TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Canadian KR's

Vogon

I was at my Ford dealer last week, with my 40th GT500. When I took my salesman for a drive, after he caught his breath, he said that they were getting 4 KR's. I need to get more details, I'm not sure if they're all spoken for yet. He said he didn't know what they were selling for...

I'll post more info if I get it. Any other Canadian dealerships claiming that they're getting KR's?

I was at my Ford dealer last week, with my 40th GT500. When I took my salesman for a drive, after he caught his breath, he said that they were getting 4 KR's. I need to get more details, I'm not sure if they're all spoken for yet. He said he didn't know what they were selling for...

I'll post more info if I get it. Any other Canadian dealerships claiming that they're getting KR's?

That's too funny. I was at the Dealer that sold me my GT500 two weeks ago, taking my salesman for a ride and he told me they are getting one KR. This was in Burlington Ontarion.

It's nice to see that we also get to take our salesmen for a ride, but only after the fact. LOL

PS. He also mentioned the owner of the dealership is going to keep it for himself, till at least he gets sick of it anyway..............

That's too funny. I was at the Dealer that sold me my GT500 two weeks ago, taking my salesman for a ride and he told me they are getting one KR. This was in Burlington Ontarion.

It's nice to see that we also get to take our salesmen for a ride, but only after the fact. LOL

PS. He also mentioned the owner of the dealership is going to keep it for himself, till at least he gets sick of it anyway..............

I bought my black convertible from Discovery Ford in Burlington, in October 2006. It was the owner's. Is that your dealer? If so, he'll keep it a while and maybe sell it, as you suggest. There were 1,700 kms on it at the time, and I paid 10K over MSRP.

And by the way, nice choice of cars: a blue coupe and black convertible. Now where have I seen that combo before? :headscratch:

Guest markham51

My dealer figures he will get 4. I am no 2 in line. If adms are high he can keep it. At 80k plus its not cheap and I already have lots of money "invested" in Mustangs. He is expecting them in 09.

• 3 weeks later...
Try Dixie Ford in Brampton/Mississauga. Ted Hogan is the GM. He is a straight up guy. He is under the impression they are getting 3 of them and selling them all. Heavy premiums though.

Dave

"Heavy Premiums"

The dealers favorite word. I guess thats why I bought my GT500 out of the states at list price 6 months ago. The Dealers here in Calgary are still asking 5K over sticker. Not sure if there still getting it. I really like the speedo in Miles.

I think I'll wait till this winter or next spring to take a run at a KR and will probably buy it out ot the states as well. Or maybe just go with the SS package. Too bad we have to get clobbered on these cars here in Canada, but I guess that is how the free market works.

To compliment the (1,000) 2008 40th-Anniversary Edition Shelby GT500KR “King of the Road” Mustangs, Ford and Shelby Automobiles announce that an additional 746 units will be built for the 2009 model year to help meet worldwide demand of the supercar.

Of that car total, 571 units will be available for U.S. customers thus equaling the 1,571-unit production run of the original Shelby GT500KR.

The remainder of the 175 units will be for countries that did not receive 2008 models, including Canada.

Hope this helps :cold:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a deposit on one and my dealer still has no clue when it's coming or how much. They were so promising on getting me one by May of 08 and then, no calls for 2 months. Sad to see how Canadian dealers are completely out of the loop.

Anyhow, they were to get 4 cars, all spoken for.

It is not only Ford that has this issue but GM. I was trying to get a ZR1 and while US is starting to receive them at the end of this month, the Canadian dealers are still clueless.

We are always behind!!

Archived