TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 Dan Gurney Special

Grabber

Dan Gurney Special.

I got to see car number 53 of 300 made tonight at the local Dairy queen. They are making 100 Red ones, 100 White ones and 100 blue ones. It was neat to see something different from Saleen.

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-14.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-15.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0803.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-28.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-27.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-26.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-25.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0802.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-24.jpg

AwattersSteelsteedsGrabber7-11-0-23.jpg

I'm sure it's a very cool ride.

I do have some opinions on some of the styling choices, though. (just my opinion!)

I don't care much for the rims - it's a pretty expensive car with a hood prop rod - I don't care much for the seats - or the rear white stripe around the spoiler.

And - I think it's majorly overpriced.

Does this end the unbelievably long steak of people who have come out with a "special edition" Mustang? Or are there more on the way???? This is really ridiculous. :banghead:

For fun, we should set up a poll of about 15 names that could be the next "limited edition" Mustang name-plate and vote. Then we should notify the winner so they don't miss the bandwagon.

I would like to put Arnold Palmer's name on the list.... :drop:

Looks pretty good...could do without the "funky" blue seats and I don't particularly like the extended "rocker" stripe that covers the rear part of the quarter fender.

I prefer the looks of the PJ car, never cared for the "C" stripes, or the flat hood, the shaker and hockey stripes are the bomb

The DG is still a very nice car though, I prefer the Red, White then Blue versions, in that order.

I prefer the looks of the PJ car, never cared for the "C" stripes, or the flat hood, the shaker and hockey stripes are the bomb

The DG is still a very nice car though, I prefer the Red, White then Blue versions, in that order.

+1

i too like the PJ car better, and it seems like the c-stripes on the DG car do not flow with the body lines. its like trying to put 69 boss stripes on a 65-66 mustang........

its still a cool car, and thank you for the pics........

laurence

• 7 years later...

I just bought #049 Vista Blue with 5200 miles for $31K. Looks like it has 500 miles on it.

Not sure why that pic Grabber posted has a black front splitter? :headscratch:

Having an SGT, a 500 and this car, makes it darn hard to decide which car to drive. The DG gets way more thumbs ups from gawkers. :shrug:

Just an update Grabber.... They only built a total of 66 cars. The economy crash and the outrageous MSRP killed it off. My car ended up being 1/37 in VB. Nobody has any clue what it is....I get a load of questions wherever I go. :cool:

Archived