TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nail in the rear tire....what a pleasant experience...!!

sharabi

yesterday i was cleaning my car and waxing her when i noticed some thing shiny in the rear tire passenger side....it was accessible so i tried to remove it to find out that it was a nail going an inch in the tread area...the moment i removed it air leaked so i put it back to stop the air leak until i get a repair kit....i went to Murray's and i got the kit for 9$, and i wanted any way a pump for my other car so i got it for 25$ and i called the dealer to ask him for an advice he was ok with the temporary fix till i get the tire patched....road side assistance offered towing from my garage and i was thinking about removing the wheel an taking it to the dealer vs. towing it there...then i said forget it i will fix the tire temporarily and drive her.

I called bell tire to check on a touchless tire machine they said they have it...so i plugged the hole and drove her there.

i explained to them: it has sensor at 180 from the inflation tip. and a band so please be careful not to break it....they said do not worry we do a lot of them and that is true...while i was there there was M5, Benz C500, Audi, so it was high end cars being served.

i was allover the car like a hawk while they were working and i noticed some discussion was going on after they removed the tire to find out that they broke the band.............. :banghead:

They ordered a new one from the dealer close by where i got my car from..he did not have it so they had to get the band from another dealer. After 45 min they got the new band which was better quality than the oem...i asked them to keep the old band to find that it was made in Nov. 2007..the same date my shelby was put together.

new band went in and i was checking out and the manager DID NOT CHARGE ME ANY THING...!!!

I said to him i saw how careful the tech was with handling the job and it is just a crappy OEM band that no matter how careful you are you may break it, so am willing to pay for fixing my tire...He insisted that there will be no charge and they will work any future problem with me .

Kudos to Bell Tire and to the nice manager Scott they were very professional .

I got first class treatment there...It does only happen in a SHELBY :happy feet:

He insisted that there will be no charge and they will work any future problem with me .

Kudos to Bell Tire and to the nice manager Scott they were very professional .

I got first class treatment there...It does only happen in a SHELBY :happy feet:

This is the kind of service that gets customers to come back! I would encourage you to put this in a letter to them as well. I'm betting he was also the owner. If he isn't the owner the owner deserves to know when something excellent happens.

To me, it is often worth it to pay a little more for something knowing that the service after the sale will be there. Appliances in new construction come to mind.

I would encourage you to put this in a letter to them as well.

I will but i e mailed the corporate center this letter.

sorry for the long writing but this is what i felt and just translated it to words.

On 7/11/2008 I had a nail in the rear passenger tire. I used the temporary fix and plugged the hole then took the car to Rochester Hills location of Bell Tire to have the tire patched. 2740, rochester road 48307.

The tech who worked on my tire was very careful he located with the marker where the pressure sensor was supposed to be and started working and i was watching all the time since i love my car.

unfortunately when the tire came out..(and he used the touchless machine) the band that was around the sensor broke off.

he came to me and told me so and showed me the OEM band which in my opinion was cheap and piece of crap that ford used and it could happen to any one. He told me he did hundreds of those and this is the first time he breaks one accidentally.

I believed what he said because i saw first hand how careful he was.

The manager in the back ground without me noticing made calls to get a new band that was not available at the dealer nearby.

he made the effort to get it from another dealer even the original band could be put together with a little adjustment but he did not want me to have trouble in the future with a temporary fix.

band arrived and was in and i checked out to find that the total charges were 0$.

I told him that i would like to pay for the labor and the patching they did and what happened could not been avoided after i saw the quality of the OEM band. he insisted on that and told me that he will help in any future problem.

THE tech's name is Taylor...bless his heart he is excellent and professional and i will have him himself working on my future tire needs you bet ya.

The managers name is:

Scott Clayton..he went all the way and an extra mile to have my problem solved and to satisfy me as a customer.

Even if it still exist....But it is rare nowadays where you find this honest, professional old fashion business way where customers are treated first class.

Kudos to Bell Tire and to the team there and especially to Scott the manager. and PLEASE IF THERE IS A WAY TO SEND HIM A RECOGNITION FOR HAVING ME AS A PERMANENT CUSTOMER AS FAR AS TIRE NEEDS AND FOR THE UNIQUE WAY HE HANDLED BUSINESS.

Lastly thx for reading my email which is lengthy but i had to do it.

yours,

mohammad

Archived