TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stripes & warranty question

So I'm looking my baby over and I notice that by one of the hood vents, the end of one of my stripes is bubbling up a little and will soon start peeling back.

This spot always looked a bit off since the day I picked my car up, along with some small oddities on other parts of my stripes. I have some overlap because the stripes are done in sections in various places throughout the car and not all of them were applied 100% straight. The first one I noticed was on my front bumper, the overlapped section isn't straight and there is a noticeable are where you can see it.

Also on the hood by the vent (the one that is now bubbling up) it just looks like it wasn;t tucked under the vent properly from the beginning, and now it has created an issue.

Would this be fixed under warranty, or will I have to pay for a re-stripe?

So I'm looking my baby over and I notice that by one of the hood vents, the end of one of my stripes is bubbling up a little and will soon start peeling back.

This spot always looked a bit off since the day I picked my car up, along with some small oddities on other parts of my stripes. I have some overlap because the stripes are done in sections in various places throughout the car and not all of them were applied 100% straight. The first one I noticed was on my front bumper, the overlapped section isn't straight and there is a noticeable are where you can see it.

Also on the hood by the vent (the one that is now bubbling up) it just looks like it wasn;t tucked under the vent properly from the beginning, and now it has created an issue.

I would say warranty would cover it. Check with the Ford dealer that you want to have it repaired at.

Yes warranty will cover it. I am taking mine in on Monday for restriping because the stripes are coming up around the hood vents. They will have to order the stripes so you will have to take it to the dealership twice. Once for them to look at it, then they will have to order the stripes and you will have to go back to get them done.

Yes warranty will cover it. I am taking mine in on Monday for restriping because the stripes are coming up around the hood vents. They will have to order the stripes so you will have to take it to the dealership twice. Once for them to look at it, then they will have to order the stripes and you will have to go back to get them done.

Indeed. Just got off the phone with them, and they were great about it. They just asked for me to come down there so they could take a look, then they'd order a new set.

Best of luck to you on yours, let us know how it goes.

I personally will be very anal about the new set, making sure it is all 100% perfect this time around!

Mine is bubbling in the same area as well. Not going to bother with the warranty though, going to have the stripes painted on.

Does Ford sell the stripes individually or do you have to buy the whole kit? Through my own fault I damged my right side... front bumper upper stripe? I can check on monday but I am mad right now so I thought I would check here.

Turns out they can order by the section. So I had them order the 3 sections that I required.

Another bit of good news... the side scoops and window scoops I ordered almost 7 weeks ago FINALLY came in! Now they go out for paint and prep, so hopefully they will be ready when my stripes come in and they all get done at one time.

Turns out they can order by the section. So I had them order the 3 sections that I required.

Another bit of good news... the side scoops and window scoops I ordered almost 7 weeks ago FINALLY came in! Now they go out for paint and prep, so hopefully they will be ready when my stripes come in and they all get done at one time.

Great news on all accounts! I will be able to sleep tonight.

When you get the scoops on post some pic's. Thanks again, now I don't have to be crabby the rest of the weekend.

Indeed. Just got off the phone with them, and they were great about it. They just asked for me to come down there so they could take a look, then they'd order a new set.

Best of luck to you on yours, let us know how it goes.

I personally will be very anal about the new set, making sure it is all 100% perfect this time around!

Well I got my car to the dealership and back today. They replaced my stripes and it looks like the day I bought it. I have to admit I was a little worried about them screwing up the job. I can say I am very pleased with the job they did.

Hopefully yours turn out as well as mine did...

Archived