TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Snake

gringojoe

I have a question about our SGT's. I love my Shelby and I love tattoos, so I was thinking of what I can get for my next tattoo. I have some for my harley but none for my shelby. Then it hit me....the snake. But, then I thought is our SGT's considered a "cobra"?

Thanks,

Gringo

Carroll Shelby supposedly said something like (couldn't find a source when I googled) "There's a little Cobra in every car I build"

The Tiffany Cobra was used on Shelby GT 350s, GT 500s, Torinos, Fairlanes, Cobra IIs and on current SVT Cobra/GT 500s.

The Berg/SGT/Shelby Snake was originally used on the 69/70 GT 350s and GT 500s (horn button and on doors).

These emblems are Shelby emblems (Shelby/Ford emblems to be precise). http://www.shelbylicensing.com/brands.htm

My thoughts are that if you use the Berg/SGT version, I doubt anyone will give you any grief. In order to get one of these you've got to prove you own an SGT. Just take them to the rear of your car (assuming you have the new emblem on there) for a comparison :)

You know I've often wondered why CS went with a "Cobra". You would think being from TX he would have chose a Rattler, Cottonmouth or Copperhead.

Now that would be cool - a Shelby Cottonmouth and the emblem would be a Cottonmouth (black snake with a whitish mouth) with it's mouth open to strike, teeth extended with a little drop of venom on one of the fangs.

snakecottonmouth.jpg

Of course being a chicken farmer in his early years I guess we had better be glad he didn't go with a chicken snake. :hysterical:

Don't forget the "POWERED BY FORD" emblem too.

I'm thinking a coiled cobra starting at the waste and wrapping around your body with the big cowled head in the upper middle of your back and its face on your chest. What do you think?

HAHAHA...excellent.. although I think my girlfriend would kill me. not to mention the $$$$$ it would cost to do that. I would rather save up for the SC. ;)

HAHAHA...excellent.. although I think my girlfriend would kill me. not to mention the $$$$$ it would cost to do that. I would rather save up for the SC. ;)

I've thought of flying out to LA and having Kat do something for me but I can never come up with an idea that I think will pass the test of time :)

I've thought of flying out to LA and having Kat do something for me but I can never come up with an idea that I think will pass the test of time :)

yep, I try and really make mine personal. That way I don't regret it in 5 years. I'll always have a Harley, and now I'll always have my Shelby.

I am sleeved up and I never regret my tatts. All of my tatts are Japanese Traditional because I just love the art. I am not Japanese and they don't mean anything personal to me in the sense of having a spiritual meaning. What I am trying to say is the tattoo is for you and not for anyone else so if you want it get. Just my 2 cents.

I always thought of getting Kat to tatt a 6 pack on my abs. So no matter how big my belly got. I would still look great and then I could run around with my shirt off and kicking people in to the pit of death yelling, " This is Sparta!!" :rant2:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Archived