TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Speed Ventures Track Day at Willow Springs

Some days are just more fun than others. Out of approximately 40 cars, only 4 US made, mine and 3 Corvettes. Willow Springs is a more Technical track than California Speedway and a little longer. Still with the help of my instructor I was able to shave 18 seconds off my initial time. And I also learned how to power through the corners.

:rockon:CP3_9672.jpgCP3_1151.jpg

Me hungry for little puny Japanese car!! :drool:CP3_1092.jpgCP3_1093.jpg

Next stop Utah Fast Pass / Miller Motor Sport Park with the GTX1....

CP3_1151.jpg

CP3_9672.jpg

CP3_1092.jpg

CP3_1093.jpg

Hope your hood pin cable didn't scuff your front fascia. Killer pics by the way!!!!

No, it didn't scuff but it came off three times. And the other side pin pulled completely out by the end of the day. I've got to call SAI about how it's hooked in. Anyhow it was worth it!

Yes- Awesome Pics - Looks like a blast - Let us know about the hood pins - any over heating trouble - how long did you run each time - what was your top speed

No overheating problems either time I've tracked the car. Sessions run approx. 25 minutes. Top speed at California Speedway 125 outside temp about 102, Willow Springs 115 temp about 85. Both road courses have short straights. CA Speedways is longer. At Willow I never had to shift the car out of 3rd., but redlined each time at the end of the straight to hit 115. Perhaps next time I'll see what going into 4th will do. I still need to shave off another 8 seconds according to the instructor. I've also purchased another set of rims with Hoosiers for the next go around to see if there is any time gain from them.

All the best....

Rick

No overheating problems either time I've tracked the car. Sessions run approx. 25 minutes. Top speed at California Speedway 125 outside temp about 102, Willow Springs 115 temp about 85. Both road courses have short straights. CA Speedways is longer. At Willow I never had to shift the car out of 3rd., but redlined each time at the end of the straight to hit 115. Perhaps next time I'll see what going into 4th will do. I still need to shave off another 8 seconds according to the instructor. I've also purchased another set of rims with Hoosiers for the next go around to see if there is any time gain from them.

All the best....

Rick

18" wheels will help

[attachment=31828:CP3_9672.jpg In this picture it looks like your still on the brakes. Its a truly awsome shot. Glad to see another SS on track.

In this picture it looks like your still on the brakes. Its a truly awsome shot. Glad to see another SS on track.

Actually on that turn the car was sliding to the right on all fours while I was increasing throttle on an uphill corner.

All the best...

Rick

Archived