TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCOOP AND STRIPES

Don't mean to stir up cra* , but i haven't been in here for awhile and was wondering how the fixes are coming or if they are even done ? I looked around and seen many topics started up on this and read and read (endless) trying to find out if the fix was complete or not ? Once again I'm not trying to start sh** up its just i have been waiting being quite for along time now and would like to have my scoop fixed and my stripes are real bad especially on the roof . the rest of my stripes look OK and might be because I'm looking at it all the time driving down the road but it seems that the warped and rising of the scoop is actually getting worse ??? I'm not asking for any special letters , recall , or attorneys I'm just asking to be updated ,THNX Amy !!!!

Don't mean to stir up cra* , but i haven't been in here for awhile and was wondering how the fixes are coming or if they are even done ? I looked around and seen many topics started up on this and read and read (endless) trying to find out if the fix was complete or not ? Once again I'm not trying to start sh** up its just i have been waiting being quite for along time now and would like to have my scoop fixed and my stripes are real bad especially on the roof . the rest of my stripes look OK and might be because I'm looking at it all the time driving down the road but it seems that the warped and rising of the scoop is actually getting worse ??? I'm not asking for any special letters , recall , or attorneys I'm just asking to be updated ,THNX Amy !!!!

Why are you waiting for your stripes to be fixed. Go down to your dealer, give them your car info and they will order you new stripes and install them. I had mine done within 2 weeks after I bought my car no problem. They are new and shiney and all that. There is no wait for a fix on them. Many people have had them replaced. No waiting. The scope is a different issue.

Your stripes have nothing to with the scoop I would get that filed as a claim and get it in to be done. The scoop is still in testing.

Your stripes have nothing to with the scoop I would get that filed as a claim and get it in to be done. The scoop is still in testing.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the new fix for the scoop includes new stripes. If you have a riveted scoop, it will have a different "cut" is what I heard and maybe different material. Maybe that means the stripes don't go under the scoop and are cut around it to avoid the "wrinkle" problem. This fix may also include a different scoop for those that do NOT have the riveted version. They may be trying to make the old fastening design work again. This is all my conjecture from my reading the several posts on the subject. SAI did not explictly say any of the above!

I'm going out on a limb here, but I think the new fix for the scoop includes new stripes. If you have a riveted scoop, it will have a different "cut" is what I heard and maybe different material. Maybe that means the stripes don't go under the scoop and are cut around it to avoid the "wrinkle" problem. This fix may also include a different scoop for those that do NOT have the riveted version. They may be trying to make the old fastening design work again. This is all my conjecture from my reading the several posts on the subject. SAI did not explictly say any of the above!

Nope.

I have the riveted scoop.

Same scoop with an insert and the stripes go under the scoop which causes wrinkling from the expansion and contraction of the poly scoop on the aluminum "shoveling" the striping material. The scoop install looks fantastic though and the wrinkling is not enough to cause me to do any more warranty work until either a final repair from SAI is released or I completely change out my hood for a true heat extractor - whichever comes first.

Not busting on you. I know you put in a disclaimer..... :hysterical:

Nope.

I have the riveted scoop.

Same scoop with an insert and the stripes go under the scoop which causes wrinkling from the expansion and contraction of the poly scoop on the aluminum "shoveling" the striping material. The scoop install looks fantastic though and the wrinkling is not enough to cause me to do any more warranty work until either a final repair from SAI is released or I completely change out my hood for a true heat extractor - whichever comes first.

Not busting on you. I know you put in a disclaimer..... :hysterical:

No, not that fix. The new fix that is not released yet. I also have the riveted scoop, but it also has the "dip" along with stripe wrinkles.

The new fix is supposed to be addressing these issues.

The issue here is the stripes. If he has first generation non riveted scoop there is no reason not to fix the stripes. Placing the old scoop back on the car after the stripes are replaced should not be a problem as this older scoop does not push or wrinkle the stripes anyway.

He also talked about the roof stripes as an issue, and you do not get hood stripes unless there are issues with them, they will only send the roof stripes.

So what i gotta read 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 posts that have been written on the scoop just to find out , u would think they would atleast respond with the actual link i f they didnt want to say it again ! Dont know what the problem is with saying it again anyways not like we got an answer the first time either !!!!!!

So what i gotta read 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 posts that have been written on the scoop just to find out , u would think they would atleast respond with the actual link i f they didnt want to say it again ! Dont know what the problem is with saying it again anyways not like we got an answer the first time either !!!!!!

The "final" scoop solution is still in testing and the last I heard there were several solutions being tested. I hope one solution involves an option for functionality of the hood scoop to release some of the intense heat.

