TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR'S DELIVERED SO FAR

HI all this is #53 here My name is Jon Karmann my wifes name is Shelly and my sons name is Corey-mustangs that we have- 68 s-code fastback black, 88 Gt T-top white, 98 GT convert silver, 08 GT500kr silver/blue and also a 70 mach1 we live in Cedar Rapids, Nebraska, WoodHouse Ford in Blair NE is my dealer, they told me my car #53 was the first car sold and delivered in the us??? my car is silver/blue stripes there is a special story that goes with this car, my wife has terminal apendix cancer, PMP or jelly belly and we don`t know how much time we have left together so i got a wild idea to buy this car (this was in late may and car was already ordered by dealer but car wasn`t spoken for ) and make it a tribute car to her for all that she has done for me and our family!!!! our wedding colors were silver/blue her cars over the years have been silver/blue 88 broncoII 91 explorer sil/blue 98 gt convert silver which i bought for her on valentines day 2 years ago and now this silver/blue 08 gt500kr this car was due for delivery in late JULY!! because of my wifes health condition my salesman Matt Meyer and his sales team contacted Shelby Auto in Vegas and corporate Ford and they speeded up delivery of this car, they put this car to the top of the list at Shelby Auto for build status and it was delivered to WoodHouse Ford on June 13 friday late pm. we picked the car up on sat the 14 at 2pm, we all got in my 68 fastback and drove the 100 miles to go get her WoodHouse took alot of digital photos (300 plus) of the car being unloaded and of us on saturday with the 68 and the 08 nose to nose, there has been a newspaper article printed on this also (blair news and in the cedar rapids press (NE) if you haven`t noticed we have a theme of "8s" going 68 88 98 08, now if we could just find a real "nice" 78 cobra or King Cobra we would have the whole series I just wanted to share this with all of you because this is a special car with special memories for us We now have over 1500 miles on the car going to show and shines and shows!! yesterday at ST Paul NE we won first place for 2000 to present cars ( all brands)

#53 first off welcome to Team Shelby. You will soon have an extended family here to help you thru your current challenge. We all hope for the best.

That's a neat story about your KR and I'm so happy to hear that Ford and SAI were able to fast track your car. I know its little things like this that can bring a smile to you and your family.

And since you have pics how about posting a few when you have the time. Everybody loves pics and we all would love to see your special car.

Steve

#53 first off welcome to Team Shelby. You will soon have an extended family here to help you thru your current challenge. We all hope for the best.

That's a neat story about your KR and I'm so happy to hear that Ford and SAI were able to fast track your car. I know its little things like this that can bring a smile to you and your family.

And since you have pics how about posting a few when you have the time. Everybody loves pics and we all would love to see your special car.

Steve

post-21594-1215982083.jpgpost-21594-1215982964.jpg thanks steve- here are a couple pictures left to right 68 fastback s code 428cj with edelbrock heads, ported- flowed, solid roller cam, origonal paint, 4speed, deluxe interior PDB PWR steering, upper and lower consoles, 2nd owner; there is a 08 bullet behind the 68 and a few other mustangs also, WoodHouse Ford is the largest Dealer in the state of Nebraska usually they sell mostly trucks but in this economy they are selling alot of small economy cars now, family picture- salesman Matt Meyers, Corey K, Shelly K, Jon Karmann again thanks steve post-21594-1215984779.jpgpost-21594-1215984879.jpg

post-21594-1215982083.jpg

post-21594-1215982964.jpg

post-21594-1215984779.jpg

post-21594-1215984879.jpg

hello everyone, can someone answer a question reguarding the kr's delivered so far. i know #9 is in socal and #53 is in nebraska. where are #10 thru #52? are they not rolling them out in order???

tommy :banghead:

Ford Performance yesterday said less than 50??? had been delivered :censored:

