TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who has added Terlingua Stickers and/or Hurst Equipped emblems?

I'm interested in seeing pics of where people have added Terlingua Race Team stickers and/or the Hurst Equipped emblems on their cars.

I kind of like the look of both of these items and am considering adding them...is one on each fender and one on the back deck too much for a total of 3 each on the car? Just curious here as to what others have done...

I put the Terlingua decal and Team Shelby sticker on the left rear quarter window. I can't see out of that one anyway. I may move Lucifer to the fenders above and forward of the Cobra. This is a pic showing the car level for a Watts link installation, but the sticker shows up.

DSC01419.jpg

I put the Terlingua decal and Team Shelby sticker on the left rear quarter window. I can't see out of that one anyway. I may move Lucifer to the fenders above and forward of the Cobra. This is a pic showing the car level for a Watts link installation, but the sticker shows up.

DSC01419.jpg

When we picked up our car at SAI for the 40th, I had Bud place the Terlingua stickers on both sides of the car.

post-7616-1215782953.jpg

post-7616-1215782969.jpg

post-7616-1215782953.jpg

post-7616-1215782969.jpg

I'm interested in seeing pics of where people have added Terlingua Race Team stickers and/or the Hurst Equipped emblems on their cars.

I kind of like the look of both of these items and am considering adding them...is one on each fender and one on the back deck too much for a total of 3 each on the car? Just curious here as to what others have done...

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

Here are some pictures of LuLu which have both installed:

DSCN3046.jpg

DSCN3048.jpg

DSCN3049.jpg

Thank you, sir, very kind of you to post.

I don't have many pics of LuLu, and uploading what I have has been disappointing.

I did not go with the Hurst emblem and here is a shot of the car decal'ed up for the Birthday Bash.

They are not on the car any longer.

CarrollsBirthdayBash072.jpg

LOL, I think this is where my wife thinks I'm headed....she said "You're not putting stickers all over that car!" "But honey, these are "Tasteful" stickers.! Somehow, I don't think she's buying it.... :finger:

Chrisminx I have a bunch. Let me know what size you need.

Before the CSBB Roger and I got a bunch of stickers from all the vendors. We much a bunch on and had a few left over. I think Roger got the Hurst and others while I got a bunch too.

Anyway pm me your address and I will send you a set.

Adam

LOL, I think this is where my wife thinks I'm headed....she said "You're not putting stickers all over that car!" "But honey, these are "Tasteful" stickers.! Somehow, I don't think she's buying it....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Chrisminx I have a bunch. Let me know what size you need.

Before the CSBB Roger and I got a bunch of stickers from all the vendors. We much a bunch on and had a few left over. I think Roger got the Hurst and others while I got a bunch too.

Anyway pm me your address and I will send you a set.

Adam

Hey Adam, would you hold on to a couple of those for me please? I'll get them from you this time next year when I report to the war college in Newport - that is if you don't mind.

(BTW, do either you or Roger need a co-pilot for about ten months?)

Hey Adam, would you hold on to a couple of those for me please? I'll get them from you this time next year when I report to the war college in Newport - that is if you don't mind.

(BTW, do either you or Roger need a co-pilot for about ten months?)

Kevin, let us know when you make it in Newport. We'll go tear up the town! :happy feet: :happy feet:

When we picked up our car at SAI for the 40th, I had Bud place the Terlingua stickers on both sides of the car.

I like that location! (And I love your car!)

I did not go with the Hurst emblem and here is a shot of the car decal'ed up for the Birthday Bash.

I really like that BFGoodrich emblem too!

Where did that come from?

Dan

I don't have any of the Emblems yet but just had a question about the strips on the fender. What do they mean or stand for? Or are they just for looks? I've been wondering this for a while and i love the look of them. Just thought i would want to know if i ever decided to add them on.

Thanks

Blake.

CIMG0299.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

I don't have any of the Emblems yet but just had a question about the strips on the fender. What do they mean or stand for? Or are they just for looks? I've been wondering this for a while and i love the look of them. Just thought i would want to know if i ever decided to add them on.

Thanks

Blake.

CIMG0299.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

Blake,

They are driver identification stripes. They were used a lot in the 1960s & 70s for multi car teams so that they could immediately identify which car was pitting--each driver would have a different color of stripes. Hope that helps...

Stuart

Blake,

They are driver identification stripes. They were used a lot in the 1960s & 70s for multi car teams so that they could immediately identify which car was pitting--each driver would have a different color of stripes. Hope that helps...

Stuart

Thanks Stuart that helps.

Blake,

Stuart

The stripes are also known as "Pit Stripes" for the same reason...Pit guys could tell which driver was coming in by the color of the stripes....You have to remember back when all of the GT40's were Guardsman Blue and they all looked alike when they were coming into the pits, so they came up with the different colored stripes so they could tell when their driver was coming in instead of someone else's driver...

Better getcha some...that way you too can be a part of the secret club!

Some put them only on the left fender and some put them on both fenders...I put them on both on my Vista Blue SGT as you can see in my pic below...I used the Satin Silver to match the other stripes on the car too...

• 3 years later...

Archived