TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2009 in stock for under sticker!

A new auction showed up today on ebay for a 2009 GT500 with a BIN price of under sticker price. The way the auction reads, it is in stock and ready to go. I have noticed that over the last week, even the dealers on ebay who were stuck at $5,000 over sticker for an '08 have dropped their prices $2,000 to $3,000. These are some of the same pirates (dealers in Houston) that laughed at me 5 months ago when I told them I wouldn't pay their ransom. This new auction will probably make them drop their prices even more. Thing is, because of what they were getting a year ago, these dealers are still going to come out ahead in the long run even if they sell their last '08's for thousands under sticker.

I work about 15 minutes away from the dealer with ebay auction. ALL the domestic car dealers around here are hurting. Rows and rows of unsold SUVS and trucks. They just want to sell something, anything. Sales are tanking due to the gas prices and uncertain economy.

BTW, the dealer does have a very good rep if anyone is interested in the car.

Ford needs to rethink about the 09 and stop the bleeding. Not that I want the price to drop I just want Ford to live up to what they said ONLY 2 YEARS.

Art

There's no turning back now. 2009's are in production.

I work about 15 minutes away from the dealer with ebay auction. ALL the domestic car dealers around here are hurting. Rows and rows of unsold SUVS and trucks. They just want to sell something, anything. Sales are tanking due to the gas prices and uncertain economy.

BTW, the dealer does have a very good rep if anyone is interested in the car.

We go through this every 4 years! It isn't just dealers. It's most businesses. They are ALL hurting. The high gas prices is affecting everything. But it is also an election year and every election year businesses suffer. Although I think this particular election year is worse than most have been. But then again, Americans pile on trillions in more debt every 4 years so it is all catching up and adding the inflated energy cost is only making it worse.

What will be interesting is to see what happens after the election. Somehow I think it isn't going to get much better this time around. We could see a MAJOR thinning out of all types of businesses over the next year or two or three.

The problem is our government is clueless on how to fix it. They only know how to &%$# everything up making it even worse. We are going to see a lot of the middle class get wiped out if things don't turn around soon.

Well said SD......plus add on that we are selling our our businesses to foreign companies. When we do that, all profits to out of this country and in to the hands of that foreign country. Look what just happened to Budweiser (AB). They sold out to In-Bev and now we can call it the great American beer anymore.

We go through this every 4 years! It isn't just dealers. It's most businesses. They are ALL hurting. The high gas prices is affecting everything. But it is also an election year and every election year businesses suffer. Although I think this particular election year is worse than most have been. But then again, Americans pile on trillions in more debt every 4 years so it is all catching up and adding the inflated energy cost is only making it worse.

What will be interesting is to see what happens after the election. Somehow I think it isn't going to get much better this time around. We could see a MAJOR thinning out of all types of businesses over the next year or two or three.

The problem is our government is clueless on how to fix it. They only know how to &%$# everything up making it even worse. We are going to see a lot of the middle class get wiped out if things don't turn around soon.

It will be interesting to see how the energy price will change after Bush's executive decision yesterday. Now if we can get Congress to get their act together.

anyhow, back to topic. It's a buyers market. Good find on the cars!

Well said SD......plus add on that we are selling our our businesses to foreign companies. When we do that, all profits to out of this country and in to the hands of that foreign country. Look what just happened to Budweiser (AB). They sold out to In-Bev and now we can call it the great American beer anymore.

One phase of every recession is "the US goes on sale". Real estate and businesses. What building just got sold to the government of Dubai???

Vapor,

I don't think Anheuser-Busch sold because they wanted to sell. InBev was in the process of mounting a hostile take-over and Anheuser-Busch was too exposed to fight them off.

When it comes to the Shelby market EBAY is the last place to judge the market. The markets can very by region. A deal on EBAY when you add on shipping or air fare + travel , days off all adds up.Thats the true cost on EBAY.

We need a STRONG DOLLAR and a new admin. ASAP

When it comes to the Shelby market EBAY is the last place to judge the market. The markets can very by region. A deal on EBAY when you add on shipping or air fare + travel , days off all adds up.Thats the true cost on EBAY.

We need a STRONG DOLLAR and a new admin. ASAP

A Strong Dollar will take some time.

You're going to get a new administration in January. Be careful - you might not like what you get. Taxes are going to go up, it's just a matter of how much.

The Dems have already said the flat capital gains will return on home sales, full rate, no deferrals like you used to get. Same as selling stock (short term vs long term, but all capital gains will go up). That's just the start. Oh, don't die rich - they'll get all of that too. Further beware, pretty much anyone with a job that pays above minimum wage is rich now.

New adminstration won't do it! Bush lifted the executive order now congress has to get off their respective butts and do the same thing. There is no quick fix! Took us a while to get here and it will take a while to get out. We just need to stop all the negative press, with the GDP showing a slight increase, unemployment at 5% (it is generally considered 5% is all willing, able bodied workers are employed is the best you will see) we are not in a recession (10% unemployment). Certainly nowhere near depression (25% unemployment). Many folks have made poor choises with respect to debt and it is now time to pay Peter.

A Strong Dollar will take some time.

You're going to get a new administration in January. Be careful - you might not like what you get. Taxes are going to go up, it's just a matter of how much.

The Dems have already said the flat capital gains will return on home sales, full rate, no deferrals like you used to get. Same as selling stock (short term vs long term, but all capital gains will go up). That's just the start. Oh, don't die rich - they'll get all of that too. Further beware, pretty much anyone with a job that pays above minimum wage is rich now.

Yes taxes are going up if your income is over $ 250000 . The lifetime $500000 capital gains on homes will increase. Short term capital gains change is not a certain . Stop watching faux news !!!

Indeed, hook Hussein Obama with a Democrat congress and you'll get all the taxes you've ever dreamed of and a few more. Gotta love the liberals and their pie in the sky. Can't drill for oil but we can tax our way out of anything! How can anybody with a job and double digit IQ still fall for that crap

Pay attention ,now read my lips only those making OVER $250.000.00 a year income will see an increase in taxes. Independents are fed up with W admin. Fed up with special interest. The middle class better pay attention, especially if you are under age 40. If you are over 40 and have a net worth of $1.500.000.00 then you can weather either party. Check your own net worth and that will tell you your IQ. The far right want to drill so the oil revenues continue. Mobil oil stock was @ 45 8yrs ago now it's @ 85 that makes the oil men in the White House happy as can be. If you are heavy in oil stocks or any contractors in the Middle East you are happy as can be. President FDR said if there ever was profiteering during our war effort he would prevent it. That this was not the American way. Look up the stock prices and profits of these companies and you judge.

Archived