HI all this is #53 here My name is Jon Karmann my wifes name is Shelly and my sons name is Corey-mustangs that we have- 68 s-code fastback black, 88 Gt T-top white, 98 GT convert silver, 08 GT500kr silver/blue and also a 70 mach1 we live in Cedar Rapids, Nebraska, WoodHouse Ford in Blair NE is my dealer, they told me my car #53 was the first car sold and delivered in the us??? my car is silver/blue stripes there is a special story that goes with this car, my wife has terminal apendix cancer, PMP or jelly belly and we don`t know how much time we have left together so i got a wild idea to buy this car (this was in late may and car was already ordered by dealer but car wasn`t spoken for ) and make it a tribute car to her for all that she has done for me and our family!!!! our wedding colors were silver/blue her cars over the years have been silver/blue 88 broncoII 91 explorer sil/blue 98 gt convert silver which i bought for her on valentines day 2 years ago and now this silver/blue 08 gt500kr this car was due for delivery in late JULY!! because of my wifes health condition my salesman Matt Meyer and his sales team contacted Shelby Auto in Vegas and corporate Ford and they speeded up delivery of this car, they put this car to the top of the list at Shelby Auto for build status and it was delivered to WoodHouse Ford on June 13 friday late pm. we picked the car up on sat the 14 at 2pm, we all got in my 68 fastback and drove the 100 miles to go get her WoodHouse took alot of digital photos (300 plus) of the car being unloaded and of us on saturday with the 68 and the 08 nose to nose, there has been a newspaper article printed on this also (blair news and in the cedar rapids press (NE) if you haven`t noticed we have a theme of "8s" going 68 88 98 08, now if we could just find a real "nice" 78 cobra or King Cobra we would have the whole series I just wanted to share this with all of you because this is a special car with special memories for us We now have over 1500 miles on the car going to show and shines and shows!! yesterday at ST Paul NE we won first place for 2000 to present cars ( all brands)

Wow, I am touched. God bless you and your family as you go through this. Your attitude is heartwarming.

I will remember you all in my prayers.

Michael

Ford Performance yesterday said less than 50??? had been delivered :censored:

I was just thinking about this this morning. From memory they were supposed to ramp up to something like 100/week run rate, and for the moment I have only heard of a handful delivered. I think Amy mentioned they were still having some sort of supply issue. Even if they get rolling this week, that means they will still be working on cars into late September - which is *really* late for a 2008 model year car.

I was *so* excited about this car, but I have to admit - my patience is really starting to wear thin...

Chris.

I was just thinking about this this morning. From memory they were supposed to ramp up to something like 100/week run rate, and for the moment I have only heard of a handful delivered. I think Amy mentioned they were still having some sort of supply issue. Even if they get rolling this week, that means they will still be working on cars into late September - which is *really* late for a 2008 model year car.

I was *so* excited about this car, but I have to admit - my patience is really starting to wear thin...

Chris.

Sadly, it's par for the course around here Chris.

Chris.

Patience is a virtue, be patient and let them works out the issues, this is a extremely high profile car and will be the focal point of many crtiics, personally I rather them take their time and produce a high quality finished product instead of simply rushing the production to please the masses.

In my opinion it is worth the wait and waiting for, as this is one amazing car, worthy of the name KING.

Patience is a virtue, be patient and let them works out the issues, this is a extremely high profile car and will be the focal point of many crtiics, personally I rather them take their time and produce a high quality finished product instead of simply rushing the production to please the masses.

In my opinion it is worth the wait and waiting for, as this is one amazing car, worthy of the name KING.

Agree 100%

Looks like SAI gave us a little more HP for the wait... :yahoo:

It's times like this when it's great that people care

Well done to Shelby and your Ford dealer

I think Shelly Shelby sounds a great name for your car !!!!

God Bless

Rob

68_fastback_and_08_kr_small.jpggt500kr_family_pict_sm.jpg thanks steve- here are a couple pictures left to right 68 fastback s code 428cj with edelbrock heads, ported- flowed, solid roller cam, origonal paint, 4speed, deluxe interior PDB PWR steering, upper and lower consoles, 2nd owner; there is a 08 bullet behind the 68 and a few other mustangs also, WoodHouse Ford is the largest Dealer in the state of Nebraska usually they sell mostly trucks but in this economy they are selling alot of small economy cars now, family picture- salesman Matt Meyers, Corey K, Shelly K, Jon Karmann again thanks steve 68_fast_08kr.jpgdocuments_kr.jpg

Those are some great photos. Congratulations on your car.

Sharon

thanks sharon ! i wrote amy some questions about our car, is this the first car sold to the public ?my salesman said it is but im looking for documentation if it is thanks!!!! Jon Karmann

My customer took delivery of his on 6/12/08. I was told by Jim Owens from Shelby that his was the first one delivered.

Archived