TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Performance - other than HP

atmorrisjr

Has anybody seen any new performance numbers on this puppy? All I keep reading about is the HP and the torque. What about skid pad numbers? How about other handling numbers? Anyone actually seen a legit 1/4 mile ET or circut lap time on this car? How about the traction control (first I knew it had that...) can it be turned off and on ?

Haven't seen any numbers myself.

Just estimated 0-60 and 1/4 mile, nothing actual.

I would expect 0-60 @ 4.2, and 1/4 mile @ 11.5.

But I'd be supprised if the Shelby could hold more than .90g

Anybody else???

KingCobra.

My modified 350hp 97 Cobra sees 6 trackdays a year on a roadcourse. It is addicting. With the new Shelby I can meet up with the 911 GT3's. The weight will be the problem.

With my more nimble 97 I am faster then a 911 Carrera around the track. A GT3 is very difficult. Imprezas and Evos are no match at all. And the Shelby has nearly 150hp more. That will be fun.

Nobody has commented on the write-up

Powertrain: 2007 Shelby GT500: Big Block Power

In there is a paragraph quoting Hau Thai-Tang as saying achieving 475 horsepower is no problem. "We have great confidence that the 2007 Shelby GT500 will produce at least 475 horsepower--perhaps more. And that would be right in line with the original GT500 experience, It, too, under promised and over delivered."

Holy $&!T!!!!!

That gets my motor runnin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KingCobra.

I'm hoping that the experiance is the same as it has been for years with SVT. I want to be able to run it hard for half-a -dozen track days, replace the tires and hit the drag strip for a couple of weekends. As well as drive it every day and show it on the other weekends. That is what I have done for years and I would be VERY disappointed is this was any less. B)

All the talk of 475 HP/ 475 ft-lb, and 'bigblock power' I hope is not too misleading- I have yet to see anywhere at what RPM these numbers are achieved. Bigblocks way back when often torque peaked down low with a flat torque curve that stretched the HP over a wide range- typically the new motors have torque 'line' that points towards the rev limiter...

I'm certain whatever it is, its going to be the fastest mustang ever, but I really wonder how the motor would 'feel' off idle compared to a old 390 with less HP.

I still dream of the day we might see a 4-500 ft/lb peak under 3krpm again...

so- has anyone seen a torque/power curve yet- if so, please share :)

I'll be trying to figure out a way to take my wife for a ride and have her keep her eyes open. She's already not lookin forward to this car. Oh well......

Ba Ha Just point out how many sweet young things are checking the car and you out, and I gaurantee she will be eyes wide open! You may or may not have then other issues to deal with...LOL :D

All the talk of 475 HP/ 475 ft-lb, and 'bigblock power' I hope is not too misleading- I have yet to see anywhere at what RPM these numbers are achieved. Bigblocks way back when often torque peaked down low with a flat torque curve that stretched the HP over a wide range- typically the new motors have torque 'line' that points towards the rev limiter...

I'm certain whatever it is, its going to be the fastest mustang ever, but I really wonder how the motor would 'feel' off idle compared to a old 390 with less HP.

I still dream of the day we might see a 4-500 ft/lb peak under 3krpm again...

so- has anyone seen a torque/power curve yet- if so, please share :)

Nope....even at this point everyone is taking it all on faith. I am not aware of any substanciated data on the cars performance envelope.....and believe me I have been looking.

"All the talk of 475 HP/ 475 ft-lb, and 'bigblock power' I hope is not too misleading- I have yet to see anywhere at what RPM these numbers are achieved. Bigblocks way back when often torque peaked down low with a flat torque curve that stretched the HP over a wide range- typically the new motors have torque 'line' that points towards the rev limiter..."

Is the 5.4L engine really considered a Big Block? Curious.....

I pulled this description of a Big Block Engine off of Answers.com ;

"A big-block engine is a North American V8 in a family of engines which generally have greater than 5.9 litres (360 cubic inches) of displacement."

Thanks.

Bear in mind that a roots S/C makes it's power throughout the powerband unlike a centrifcal that has to spool up to make boost.

I think we're going to be pleasantly suprised at the how loe in the rpm range this car will make max torque.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

Pack a soft collar with you. This car will slam you into the seat, right off of the line.

I think massive amounts of torque will be there throughout the powerband, down low where you need it!!!!!

KingCobra.

Archived