TEAM SHELBY FORUM

DYNO DAY MOCGB

A friend of mine who is the MD of Paramount Performance in the UK had a dyno day for the Mustang Club of Great Britain yesterday

A 2006 GT 500 Evo pulled in 671 hp

You can find this on you tube under MOCGB dyno day 2006GT500 Evolution 12th July 2008 (think it was a standard car)

As any one had the super snake on a dyno day to see what hp it delivers

A friend of mine who is the MD of Paramount Performance in the UK had a dyno day for the Mustang Club of Great Britain yesterday

You can find this on you tube under MOCGB dyno day 2006GT500 Evolution 12th July 2008 (think it was a standard car)

Hi Rob,

Here is the video

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66stang/26611...57606123245113/

Dave's car isn't standard, here is what he said about it when he was thinking of selling it (I think he has now decided to keep it!): -

"The car was bought in the USA and the majority of the modifications performed by Evolution Motorsport. It was then imported to the UK where JW Racing finalised the additions.

1. Racelogic Traction Control.. (OEM fit on the Gumpert Apollo)

2. Upgraded Eibach Coilovers.

3. Upgraded Eibach Anti-Roll bars.

4. Stage 4 Upgrade Pack

Core Components:

- JLT Carbon Fiber Air Intake System,

- Custom Tuned SCT Xcalibrator 2

- 2.6" Supercharger Pulley,

- Auxiliary Idler Assembly,

- NGK TR6 Spark Plugs, (I've actually changed these to 1 degree colder even)

- 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers With Exclusive Firecone Collectors

- 3" Stainless Steel Decatted Exhaust with X-Pipe and 4" Polished Tips! "

I know that Dave took it to a day at Brands Hatch and Sean Edwards took it out for a few laps and was blown away by how well the car performed - the exact quote was, "The instructor(Sean Edwards) I had driving at BHGP was utterly amazed, he was expecting a fat wallowy yank tank and instead we were catching well driven 997 GT3RS."

I'd say it is a pretty impressive GT500

:beerchug:

Hi Rob,

Here is the video

http://www.flickr.com/photos/66stang/26611...57606123245113/

Dave's car isn't standard, here is what he said about it when he was thinking of selling it (I think he has now decided to keep it!): -

"The car was bought in the USA and the majority of the modifications performed by Evolution Motorsport. It was then imported to the UK where JW Racing finalised the additions.

1. Racelogic Traction Control.. (OEM fit on the Gumpert Apollo)

2. Upgraded Eibach Coilovers.

3. Upgraded Eibach Anti-Roll bars.

4. Stage 4 Upgrade Pack

Core Components:

- JLT Carbon Fiber Air Intake System,

- Custom Tuned SCT Xcalibrator 2

- 2.6" Supercharger Pulley,

- Auxiliary Idler Assembly,

- NGK TR6 Spark Plugs, (I've actually changed these to 1 degree colder even)

- 1 7/8 Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers With Exclusive Firecone Collectors

- 3" Stainless Steel Decatted Exhaust with X-Pipe and 4" Polished Tips! "

I know that Dave took it to a day at Brands Hatch and Sean Edwards took it out for a few laps and was blown away by how well the car performed - the exact quote was, "The instructor(Sean Edwards) I had driving at BHGP was utterly amazed, he was expecting a fat wallowy yank tank and instead we were catching well driven 997 GT3RS."

I'd say it is a pretty impressive GT500

:beerchug:

Hi! Very nice to see GT500 are popular there as well with some!

Very nice numbers also, was that Evo's Tvs 2.3 stage 4 package? Thats what I currently have and your hp numbers are almost the same.

If that is the Tvs stage 4 would you mind posting on the Tvs thread. We are trying to compile info on all the Tvs equiped cars. Here is the link to the thread.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31008

Thanks, and enjoy that Shelby, 600 plus rear wheel is a lot of fun! :D

Steve

Heres my Snake running on Blow By Racing Dyno.

Heres my Snake running on Blow By Racing Dyno.

John: Just think how much more power you would make if you had the JBA headers and 3" exhaust!!!! LOL Not only that it would sound better! How you doing BTW ?

John: Just think how much more power you would make if you had the JBA headers and 3" exhaust!!!! LOL Not only that it would sound better! How you doing BTW ?

OK enough about the exhaust already. I'm doing great the car is running good just dealing with heating issues on track. I'll be at Sebring on Saturday for some testing. Getting the car ready for Daytona. I have installed the dual pass exchanger and plugged off the hose from the thermostat to the cir pump which should force more water to the radiator. I hope all is well with you. Did you take any pictures at Carlisle if so could you send me some.

Thanks

John Strauss

I'm impressed that a stock GT500 engine without a supercharger change can produce 671bhp on a dyno.

If the OEM charger can produce that, what are the Eaton TVS and Kenne Bell capable of?

About 670 to 685 rwhp sae correction factor for the TVs.

About 670 to 685 rwhp sae correction factor for the TVs.

So is the tune quite mild on the Super Snake? It uses the FRPP Eaton TVS but the stated bhp is 605 and obviously the KB is quoted as 725.

If a stock GT500 engine is capable of 671 with a few mods (the important ones seem to be shared by the SS), then what the Eaton and KB could deliver must be :yahoo:

So is the tune quite mild on the Super Snake? It uses the FRPP Eaton TVS but the stated bhp is 605 and obviously the KB is quoted as 725.

If a stock GT500 engine is capable of 671 with a few mods (the important ones seem to be shared by the SS), then what the Eaton and KB could deliver must be :yahoo:

Don't forget, the 605 and 725 numbers are at the crank, not the rear wheels. At 15% loss, the rear wheel numbers are 514 and 616 HP...

Don't forget, the 605 and 725 numbers are at the crank, not the rear wheels. At 15% loss, the rear wheel numbers are 514 and 616 HP...

I am sure the 671 on the Evo is also adjusted for loss.

Nevertheless, doesn't it seem strange that a GT500 with stock SC is producing approx 671 at the crank?

My questions stands, are the Eaton and KB running mild states of tune in comparison to what Evo are doing to the stock GT500? Basically, is there a large margin of safety on the SS setups and is the Evo the opposite, ie. on the ragged edge?

:headscratch:

Archived