If your stripe issues are unrelated to the scoop issue, then like the other members have stated, you can get them fixed now.

If however your stripes are wrinkled around the scoop because of the scoop expanding when it gets hot and wrinkling the stripes, you will need to wait for the final hood scoop fix as the stripe problem may reoccur.

I hope I just saved you some reading. :)

The "final" scoop solution is still in testing and the last I heard there were several solutions being tested. I hope one solution involves an option for functionality of the hood scoop to release some of the intense heat.

If your stripe issues are unrelated to the scoop issue, then like the other members have stated, you can get them fixed now.

If however your stripes are wrinkled around the scoop because of the scoop expanding when it gets hot and wrinkling the stripes, you will need to wait for the final hood scoop fix as the stripe problem may reoccur.

I hope I just saved you some reading. :)

Yep thnx alot for the update , just thought someone from SAI would have responded by now ! also my stripes i know dont have anything to do with the scoop , especially sence my stripes that are messed up are the ones on my roof they have little spots that seem to be getting darker and darker obviousely some people dont read the post cause i mentioned that in the origanal post of it being on the roof , i think alot of people just wanted to be the super hero and have the answer to go to ford !!!! the stipes on the rest of my Shelby are perfect ! just need to get it in to ford for re striping and i guess still wait for the scoop fix !!!!!!!!! THNX !!!!!!!

So you're thinking is that rather than run a company Amy's "gotta read 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 posts that have been written just to find out" if anyone else has ONCE AGAIN asked about the scoop?

There are threads on this topic, which you can subscribe to, you can use the forum search function for the word "scoop", and you can quickly list just Amy's posts and scroll through them.

Yep thnx alot for the update , just thought someone from SAI would have responded by now ! also my stripes i know dont have anything to do with the scoop , especially sence my stripes that are messed up are the ones on my roof they have little spots that seem to be getting darker and darker obviousely some people dont read the post cause i mentioned that in the origanal post of it being on the roof , i think alot of people just wanted to be the super hero and have the answer to go to ford !!!! the stipes on the rest of my Shelby are perfect ! just need to get it in to ford for re striping and i guess still wait for the scoop fix !!!!!!!!! THNX !!!!!!!

So when you don't get the answer YOU want you call people out as just wanting to be a "super hero"? You asked about the stripes on your roof the answer, like it or not, IS "GO TO FORD" now and file a claim.

As I said, it would also help if, before you asked, you did a little research on your own, using the tools I listed, rather than expect the rest of us to do it for you, especially since now we know that if we don't give the answer YOU want than you're going to post stuff like above.

So when you don't get the answer YOU want you call people out as just wanting to be a "super hero"? You asked about the stripes on your roof the answer, like it or not, IS "GO TO FORD" now and file a claim.

As I said, it would also help if, before you asked, you did a little research on your own, using the tools I listed, rather than expect the rest of us to do it for you, especially since now we know that if we don't give the answer YOU want than you're going to post stuff like above.

Okay super hero READ the post in full before you respond !!! ( and your a moderator? :hysterical: ) Like i said , i had read and just wanted to know if there was any updates , and i already stated in the origanal post that my stripes are messed up on the ROOF , i already know it has to go to ford to get fixed ! these forums i believe are for people to post and share info not get hammered by a so called moderator that dont even read the post first before responding to get a cookie !!!! :finger:

Okay super hero READ the post in full before you respond !!! ( and your a moderator? :hysterical: ) Like i said , i had read and just wanted to know if there was any updates , and i already stated in the origanal post that my stripes are messed up on the ROOF , i already know it has to go to ford to get fixed ! these forums i believe are for people to post and share info not get hammered by a so called moderator that dont even read the post first before responding to get a cookie !!!! :finger:

Hammered? You need to go back and read your post again where you ask for a final solution to two issues and DO NOT make any mention that you "know it has to go to Ford".

BTW, drop the attitude.

I found these by looking for "Amy" and "Scoop":

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry468374

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry468100

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry459363

If you're a Team Shelby Member:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry436530

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...mp;#entry402756

BTW: I did answer your question the day after you asked with the same info you were given days later.

Would that be the one removed from the forum..........?

You mean the one that was lost in the old/new forum transition upload/import? The one I had saved and reposted for all and is still available? I would think if there was something nefarious going on, which I suppose you're implying, I wouldn't have, or been allowed to, repost it, right?

Or you mean one of the ones above all of which are still available?

ZDS Which post are you referring to?

So you're thinking is that rather than run a company Amy's "gotta read 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,001 posts that have been written just to find out" if anyone else has ONCE AGAIN asked about the scoop?

