TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Foreign Assembly Plant?

07 GT500

I was given a Sept. 27th delivery date on my red/white T88. Can one of you pros tell me what this means though?

"Foreign Assembly Plant has released Imported Vehicle" Anyone else been told this? So, where does that mean the car was built?

Thanks,

Chris

Here's what I understand from previous posts here:

The car IS built at Ford plant.

Then goes to Mazda plant down the street for application of the stripes (this is the "Foreign" plant)

Then returns to the Ford plant for final inspections and delivery.

Again, just what I have seen in other posts, can't confirm from personal experence.

Mike.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe, according to Ford's system, the location where stripes are put on is considered a "Foreign Assemby Plant" even though it is right down the street from the Flat Rock plant. Based on this, "Released from Foreign Plan..." would mean the stripes are done.

Hey Chris

You must be in Canada? I believe it refers to the car being shipped across the border from Michigan (foreign, eh?), and the car imported from the U.S. My car had the same status before it was delivered.

Can anybody else clarify?

No, no, no. The unified plant that Ford makes the Mustang and Mazda's on is just considered "foreign" to FMC. It only means that your car has been born. :baby:

Congrats. If you want additional clarification, please review the 2007 order tracking forum that Kzinti started before he was muffled on BOF.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...?showtopic=3364

post-5894-1158174664_thumb.jpg

Hey Chris

You must be in Canada? I believe it refers to the car being shipped across the border from Michigan (foreign, eh?), and the car imported from the U.S. My car had the same status before it was delivered.

I'm in south Texas. I hope ya'll are right about the stripes. Now that you mention that, I do remember reading it somewhere else, but I could not find anything about it when I was looking. Thanks for answering my question! I appreciate it. I'll be sure the new floor in the garage is squeaky clean in another two or three weeks. I will be surprised to see it arrive when they say it is though, we'll see.

Hey, thanks Flash! I'll check it out....

post-5894-1158174664_thumb.jpg

Don't quote me on this, but I believe, according to Ford's system, the location where stripes are put on is considered a "Foreign Assemby Plant" even though it is right down the street from the Flat Rock plant. Based on this, "Released from Foreign Plan..." would mean the stripes are done.

+1

(See how I quoted you? :hysterical: )

I was given a Sept. 27th delivery date on my red/white T88. Can one of you pros tell me what this means though?

"Foreign Assembly Plant has released Imported Vehicle" Anyone else been told this? So, where does that mean the car was built?

Thanks,

Chris

I think that means your shelby was built at the Yugo plant in Europe. :hysterical:

Archived