TEAM SHELBY FORUM

is 2006 model year the lowest of all SAI production years?

96season

I THINK YOU ARE CALIFORNIA DREAMIN"

08 PROD WAS SOMETHING LIKE 3000 SHELBY GT & 1000 KR & 1000 40TH ANNIV

LOOKS LIKE SO FAR '06 IS STILL LOWEST PRODUCTION YEAR UNTIL I HEAR OTHERWISE

(BUT I AM TALKING MY BOOK AS A 06 GT-H OWNER)

We are talking semantics here, 06 GTH = 500 built, 08 GTC = 200 built. 08 GTC rarest Shelby?

06 GT-H 500

07 GT-C Black and White w/silver stripes, door sill plates after ship and guage pods. 100 cars

08 GT-C Orange w/silver stripes w/Carroll signature on visor and door sills 219, I think cars

08 Barett Jackson edition Black w/red stripes, autographed picture, door sill plates 100 cars

Amy

I THINK YOU ARE CALIFORNIA DREAMIN"

08 PROD WAS SOMETHING LIKE 3000 SHELBY GT & 1000 KR & 1000 40TH ANNIV

LOOKS LIKE SO FAR '06 IS STILL LOWEST PRODUCTION YEAR UNTIL I HEAR OTHERWISE

(BUT I AM TALKING MY BOOK AS A 06 GT-H OWNER)

Last I heard was that there would only be 400 40ths.

hi amy- still ...at 500 GT-H isn't '06 your lowest production year of registered shelby mustangs in total for any year in your history?? i.e. - no other cars were offered that year?

p.s.- i'm humbled each time i turn the key in my vehicle

lol, ok model year 2006 Gt-H coupe it is the only 06 model year car we made. The Shelby GT's for model year 07 were built in 2006, but are 07 models. hope this helps..

I love my H too :)

06 GT-H 500

07 GT-C Black and White w/silver stripes, guage pods and door sill plates afterwards 100 cars

08 GT-C Orange w/silver stripes w/Carroll signature on visor and door sills 219, I think cars

08 Barett Jackson edition Black w/red stripes, guage pods, door sill plates 100 cars

Amy

08 Barrett Jacksons didn't have gauge pods (or if so, someone left them off mine :) )

08 Barrett Jacksons didn't have gauge pods (or if so, someone left them off mine :) )

your right, no guages, but there was an autographed and framed photo. I changed my post

Amy

so thank you amy ...its final i guess... in model year 2006 shelby produced only 500 shelby mustang cars in totality ...all of which were one model - the 2006 shelby mustang GT-H

500 is the lowest total annual model year shelby mustang production in shelby's 43 years of automotive production

(when ,of course, any cars were produced- many years of no shelby mustang production)

the 2006 shelby GT-H is the rarest shelby mustang of all time

thanks for listening to to the musings of just another shelby fanatic''

i'm now unreachable ...i'm going out for a ride in the very rare GT-H #352...if the crowds of onlookers let me by!

traction control switched offffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Between 1962 and and 1965 Shelby American built 1003 Cobras. 1962 is probably the lowest production year. Seventy-five 260ci Cobras were built and the first 289ci Cobra wasn't built until 1963, so no more than 75 Shelbys were built in 1962.

http://classicponycars.com/cobra.html

Plus how many CSX 4000 and Shelby Series 1s were built at SAI each year prior to the introduction of the GT-H? 249 Series 1s were built between 1998-2005. Plus

SAI built Dodges for a few years.

Ok, I've been brushing up on my SAI history and came across this interesting link

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2003/11/14/000...14/Section8.asp

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2004/11/15/000...61/Section8.asp

...Overview

The Company was originally organized on December 4, 2000 (Date of

inception) under the laws of the State of Nevada, as Ginseng Forest, Inc.

Through June 23, 2003 the Company had no operations and in accordance with SFAS

No. 7, the Company was considered a development stage company.

On June 23, 2003, the Company closed its previously announced agreement

(the "Exchange Agreement") to acquire all of the outstanding common stock of

Carroll Shelby Licensing, Inc. and Shelby Automobiles, Inc. (the "Shelby

Companies") for 9,087,866 shares of Ginseng Forest, Inc. common stock and a

promissory note issued by Ginseng Forest, Inc. to the Shelby Companies security

holders in the amount of $2,000,000 due December 31, 2003.

In 1997, Shelby American Inc. and its subsidiaries obtained a license

agreement from CSL to produce and manufacture the Cobra automobile. In 2003

Shelby American Inc. defaulted on its royalty agreements with CSL and was unable

to continue as a going concern. In the third quarter of 2003, SAI entered into a

possession and management agreement with Shelby American Inc. to protect its

tradename and customer loyalty by continuing production of customer ordered

Cobras and keeping its showroom facility open that operates daily tours. SAI is

evaluating the risks and benefits of acquisition of certain Shelby American

subsidiaries versus the purchase of certain assets of those subsidiaries or

beginning production of Cobra cars in a completely new start up operation. It

expects to finalize its evaluation during the fourth quarter of 2003.