There are threads on this topic, which you can subscribe to, you can use the forum search function for the word "scoop", and you can quickly list just Amy's posts and scroll through them.

Jeff as usual you could have just typed the correct answer instead....Be the Budda dude.

Jeff as usual you could have just typed the correct answer instead....Be the Budda dude.

Go back and read the posts, I did give him the answer the day after he asked, however that wasn't good enough he wanted Amy herself to answer.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=472634

You mean the one that was lost in the old/new forum transition upload/import? The one I had saved and reposted for all and is still available? I would think if there was something nefarious going on, which I suppose you're implying, I wouldn't have, or been allowed to, repost it, right?

Or you mean one of the ones above all of which are still available?

ZDS Which post are you referring to?

Justing saying , somone wanted more info , and couldn't find it , and being it's the hottest most contoversial topic , I find it unusual that it , and most other threads were deleted? .................frankly it's the most interesting topic on this sight , because I have found that better parts , and more infomative information is found on Steeda, Brensport , Ford Racing , Hillbank/Superformance etc. And here I am a year and a half of the eye-sore on my hood , and ? .........................Hey I'll be the first to say thankyou , and congradulate SAI if the put out a fix , but I still say they owe the customers a Written on SAI letter head explanation of this problem , it is the accepted corporate ethical thing to do ,

Justing saying , somone wanted more info , and couldn't find it , and being it's the hottest most contoversial topic , I find it unusual that it , and most other threads were deleted? .................frankly it's the most interesting topic on this sight , because I have found that better parts , and more infomative information is found on Steeda, Brensport , Ford Racing , Hillbank/Superformance etc. And here I am a year and a half of the eye-sore on my hood , and ? .........................Hey I'll be the first to say thankyou , and congradulate SAI if the put out a fix , but I still say they owe the customers a Written on SAI letter head explanation of this problem , it is the accepted corporate ethical thing to do ,

Zdle, are you saying all the old threads dealing with the hood scoop issue have been delted or didnt coe over in the switch over?

I believe information on this topic is easily found with a single search. I am not aware of a single hood scoop thread that was deleted, nor a single message from any of those threads, other than a few that were lost all over the forums in general which included one from Amy in a hood scoop thread, which as I said was reposted. Even the old threads are here as far as I know.

You claim "more infomative information is found on Steeda, Brensport , Ford Racing , Hillbank/Superformance etc". Can you please post links to those threads here because I have no idea what more could be known and as someone waiting for the new scoop I'd like to know.

And yes we know your thoughts on the letter and we have an answer from Amy on that.

Sorry Jeff, I did not see your answer buried in all the words.

Amy has stated that they are working on it...no worries you guys. You got 3 years on warranty if you are not accepting enough on what has been posted on the site. Trust it will be done.

Now then I am going to drive my car now! Cheers!

Sorry Jeff, I did not see your answer buried in all the words.

Amy has stated that they are working on it...no worries you guys. You got 3 years on warranty if you are not accepting enough on what has been posted on the site. Trust it will be done.

Now then I am going to drive my car now! Cheers!

Enjoy! :shift:

Go back and read the posts, I did give him the answer the day after he asked, however that wasn't good enough he wanted Amy herself to answer.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=472634

yeah ok after you edited it !!! then you got somewhat of an answer , but as i recall your name is not AMY or is it ????? By the way u going to the next get together ? " I would Love to SEE U there !!! "

Frankie,

Your roof stripe issue is somewhat common. I had one replaced on my trunk. They will take a picture and submit to Ford Racing under warranty. On approval they will ship the replacement piece/pieces. Some have had issues with the stripe replacement at dealers. There are good and bad as in everything. Some dealers have opted to sub out the stripes to specialist.

On the scoop there have been many issues from mounting methods to materials and inserts under the scoops. None seem to be the final fix. It shows that while the problem still exists they are moving to get them corrected.

In one post Amy stated that just finding another scoop is not as simple as some would think. Everything needs to run through Ford for testing and safety. Shelby is not a manufacturer and due to that they cannot just come up with their in-house fix and begin replacement. That again would need to be run by Ford and they would need to complete their testing. The main issue is extreme temp. swings from what I read. With the change in temp it provides movement which in turn moves the stripes depending on the method of scoop attachment. I would assume that finding the fix would be a material with minimal expansion flex and a method of mounting that does not affect the stripe. Again, vinyl in the sun would become flexible, I would think, and prone to movement if something was attached on top of it that also moved.

From the readings of the threads Amy stated that they are in the extreme cold/heat phase of a new scoop and she did not want to post until she can definitely claim the final fix is in.

I hope this helps. I may have left much out but consider this the abridged edition.

Roger

Oh, good to see you back posting. :)

Archived