TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CC to Dearborn

Aussie67

Any members that want to meet anywhere between Sudbury => Toronto => Windsor => Dearborn please reply here.

My wife and I will be leaving Sudbury Wednesday 10th to travel to Dearborn and would love to meet members along the way that would like to join the "Canadian Caravan" to Dearborn.

Let's make this a fun event. Someone even mentioned having some "Meatballs" for the doors made. I would certainly be willing to pay for something like that.

Please post here and we can arrange meeting times and places etc.

So far we have at least 6 expressions of interest, let's see if this grows any further.

:shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in...

Brampton here.....

If this will be one of the stops let me know......we can do the breakfast thing here or we can meet up somewhere down the pipe..

Randy

Thanks Randy. If we can get everyone to post locations they are coming from, then we should be able to figure out a schedule that will work for everyone pretty easy. Once we have an idea of timing it should come together pretty good.

Wooohooo :mail:

I'm in

I live on the east side of Toronto so anywhere in the GTA is good for me

I can get prices for "meatball" stickers from a friend in the business if you want

Guest markham51

I'm in!

I live in the Muskokas near Mactier (basically exit 189 off 400/69) ....one hour north of Barrie (approx 38k south of Parry Sound)

Sounds like great fun. I have no idea what a Bullrun or a meatball is but...whatever it is Im for it as long as it involves booze and sex!

:happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Wooohooo :mail:

I'm in

I live on the east side of Toronto so anywhere in the GTA is good for me

I can get prices for "meatball" stickers from a friend in the business if you want

By all means.......we need to "REPRESENT"....lol...lol..lol..

Find out the price for magnetic ones.......maybe with a red & white theme.....

A good place to meet is at Yorkdale mall north parking lot, it is next to the 401 and just east of the 400

We could plan lunch 1st if anyone is interested

I think we need to schedule several meeting spots Scarborough, Toronto, Brampton/Mississauga, Kitchener, London etc.

That way you don't have to back track....

The team local could designate the spot right off the 401.....maybe with a Timmie's so they could be mini pit stops...

For me alone to meet at Yorkdale would be a 40 minute drive in the opposite direction and I'm sure there are others West of me.....

This is great, if we add Shelby 08 who is coming and hooking up as well, we have 8 cars so far. Excellent stuff.

I agree, Randy we will need several meeting spots in order to avoid people travelling in the wrong direction. No need for that. It seems as though we will be coming from furtherest North so far and Roch is coming from fartherest East so we should be able to pick up most along the way between us and then meet up enroute.

Markham, we can definitely meet up in Barrie or just North somewhere, whatever suits you.

My Canadian geography is not that great so will Roch and YZD63 be able to hook up somewhere East of Toronto, or will you guys meet in Toronto area somewhere, with the rest of us?

YZD63, we met in Ottawa, it will be good to see you again.

Really lookin forward to meeting the rest of you guys. We still have plenty of time to finalise arrangements, but if Cobraracing can get prices for the magnetic meatball stickers and if everyone can express willingness to pay costs, that would also be great. I'm sure Red and White theme for the meatballs would be great, maybe with the Maple Leaf or something as well?

PJ.

:shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

(2 more for the extra 2 members)

What about this meatball for the side of the cars?

I can add more names if any other Canucks join in

This is as long as Shelby oks the use of their logos

Canadianrun2-1.jpg

Guest markham51

Canadianrun-1.jpg

Looks AWESOME!

Canadianrun2-1.jpg

That looks fantastic.....

It would look awesome on my car....

But I still think it needs a little Canadian content....

A Maple Leaf, Beaver, Toque, beer bottle, Red & white, stripper on a pole.......I don't know...something... lol....

Guest markham51
That looks fantastic.....

It would look awesome on my car....

But I still think it needs a little Canadian content....

A Maple Leaf, Beaver, Toque, beer bottle, Red & white, stripper on a pole.......I don't know...something... lol....

Maybe a pic of Pam Anderson somewhere!

Guest markham51
This is great, if we add Shelby 08 who is coming and hooking up as well, we have 8 cars so far. Excellent stuff.

I agree, Randy we will need several meeting spots in order to avoid people travelling in the wrong direction. No need for that. It seems as though we will be coming from furtherest North so far and Roch is coming from fartherest East so we should be able to pick up most along the way between us and then meet up enroute.

Markham, we can definitely meet up in Barrie or just North somewhere, whatever suits you.

My Canadian geography is not that great so will Roch and YZD63 be able to hook up somewhere East of Toronto, or will you guys meet in Toronto area somewhere, with the rest of us?

YZD63, we met in Ottawa, it will be good to see you again.

Really lookin forward to meeting the rest of you guys. We still have plenty of time to finalise arrangements, but if Cobraracing can get prices for the magnetic meatball stickers and if everyone can express willingness to pay costs, that would also be great. I'm sure Red and White theme for the meatballs would be great, maybe with the Maple Leaf or something as well?

PJ.

:shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift::shift:

(2 more for the extra 2 members)

How does this approach sound?

First we appoint someone (volunteer) to plan the trip. They will email everyone to coordinate...one at a time.

The coordinator starts by deciding the route...ie they perhaps start with the northernmost person...routing 400South from Sudbury to 400 Barrie....to 401 Toronto to 401 West (torward Brampton, KW, London, Detroit etc)

Each member tells the coordinator where would be a convenient point along that route (service center or exit) for them to join us and multiple persons close together are consolidated by coordinator.

Once the route is finalized the coordinator determines approx arrival/departure times that make sense along the route starting with person farthest away (Sudbury?)...and choses a lunch point if that makes sense etc.

I think the key i to have one person take charge. We all send him/her our email addresses etc . It should be quite easy it would think with only eight vehicles.....

Canadianrun2-1.jpg

Hey Cobra, they look absolutely fantastic. Way to go. I am not sure Joe G is with us, I think he was after Canadians coming from Western side through Wisconsin etc. Maybe Joe can respond if he sees this?

Maybe Sharon can also respond as to the use of the logo, and I suspect CS's signature as well?

Great work.

I am excited.............Did I say that yet?

I am going to Ottawa in about an hour, white water rafting, so I will follow up this thread on Sunday when I get back.

PJ

Guest markham51
No ...... :headscratch: .......I think they are store bought in the U.S.A. :hysterical:

Oh, sorry, I confused my response with the "bucket list" thread. Pams on my bucket list and we could put the Mackenzie brothers on our meatball.....

I don't mind coordinating the event, I do that sort of thing as a profession :work:

I coordinate events for 1000 + people as a side responsibility for my Foreperson's position :slapfight:

The Meatball is only a 1st draft and can be modified to what ever we want

Makes perfect sense Markham

Guest markham51
I don't mind coordinating the event, I do that sort of thing as a profession :work:

I coordinate events for 1000 + people as a side responsibility for my Foreperson's position :slapfight:

The Meatball is only a 1st draft and can be modified to what ever we want

Makes perfect sense Markham

I nominate Cobraracing as coordinator.....all in favour? :happy feet:

We don't have a better spokesperson than Ms. Silicone :drool: or the Beer boys :beerchug: ???? (well they are a good example)

Oh, sorry, I confused my response with the "bucket list" thread. Pams on my bucket list and we could put the Mackenzie brothers on our meatball.....

Archived