Plan of Operations

The Company's strategy is to aggressively pursue new licensing channels

for its historic and prominent intellectual properties and hallmark brands such

as Shelby Cobra, 427 S/C, FIA 289, Cobra Daytona Coupe, GT 350 and GT 500. This process will be achieved through acquisitions and strategic alliances.

In the third quarter of 2003 the Company, through SAI has begun the

production of Cobra automobiles. The Company plans to expand its dealer network

and direct sales under a license agreement with CSL...

Shelby Automobiles Inc...

Shelby Automobiles Inc. ("SAI") was incorporated as a Nevada corporation

in 2003 for the purpose of manufacturing high performance Shelby vehicles under

the guidance of Carroll Shelby and is involved in prototype manufacturing,

design and engineering projects. SAI plans to expand through a dealer network

and direct sales under a license agreement with CSL. In the third quarter of

2003 SAI began operations.

So, the first year of SAI production would be 2003. Thus my comments above about the old Shelby Dodges and Series 1 is irrevalent as they were not made by SAI.

So to determine what year SAI produced the fewest cars, one would have to know how many were produced in 2003, 2004, and 2005.

It does say

Total revenue generated from car sales for the nine months ended September 30, 2003 increased $849,906. These revenues were generated from the sale of 9 Cobras and

approximately $68,000 of Cobra performance and other automobile products.

Now selling and building are not the same, I think it's safe to say that less than 500 vehicles per year were produced at SAI from 2003-2005. I'll see if I can find actual SAI production numbers for those years.

More info

http://sec.edgar-online.com/2004/11/15/000...60/Section6.asp

Manufacturing Agreement

In December 2003 the Company entered into a licensing agreement with an

unaffiliated company to license certain of its intellectual properties

associated with the manufacturing of the carbon fiber and fiberglass fully

assembled vehicles, including paint and final detail (less engine and

transmission only) for the Shelby Cobra CSX4000 Series 427 S/C. The Company is

required to purchase the following amount of vehicles over the next five years

at a cost not to exceed $30,000 per vehicle:

Year Automobiles Committed

2004 125

2005 160

2006 195

2007 120

2008 120

is 2006 model year the lowest of all SAI production years?, if so '06GT-H is rarest shelby mustang ever produced

The answer to your question as asked is no. SAI came into existence in 2003 and produced continuation Shelby Cobras in 2004 and 2005. So either 2004 or 2005 is the lowest of all Shelby automobiles inc-SAI. automobile production model years.

But it would be correct to say Shelby produced the least number of Shelby Mustangs in MY2006. You couldn't say rarest Shelby mustang because there were a quite few years when less than 500 specific Shelby models were produced in a single MY. For example:

MY 1965: 36 GT 350Rs

MY 1966: 11 GT 350S'

MY 1967: 40-90 GT 350S'

MY 1968: 224 GT 350Hs

MY 1969: 152 GT 350Hs

MY 1970: 789 leftover 1969s become MY1970 Shelbys. Approx 410 GT-500s 379 GT-350s

MY 2007: GT-C 100

MY 2008: GT-C 219 max

My 2008: BJ GT 100 max

Then there are the SuperSnakes, SGT/SCs, 40th Anniversary GT 500s, + Convertible GT-Hs.

It was an enlightening little research project. SAI needs to hire me to be their statistician/registrar :D With my upcoming retirement from the USAF, I will be available for employment this Fall. I will need the telecomuniting option...wife ain't leaving VA Beach and I ain't leaving the wife.

I'm guessing none of you want to hear about the lowest produciton years of Shelbys. It's probably the '71/72 Shelby Mustang Europa GT-350/500. Only 14 were produced over that period and most people don't know about them.

Here is a link that will take you to a very good Mustang website that has photos and production information on those unique and little known about Shelbys.

http://www.ponysite.de/sheleur.htm

nice try...but many people will try to claim this prize

in MY2006 shelby produced only 500 shelby mustang cars totality (per amy)

this would qualify as the lowest total annual shelby mustang production run in history of shelby

all of these cars were one model

that model was GT-H

i have one of those cars

i have the lowest production shelby ever made

and you don't

"anything less than victory is losing"

-vince lombardi ca.1960

nice try...but many people will try to claim this prize

in MY2006 shelby produced only 500 shelby mustang cars totality (per amy)

this would qualify as the lowest total annual shelby mustang production run in history of shelby

all of these cars were one model

that model was GT-H

i have one of those cars

i have the lowest production shelby ever made

and you don't

"anything less than victory is losing"

-vince lombardi ca.1960

After all my research...:rolleyes:

There were fewer than 500 Shelby cars made in 1962, 1963, and 2004 (and probably 1998-2002). Except for 1971 and 1972, 2005 was the lowest production for Shelby Mustangs.

