in Atlanta all week on a business trip. Let me know if you plan to head to Tasca any time next week, I will try to make it. My car is getting there, but still a lot to do.

Do you have pictures of the valve covers????

• 3 weeks later...
Brian, good to hear from you. How are things?

Look for another topic on blue valve covers. I posted pics.

Really busy as of late. May be deploying again in the Fall so have not had a lot of time on the site. Saw the other thread with the blue covers...look great but I was hoping for some from Shelby that said Shelby on them. I guess I will wait a little longer but I hate how dirty the stock ones always look.

I hope you are getting used to the attention. I have things like this happen every time I take out my car, which isn't often enough for me. I have been a proud owner for 8 months but our winters force me to keep my car in the garage until April or May. I am not looking forward to this coming November when we usually get our first of many snows.

I have been a car guy since the mid-60s. I have owned Chevelles, Firebirds, and a Blazer with a built upVette motor in it. I have never owned a car that draws so much attention, though. Mr. Shelby and his people did it right when they designed our cars. Every time I go anywhere, I am given thumbs up, waved at, photographed, honked at, etc. When I am stopped at a light, gas station or parking lot, I always hear at least one comment or am approached by somebody wanting a few photos or a "tour" of the car. I don't see this happening with other cars. I just figure on adding 10-15 minutes to every trip I take. It goes with the territory. Being like a proud papa, I am always glad to do it.

Archived