TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz licensee presentation on 7/25/2006

Fred G

Hello All,

I finaly received some pix from the Hertz licensee who I bought my GT-H from. For general info, a purchase program was made availabe to certain Hertz licensees through a lottery system of sorts, and 30 cars were sold through the program at a special price.....mine was $33,168.36. The stipulation was if you were lucky enough to buy one, you could not rent it or sell it before two years. Anyway, I was lucky enough to purchase # 483 from a Hertz licensee in West Viginia and attached a few pix of the presentation program at SA in Vegas. The event took place on 7/25/2006 and the pix were taken on that day.....Hope the upload worked.

Fred

post-4578-1215695142.jpg

post-4578-1215695142.jpg

Very cool. Nice to have this info. Do you know the other 29 car #s that were part of this promotion?

Harald,

I have the bill of sale and several letters between Hertz Corp and the franchise licensee as part of the overall documentation of the car through the licensee lottery purchase program and all reference to the car itself is by VIN and not car number. I would think Hertz Corp has all this stuff documented somewhere, though. I'll make a few calls during the day and see what I can come up with.

Fred

• 3 weeks later...
Harald,

I have the bill of sale and several letters between Hertz Corp and the franchise licensee as part of the overall documentation of the car through the licensee lottery purchase program and all reference to the car itself is by VIN and not car number. I would think Hertz Corp has all this stuff documented somewhere, though. I'll make a few calls during the day and see what I can come up with.

Fred

Hi Fred,

I was wondering if you had any success in finding out from Hertz what VIN #'s were in this group of 30 cars.

Thanks,

350steps

Hi Fred,

I was wondering if you had any success in finding out from Hertz what VIN #'s were in this group of 30 cars.

Thanks,

350steps

My bad...sort of. Going a bit nuts at work and didn't make the time to follow up, however, I just called Kevin Kearns who is the controller of Hertz Car Sales located in their Park Ridge, NJ office. Although he was out of the office, his assistant informed me that he would definately have this information and would call me back. Now, whether or not he will provide VIN's is another story, for whatever his reasons are, however I'll do my best to get what I can. I'm sure he may feel there are some privacy issues here, however if I pitch things from a VIN or Car # perspective only, maybe I'll get lucky.....more to follow..

Fred

My bad...sort of. Going a bit nuts at work and didn't make the time to follow up, however, I just called Kevin Kearns who is the controller of Hertz Car Sales located in their Park Ridge, NJ office. Although he was out of the office, his assistant informed me that he would definately have this information and would call me back. Now, whether or not he will provide VIN's is another story, for whatever his reasons are, however I'll do my best to get what I can. I'm sure he may feel there are some privacy issues here, however if I pitch things from a VIN or Car # perspective only, maybe I'll get lucky.....more to follow..

Fred

Hey 350steps,

Bad news on getting any info from Hertz Corp. directly. Mr. Kearns did call me back to discuss this and stated that he did not believe there was an actual log of these vehicles sold under the licensee program. He also stated that even if they could be identified (and I'm sure one war or another they could) Hertz Corporate privacy policy would prohibit releasing this information.

Now, that being said, since the presentation took place at SAI, the powers that be there had to coordinate the event, which would obviously include pulling the vehicles, VIN by VIN for each respective licensee, so..... Amy, if you're reading this, anytime you might want to chime in (lol).

Fred

Hey 350steps,

Bad news on getting any info from Hertz Corp. directly. Mr. Kearns did call me back to discuss this and stated that he did not believe there was an actual log of these vehicles sold under the licensee program. He also stated that even if they could be identified (and I'm sure one war or another they could) Hertz Corporate privacy policy would prohibit releasing this information.

Now, that being said, since the presentation took place at SAI, the powers that be there had to coordinate the event, which would obviously include pulling the vehicles, VIN by VIN for each respective licensee, so..... Amy, if you're reading this, anytime you might want to chime in (lol).

Fred

Fred,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I believe someone at SAI must have the list. I can appreciate if there is reluctance in publishing VIN numbers but maybe someone has the CSM # list or someone we can submit our CSM# to who in turn can confirm that the car is one of the 30 vehicles....

Many Thanks,

350steps

Fred,

Thanks for the response. Yes, I believe someone at SAI must have the list. I can appreciate if there is reluctance in publishing VIN numbers but maybe someone has the CSM # list or someone we can submit our CSM# to who in turn can confirm that the car is one of the 30 vehicles....

Many Thanks,

350steps

350steps,

I agree, I'm sure someone at SAI has the numbers. One thing I can say is that none of these cars would have been sold at Ford auction as they were privately owned and titled to the Hertz licensee as the documentation would verify.

Fred

Archived