So...in the new 'New Shelby' math 500<14.

Even if the 14 is spread out over two model years.

Interesting...

I own neither a GT-H nor a Shelby Europa (Mustang), so I have no stake in this other than the unearthing of correct facts over incorrect fact.

I certainly would be interested in hearing Amys take on this.

And for those who are looking for low production numbers to consider;

4 The number of 1966 GT-350 conv. built.

1 The number of 1967 EXP-500 conv. built. (Labeled as EXP-500 and and not GT-500)

1 The number of 1967 EXP-500 coupes built. (Known as Lil' Red, it was crushed)

1 The number of 1968 EXP-500 coupes built. (Known as the Green Hornet. Parially owned by Craig Jackson of Barett Jackson fame)

No question that the GT-H (either year) is very desirable and a car of uniqueness, but the early cars had some unique variants that are often overlooked in the quest for a modern day equivelant. I heard that Ole Shel his own self has a Legend Lime new gen GT-500...and it's '1 of 1'. Sounds rare and desirable to me...

So...in the new 'New Shelby' math 500<14.

Even if the 14 is spread out over two model years.

Interesting...

I own neither a GT-H nor a Shelby Europa (Mustang), so I have no stake in this other than the unearthing of correct facts over incorrect fact.

I certainly would be interested in hearing Amys take on this.

And for those who are looking for low production numbers to consider;

4 The number of 1966 GT-350 conv. built.

1 The number of 1967 EXP-500 conv. built. (Labeled as EXP-500 and and not GT-500)

1 The number of 1967 EXP-500 coupes built. (Known as Lil' Red, it was crushed)

1 The number of 1968 EXP-500 coupes built. (Known as the Green Hornet. Parially owned by Craig Jackson of Barett Jackson fame)

No question that the GT-H (either year) is very desirable and a car of uniqueness, but the early cars had some unique variants that are often overlooked in the quest for a modern day equivelant. I heard that Ole Shel his own self has a Legend Lime new gen GT-500...and it's '1 of 1'. Sounds rare and desirable to me...

i do recall seeing a legend lime gt 500 in a video on u-tube. it was in the background. this was a while back, and i do believe the video i was watching was being taped in vegas at shelby autos. i was a little upset because they didn't offer that color in the line up being a legendary color from 67.

I'm not really getting the point of this thread, however, there is some very good information in here. 2006 maybe one of the lowest Shelby production years of Mustangs, but I'm not fully confinced that it is the lowest. Were there not 25 West Coast Customs Shelby Mustangs also done in 2006 by SAI, or at least blessed as such? Hopefully the registry will have all this info when completed. Does this really matter? There are many examples of much more rare Shelby Mustangs then the GT-H. I'm not sure where production year means much here. Oh well.

Making a statement like "I have the lowest production shelby ever made and you don't" is just silly and argumentative. Just enjoy it for what it is. A very rare and unique, wonderful Shelby Mustang which repeated history.

As for even more rare modern GT-H models, I think that the 4 2006 cars with manual transmissions and the 17 2007 manual transmission cars have that title.

i do recall seeing a legend lime gt 500 in a video on u-tube. it was in the background. this was a while back, and i do believe the video i was watching was being taped in vegas at shelby autos. i was a little upset because they didn't offer that color in the line up being a legendary color from 67.

A friend of mine visited Flat Rock and met up with an employee when he got his first GT500 'Vert. (he has two) He was shown a spot up there where (and I may be a little off on this part) where Shelby was presented with his one of a kind Legend Lime GT500 as well as a photo of said event. Considering how many '67 Shelbys were made this color (or at least the '67 equivalent) you'd have thought it would have found its way onto the color pallette for at least the first year...and then...Black Jade...yeeccchhh! (Just kidding B.J. owners! )

A friend of mine visited Flat Rock and met up with an employee when he got his first GT500 'Vert. (he has two) He was shown a spot up there where (and I may be a little off on this part) where Shelby was presented with his one of a kind Legend Lime GT500 as well as a photo of said event. Considering how many '67 Shelbys were made this color (or at least the '67 equivalent) you'd have thought it would have found its way onto the color pallette for at least the first year...and then...Black Jade...yeeccchhh! (Just kidding B.J. owners! )

Well, if the 2006 GT-H is the rarest, then this one is the rarest of the rare. It is the very special Napa Valley California Special Edition. Best driven cold, it goes great with fish as well as chicken. And there is only one of them and I have it. So there!

LZ.jpg

LZ.jpg

Archived