TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS 2.3L Complied Dyno Results

BEEKAY GT500

thanks. it seems that you had no changes to your mods.

also, what octane fuel did you run for your pulls?

that was with bbk TB...93 oct gas. it was a 20hp increase. your list shows old numbers. i'm also running i piece alum dynotech DS, and Corsa muffs. Tuning is by Jon Lund, not Evo.

that was with bbk TB...93 oct gas. it was a 20hp increase. your list shows old numbers. i'm also running i piece alum dynotech DS, and Corsa muffs. Tuning is by Jon Lund, not Evo.

thanks. for clarification were all three of your pulls with corsa's and Dynotech ds? i remember your first 582 rwhp pull was with the stock tb so i left it unchanged. if i am wrong let me know.

post-9445-1254625436_thumb.jpg hydro,my mods are TVS ,L&M 66mm TB,L&M Plenum. JLT CAI W/115mm MAF with Hpx sensor, 60lb injectors,2.6 upper & 10% I/W lower,Dynotech Driveshaft,3.73 gears,making 699.55 rwhp on 93 oct pump gas thru ARH Long Tubes,SVT1 Mufflers.On 93 Octane Pump Gas

post-9445-1254625436_thumb.jpg

This is my corrected sheet,my uncorrected was 724rwhp.I left out the AFCO Heat Exchanger. and a Experimental Throttle Body and Plenum that we call the No-name as it is undergoing further R&D.

hi hydro, actually there are several different correction factors. there are:

UNCORRECTED

STD

SAE

DIN

EEC

JIS

the one that you posted up is STD or Standard. your numbers are excellent. you will likely challenge justin or blackshelby (he has 700 rwhp+ sae also) for top dog tvs honors. can you ask your dyno shop to provide you the run file? with this we are able to get any of the above correction factors. thanks.

hi hydro, actually there are several different correction factors. there are:

UNCORRECTED

STD

SAE

DIN

EEC

JIS

the one that you posted up is STD or Standard. your numbers are excellent. you will likely challenge justin or blackshelby (he has 700 rwhp+ sae also) for top dog tvs honors. can you ask your dyno shop to provide you the run file? with this we are able to get any of the above correction factors. thanks.

I was given one Dyno Sheet that read:Uncorrected Smoothing:5 Max Power 724.66rwhp & Max Torque 747.35

The other sheet read: STD Smoothing: 5 Max Power 712.26 & Max Torque 734.58

Never received a SAE Sheet.hydro

Here you go Brad:

Tuner: Jon Lund

Upper pulley: 2.6

Lower pulley: 10% OD

Intake: FRPP

TB: 16mm monoblade

Headers: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Mufflers: FRPP 5GTs

Drive shaft: Stock

Octane: 91

Dyno Type: Dynojet

Source: Dynojet Sheet

Temp; 67

Elevation:1,223 FT est.

Humidity: 46%

post-9897-1238355682_thumb.jpg

post-9897-1238355682_thumb.jpg

Here you go Brad:

Lower pulley: 10% OD

Intake: FRPP

TB: 16mm monoblade

Headers: Stock

Exhaust: Stock

Drive shaft: Stock

Octane: 91

Source: Dynojet Sheet

Temp; 67

Elevation:1,223 FT est.

Humidity: 46%

thanks for posting up. can you get your run file or an SAE dyno sheet? i'm sure you will join the 650 club.

Hi Brad,

Well even though I am going to put the 2.9 on my coupe when they come in. I haven't given up on the TVS since that will be going on my vert. But now that I have my Dynojet 224xLC installed.......just have to get the wiring and air line hooked up yet. Once I know how to run it and get a little practice I intend on optimizing the Tvs in it's current form and then removing and installing the 2.9 with no other changes initially, after that optimize the 2.9 tune. So unless someone like Justin beats me to it we should have about as close to a direct comparision as you can get. I am going to love having this dyno and being able to take my time and not have to rush things! PS......I'll post whatever info is needed, I have have every option for the 224xLC except the all wheel drive version. Thank goodness they don't make an all wheel drive Mustang yet because I couldn't afford that much $$$$ right now! :D

Hi Brad,

Well even though I am going to put the 2.9 on my coupe when they come in. I haven't given up on the TVS since that will be going on my vert. But now that I have my Dynojet 224xLC installed.......just have to get the wiring and air line hooked up yet. Once I know how to run it and get a little practice I intend on optimizing the Tvs in it's current form and then removing and installing the 2.9 with no other changes initially, after that optimize the 2.9 tune. So unless someone like Justin beats me to it we should have about as close to a direct comparision as you can get. I am going to love having this dyno and being able to take my time and not have to rush things! PS......I'll post whatever info is needed, I have have every option for the 224xLC except the all wheel drive version. Thank goodness they don't make an all wheel drive Mustang yet because I couldn't afford that much $$$$ right now! :D

you have what installed? :drool: guess your family wont be seeing much of you for a while. do you plan on doing comaprisons in stages? stock vs stock, pullied vs pullied, upper/lower vs upper lower, etc.? that would be sweet? any chance we can get you do to some comparisons on pump fuel only? cant wait to read about your findings.

you have what installed? :drool: guess your family wont be seeing much of you for a while. do you plan on doing comaprisons in stages? stock vs stock, pullied vs pullied, upper/lower vs upper lower, etc.? that would be sweet? any chance we can get you do to some comparisons on pump fuel only? cant wait to read about your findings.

