TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Foose Mustang Stallion

robertlane

Foose normally has some pretty decent designs and modifications to vehicles but this one is a complete dud. It does nothing to accentuate the Mustang, removes many aspects of the current car that makes it look like a Mustang, and then paints the car in one of the deadest colors ever to grace a car. Then, almost as an after thought, Foose mimicks the Boss stripe - a look that is foolish, cheesy, and which does nothing to borrow from the past to augment the current, nor does it add anything to overall design.

This effort gets a D- and should be sent back to someone with some knowledge of Mustangs to correct the botched job that Foose has handed to Ford.

Saw another Foose Mustang that was even worse - I believe it was rolled out a Ford headquarters. Not sure if it was this car with a different paint job (it was a two-tone), but I couldn't believe it was a Foose - especially since I like his work on his tv show.

Foose should be embarrassed at these efforts.

• 2 weeks later...

None of Foose's stuff has ever impressed me. There was a recent magazine cover showing a 70 fastback. It was the same gray color with a similar wide side stripe that was placed too high on the body. Then he shaved the door handles-Oh Wow! and put some of his gaudy 20+ inch chrome wheels on it. Then he slapped on a hood scoop that fit so poorly you could see daylight between it and the hood. To top it off the leading edge of the hood was about half an inch higher than the headlight bezel in typical older Mustang fashion. You'd think someone with his reputation could align a hood correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived