TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SAAC Shelby Registry.

NVWSSV

I know the GT500 will be included in the National Shelby Registry, but has anyone seen any info on a special Shelby numerical plaque somewhere on the car? Did the Shelby's of yesteryear have a dash plaque and a numerical plaque in the engine bay? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The Shelby Registry is a painful compilation of every serial #'d vehicle Shelby ever laid his hands on, or authorized production of, from the 60's-early 70's. It's about 2,500 pages of info on- especially- Shelby Mustangs, Cobras, and the like. Each car in the registry usually has some story--a list of owners, race history, etc, that people can research. So, no: Shelbys did not have dash plaques, but they had traceable serial #'s and documented histories. The registry is updated periodically--every couple of years--with current information (status of car, who owns it, or if the car is missing/stolen/destroyed/recovered. This registry is also very useful if you are researching a vehicle and need to authenticate it.

It's nice that the new cars will be in the registry, and this will allow for the continuation and expansion of SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club).

Sooo, that's what the registry is in a nutshell--a great document produced by a group of dedicated members of one of the best car clubs in the USA.

Hope this helps! B)

The Shelby Registry is a painful compilation of every serial #'d vehicle Shelby ever laid his hands on, or authorized production of, from the 60's-early 70's. It's about 2,500 pages of info on- especially- Shelby Mustangs, Cobras, and the like. Each car in the registry usually has some story--a list of owners, race history, etc, that people can research. So, no: Shelbys did not have dash plaques, but they had traceable serial #'s and documented histories. The registry is updated periodically--every couple of years--with current information (status of car, who owns it, or if the car is missing/stolen/destroyed/recovered. This registry is also very useful if you are researching a vehicle and need to authenticate it.

It's nice that the new cars will be in the registry, and this will allow for the continuation and expansion of SAAC (Shelby American Automobile Club).

Sooo, that's what the registry is in a nutshell--a great document produced by a group of dedicated members of one of the best car clubs in the USA.

Hope this helps! B)

Great info Crispy. I should have used the term VIN instead of plaque though. What I want to know is if there will be a VIN # tag on the car like this -

vintag.jpg

I have not read or seen any info, just wondering if anyone has or if Robert saw something like it at the show.

I don't think the car will get a Shelby plaque, because it is not built by Shelby American. Although from 68 and later they were not build by them either. It certainly would give a nice touch. Even better with a stamped CS signature too.

Great info Crispy. I should have used the term VIN instead of plaque though. What I want to know is if there will be a VIN # tag on the car like this -

vintag.jpg

I have not read or seen any info, just wondering if anyone has or if Robert saw something like it at the show.

That would give this car even more of an authentic CS identity and uniqueness.It would also fit in with the retro theme. What do you think Mr. Shelby and Mr. HTT? How about it? B)

Archived