TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHelby GT-H burnout

Larry T

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have rented Shelby GT-H 160 in San Francisco and for a rent car its mildly amusing but...

I guess its just cause they are automatics and we are used to a 5spd GT but this car is a DOG. It takes FOREVER for it to decide to downshift and ramp up the throttle. Is the throttle response dampened that much worse on an auto? For what its worth, there was no mention of the TCS disable durning the delivery inspection and indeed it is not disabled on this car. Standing burnouts are no problem with a little brake applied and give is some gas.

It eventually goes but CAI rather than the exhaust as heard from the driver's seat. Car is in pretty good shape for being a 8000 mile rent a racer. $116/day UNL miles in case any one cares.

Well I have rented Shelby GT-H 160 in San Francisco and for a rent car its mildly amusing but...

I guess its just cause they are automatics and we are used to a 5spd GT but this car is a DOG. It takes FOREVER for it to decide to downshift and ramp up the throttle. Is the throttle response dampened that much worse on an auto? For what its worth, there was no mention of the TCS disable durning the delivery inspection and indeed it is not disabled on this car. Standing burnouts are no problem with a little brake applied and give is some gas.

It eventually goes but CAI rather than the exhaust as heard from the driver's seat. Car is in pretty good shape for being a 8000 mile rent a racer. $116/day UNL miles in case any one cares.

Wonder what it will be like in a few thousand more miles.

Oh, that's not looking for trouble! What, no Hookers, Firetrucks, and guns? What is this world coming to?!?!? :hysterical:

Crispy you are invited but you got to supply at least one of the following hookers,guns, and firetrucks. They are listed in order of importance and in the way they should arrive at the scene, after all i am bringing the Shelby.

Archived