TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HTT... Please make the stripes an option

mrsuds

I may be in the minority on this but I have been playing around with pictures on the convertible and I am actually liking the final product. I think that the car without the racing stripes is a little too subdued for my taste, other people may prefer to delete the stripes. Please make it an option to have the factory install the stripes on the convertible.

Thanks...

I may be in the minority on this but I have been playing around with pictures on the convertible and I am actually liking the final product. I think that the car without the racing stripes is a little too subdued for my taste, other people may prefer to delete the stripes. Please make it an option to have the factory install the stripes on the convertible.

Thanks...

If Ford doesn't come thru for you maybe you can order the stripe kit from Ford . that way you will at least have factory stripes even if you have to do it yourself. Good luck with your request though. :unsure:

If Ford doesn't come thru for you maybe you can order the stripe kit from Ford . that way you will at least have factory stripes even if you have to do it yourself. Good luck with your request though. :unsure:

That is always an option, but for the price I would like to get in and go.. If you know what I mean..

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks...

I second that. I think the Le Mans stripes would look good on the convertable. If not part of the "standard" car, at least make it a factory option.

I agree. I'm not getting a vert because I just prefer the hardtop in the new body style, but the vert would be much more appealing with stripes. If I bought a vert I would probably paint the stripes on myself, but for 44k you should be able to get the factory vinyl and get in and go.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you not decided on a colour yet Crispy???

KingCobra.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with Tungsten....I like the subtle color shift in oblique light. I believe Alloy is too plain (but I have to see it in person, or at least a good photo). I have 2 satin silver vehicles now. The only other choice (I think, for now :rolleyes: )for me would be white w/blue stripes.

And you???

I'm just curious to know if anybody has tried laying down vinyl stripes on a car? I'm 99.999999% sure that its a vert for me but I want stripes. Black stripes would be my choice but they are not an available color yet. I could paint them on but after spending that kind of coin on a car, I;d have a really hard getting it pass my personal money manager (aka wife).

I'm pretty sure I'm going with Tungsten....I like the subtle color shift in oblique light. I believe Alloy is too plain (but I have to see it in person, or at least a good photo). I have 2 satin silver vehicles now. The only other choice (I think, for now :rolleyes: )for me would be white w/blue stripes.

And you???

I'm going for Torch Red with White stripes, two-tone interior with the interior upgrade package.

KingCobra. B)

Thanks crispy!!!

She's gonna be a hot one for sure!!!!!!!

Dead sexy!!!!!

KingCobra.

KC, are you keeping your car indoors. You do not want a pink Shelby after a couple of years. Red for sure is looking fast and great but after the years :wacko:

Most higher end products like waxes have UV protectors in them. I have found they work well for preventing pre-mature fading.

KingCobra.

You are correct. I had a red T/A (my only non-Ford product), and it spent some time outside. I kept it waxed, and after 9 years, it still looked lipstick red. Just keep 'er waxed regularly!!!

You are correct. I had a red T/A (my only non-Ford product), and it spent some time outside. I kept it waxed, and after 9 years, it still looked lipstick red. Just keep 'er waxed regularly!!!

My bright red (pink) 91 GT in my sig is sold. I did not have the time to meguiar 4 cars.

• 4 months later...

I'm just curious to know if anybody has tried laying down vinyl stripes on a car? I'm 99.999999% sure that its a vert for me but I want stripes. Black stripes would be my choice but they are not an available color yet. I could paint them on but after spending that kind of coin on a car, I;d have a really hard getting it pass my personal money manager (aka wife).

The coupe tape stripes won't fit the convertible decklid. The convertible will get the big stripes as an option in 2008.

The factory tape stripes are not so good (gaps at all the ends--particularly around the CHMSL and license plate; paint orange peel shows through). The Ford guys expect more than half of the buyers to delete them and have them properly painted on.

Archived