TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear tires

Steve.k

I've been out of the loop for awhile but was wondering if any one one here has tried the Nitto race tires?we have a 100 Ft. shootout in town this weekend soI heard the Nitto street radials hook better than the stock Eagles, has anyone tried these before?

Thanks Steve

My car is stock except for JLT cold air intake and Evolution tune. :shift:

I've been out of the loop for awhile but was wondering if any one one here has tried the Nitto race tires?we have a 100 Ft. shootout in town this weekend soI heard the Nitto street radials hook better than the stock Eagles, has anyone tried these before?

Thanks Steve

My car is stock except for JLT cold air intake and Evolution tune. :shift:

Steve,

What size tires did you buy, and how did they fit the stock rims? I'm sure they will help your et's

Mike

Steve,

What size tires did you buy, and how did they fit the stock rims? I'm sure they will help your et's

Mike

Mike the tires I had orderd were the same as stock.I did a little research today and found out that the guy who orderd the tires orderd the regular 555 nitto tires not the 555r tires which are way softer.He informed me You have to go by a tires tread wear number which ranges from about 100(slick type tires) to 800 being a very hard truck type tire.So when you check the tread numbers on the stock eagles they are 220 the Nitto 555 is 300 and the 555r is 100 so the ones he orderd me are harder than stock so will not probably hook as good I'm waiting now till the 555r's come in. The size for these will be 305 35zr18.

Confusing hey Steve :drool:

Mike the tires I had orderd were the same as stock.I did a little research today and found out that the guy who orderd the tires orderd the regular 555 nitto tires not the 555r tires which are way softer.He informed me You have to go by a tires tread wear number which ranges from about 100(slick type tires) to 800 being a very hard truck type tire.So when you check the tread numbers on the stock eagles they are 220 the Nitto 555 is 300 and the 555r is 100 so the ones he orderd me are harder than stock so will not probably hook as good I'm waiting now till the 555r's come in. The size for these will be 305 35zr18.

Confusing hey Steve :drool:

How does this 100 foot shootout work? The R tires sound like what you need.

Mike

How does this 100 foot shootout work? The R tires sound like what you need.

Mike

The 100ft. shootouts have been going on in this area for sometime but were one car at a time.The town where I live (Rimbey,Alberta) started the first side by side shootout and its been catching on in quite a few more towns in the area.It is just like drag racing at the track with complete timing lights and tree only you only go 100ft instead of 1320.The unique part is it is located on mainstreet of the town so you get to burn up your town for one day with out getting thrown in jail!In fact the local RCMP went head to head with one of the competitors for giggles.We even get a couple Funny cars(alcohol) to make runs just as crowd pleasers,which is a good show for people who have never been to a real race track.The town is very excited about this day with Funny cars driving uptown to local restaurant and parking out front for breakfast the funny car owner could not beleive the hospitality of the town and the co-operation of the police.It is a excellant time and i have run my Shelby last year and I'll run again this weekend as my Drag car is still in the paint shop(73 cougar with 552 hp 408 cleveland)If your ever up in the Great white north I encourage you to check it out.

Steve :shift:

555r, BF Goodrich Drag Radials, and Mickey Thomson drag radials all will hook better than the stock tires and the Nitto 555 with better 60' times, but the comparison of the stock tires and the 555 I am not familiar with.

Archived