TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Will you let the spouses drive the Shelby

Lutzcat

Since we have discussed it for the seventeen year old, here's another question. Will you let the wife or companion take the Shelby out for a Lady's Night Out? Just your opinion because I doubt if most could say a definite no without sleeping outside for the week.

Lutzcat

On this one, I say yes.

Big difference between:

A - Teenage boy with minimal real world driving experience trying to impress friends and girls.

B - Mid 40's lady that has over 25 years driving experience, and owned a 5-speed Maxima for 11 years.

No doubt. Besides, she's such a tight wad, she'll be more worried about hurting it than I am.

Mike.

Since we have discussed it for the seventeen year old, here's another question. Will you let the wife or companion take the Shelby out for a Lady's Night Out? Just your opinion because I doubt if most could say a definite no without sleeping outside for the week.

Lutzcat

Thank god for 6 speeds....

My wife drives all of our cars whenever she wants, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have the cars that I do have. It pisses her off when she drives our '67 GT500 to work and somebody says - "I can't believe your husband lets you drive that car!" She reminds them that it is just as much hers as it is mine, and I remind people of the same thing. Not many guys I know are married to somebody who would let them have as many toys as my wife lets me have, so I don't take it for granted for one minute.

My wife drives all of our cars whenever she wants, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't have the cars that I do have. It pisses her off when she drives our '67 GT500 to work and somebody says - "I can't believe your husband lets you drive that car!" She reminds them that it is just as much hers as it is mine, and I remind people of the same thing. Not many guys I know are married to somebody who would let them have as many toys as my wife lets me have, so I don't take it for granted for one minute.

Exactly. <bowdown>

Lutzcat

My wife doesn't drive a stick (WHEW) and those new 6 speeds are almost impossible to get in the right gear and you don't want that to happen because the supercharger would make the engine blow up. Its also real hard to find "Park" to start the car. I explained that was easy, just put the gear thingy in the middle a take your foot off the outside brake pedal and start the car. It's kind of too much trouble as it rarely starts that way and so driving a stick is too much work.

My wife likes her automatic transmission. (I lost my Lightning this way) :rant:

I've tried to get my wife to drive ours but she won't do it.

Same here! My '69 is an automatic and she still doesn't want to drive it (even in an abandoned parking lot)! Hey, I'm not complaining or anything!! She doesn't drive a stick so when the GT500 arrives I suspect her attitude won't change.

+1 here.

My wife loves to drive our 95 GT. She almost pushed it as hard as I do and she can't wait for the extra ponies of the GT500. It's great to have a wife that likes toys!

I'm not married and I haven't decided if I'll let the girlfriend drive it or not. Of course, I'll be present if she does.

As obsessed as I am over this car, my girlfriend was saying, "I bet you won't even want to have sex in it!" I told her there wouldn't be enough leg room, but that she could work my stick. :baby:

Will I be allowed to drive it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :headscratch:

Hell, I bought it! My man needs his toys to be pleasant.

I will admit that there are a lot of women out there that can't even drive stick, but there are many of us that can handle shifting cars, motorcycles, whatever!

Actually, I can't be a bad girl in it anyways since I have 2 tickets in the last 1.5 years and need to keep clean for another 1.5 since I will have big problems at work if I get another ticket!

-The Little Woman

Will I be allowed to drive it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? :headscratch:

Hell, I bought it! My man needs his toys to be pleasant.

I will admit that there are a lot of women out there that can't even drive stick, but there are many of us that can handle shifting cars, motorcycles, whatever!

Actually, I can't be a bad girl in it anyways since I have 2 tickets in the last 1.5 years and need to keep clean for another 1.5 since I will have big problems at work if I get another ticket!

-The Little Woman

Nice to see I'm not the only female who voices their opinion on here, what state do you live in? Might I suggest the BEL RX65 PRO, I bought it when I got my 05 Mustang GT. I find it very reliable.

Theresa :wacko:

Even if I said yes if she asked to drive the Shelby once I get it, she wouldn't drive it anyway because she don't care for manuel transmissions.

And now that I am getting a Shelby, once her lease is up in June 07, she wants a Convertible Mustang GT/CS next.

Which is a shock, but cool with me after she's been driving AWD-SUV's for the past 10 years.

Lutzcat

Yup. Getting the car was her idea. Here she is on day two......post-2868-1158192668_thumb.jpg

bj

post-2868-1158192668_thumb.jpg

Archived