I'll try to do as much as I can! I defintely will be doing pump gas. Good thing I have been starting to save for another built engine!

• 1 month later...

OK, so I got tired of the monoblade's drivability issues and went back to the stock TB and a new tune from Justin. I don't have an SAE graph but I do have STD. If you go back to my original post, I ran 648 rwhp and 609 rwtq with the monoblade TB. My new numbers with the STOCK TB and and VMP tune are 640 rwhp and 624 rwtq!

Both runs were on 91 tunes!

garyrun2jpg.jpg

• 1 month later...

Nice power for 91 oct cloud9!

Here is a graph from a local car with TVS, VMP 2.65, VMP dual 67mm, stock injectors, stock pump, gutted cats (don't flow well) and Ford GT cams (only seem to help above 6000rpm), these pulls were done in mediocore conditions, I can see it making more on a cool day.

post-6941-1244736467_thumb.jpg

Here is a graph from a local car with TVS, VMP 2.65, VMP dual 67mm, stock injectors, stock pump, gutted cats (don't flow well) and Ford GT cams (only seem to help above 6000rpm), these pulls were done in mediocore conditions, I can see it making more on a cool day.

thanks justin. how about getting cloud9 an sae sheet so we can get him in the list?

• 2 weeks later...

You 'da man Justin! Now we need to figure out what's next. My buddy just cammed his Z06 and hit 126 trap speed at an airport shootout last weekend versus my 122 mph. I beat the rest of the Vette field and a GT-R at 119 but this just isn't acceptable :hysterical: Whatever I do, I can't up the heat too much or I won't be able to run the road course. :nonono:

Brad - I found my SAE graph from my 91 tune run in April. I still need to get a more accurate race tune dyno, as you may remember my torque numbers were WACK and the shop owner didn't pull past 5500rpms?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll shoot you the run file if you want it?

Tabaka.jpg

Brad - I found my SAE graph from my 91 tune run in April. I still need to get a more accurate race tune dyno, as you may remember my torque numbers were WACK and the shop owner didn't pull past 5500rpms?

PM me your e-mail address and I'll shoot you the run file if you want it?

Tabaka.jpg

thanks. i just sent you a pm. wow you really revd that boy up there. so you are still sorting out your race tune? will looking forward to that one. are you planning any header/exhaust upgrade down the road?

• 3 months later...
I have 712rwhp STD ,734.56 torque after more Mods and tuning result 691rwhp on a Mustang Dyno this equates to over 750rwhp on a Dynojet. with a TVS.On 93 Oct pump gas.Did not get a SAE sheet.Was 724.66 Uncorrected rwhp.747 torque.hydro

please give us a list all mods to get 712rwhp and who your tuner is

• 3 weeks later...
sweet numbers. can you post up your SAE graph or run file? the one you put up was your STD graph. Also, what is your full list of mods? thanks.

I sent you a SAE file with a more conservative tune and you have not posted it.hydro

I sent you a SAE file with a more conservative tune and you have not posted it.hydro

hi hydro, i got it. i love the way you and blackshelby setup your dynographs. you guys set the rpm breaks perfectly to take advantage of the whole sheet. makes pulling your numbers very easy.

can you let me know the following:

tuner

intake

fuel injectors

fuel pumps

mufflers

driveshaft

anything else?

• 1 month later...

Got a new one for you Brad, I might have a Torco run for you later in the week as well happy%20feet.gif

Lower pulley: IW 10%

CIA: FRPP

TB: 16mm Monoblade

Headers: American Racing 1 7/8 Catted X

Drive shaft: DSS

Fuel Upgrade: BAP

Cooling: C&R Racing HE

Other: VMP Plenum

Octane: 93

702/660

Here's one of the pulls from that day:

Lund93Pull.jpg

edit: Forgot inlet on mod list

Got a new one for you Brad, I might have a Torco run for you later in the week as well happy%20feet.gif

Lower pulley: IW 10%

CIA: FRPP

TB: 16mm Monoblade

Headers: American Racing 1 7/8 Catted X

Drive shaft: DSS

Fuel Upgrade: BAP

Cooling: C&R Racing HE

Other: VMP Plenum

Octane: 93

702/660

Here's one of the pulls from that day:

Lund93Pull.jpg

edit: Forgot inlet on mod list

i'll get you updated along with the others. congrats on the 700 club.

Archived