TEAM SHELBY FORUM

damaged mustangs and 3 GT500's

66GT HIPO

been tracking my shelby for sometime now and it got delivered to kansas city missouri by rail on the 7th then was going by truck to my town but this morning i got a call from my dealer and one rail car that had 18 mustangs and 3 shelby 500's (and of course one was mine) all got heavy damage from failure to secure them down properly and they all bounced around and into one another so now i have to wait again for no telling how long to get another car here. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU !!!I'LL BE YOUR WING MAN IN MY HUEY COBRA SO WE CAN TAKE OUT THE GUY WHO DAMAGED MY SHELBY. THE STORY I GOT TODAY FROM THE SHIPPER IS THE TIE DOWN STRAPS WERE NOT PROPERLY TIGHTEND AND ALLOWED THE CARS TO BOUNCE AROUND. MY CAR HAD ONE TIE RING TORN FROM THE FRAME AND A SCUFFED ROCKER PANEL AND A TEAR IN THE FRONT VALANCE AND ALL I CAN DO IS HURRAY UP AND WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

...word on the kansas city streets is that as soon as the (actually undamaged) shelbies were unloaded, several old guys with thinning hair piled out of a nearby large black SUV with taped over plates, jumped in the cars and roared off. Were heard muttering such things as road trip, more beer, special operations, harriers, and no adm for us! :hysterical:

But now, just because I live there, don't jump to the conclusion that I had anything to do with this "special operations" project. I have complete deniability for this, and have a locked down alibi, was on a road cruise with several guys I know from some internet forum, was nowhere near that location, don't even know what a shelby looks like, ....and that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

....have been out of town for a few days, back in kc tomorrow. Have to take care of a few small projects such as putting my black tape away, and stashing my camo gear. With psds running high, kc is a dangerous route for shelbies to go thru. :doh:

...word on the kansas city streets is that as soon as the (actually undamaged) shelbies were unloaded, several old guys with thinning hair piled out of a nearby large black SUV with taped over plates, jumped in the cars and roared off. Were heard muttering such things as road trip, more beer, special operations, harriers, and no adm for us! :hysterical:

But now, just because I live there, don't jump to the conclusion that I had anything to do with this "special operations" project. I have complete deniability for this, and have a locked down alibi, was on a road cruise with several guys I know from some internet forum, was nowhere near that location, don't even know what a shelby looks like, ....and that's my story and I'm sticking with it.

....have been out of town for a few days, back in kc tomorrow. Have to take care of a few small projects such as putting my black tape away, and stashing my camo gear. With psds running high, kc is a dangerous route for shelbies to go thru. :doh:

Yeah.........I was with him.........we went to help at the old folks home....that it's .....old guy named Ruf gave us a hard time........used the tape on him but were able to sneak up on him in our camo. The home was at least 50 miles from the railroad depot.

Okay - time for a de-briefing.

You men were up on your game when it came to the Hooter's girls on our first meal stop (well...all except for us having to wait for carnut to find his way out of the ladie's room....).

Logistics - all things considered, we did well. (I'm sure the transport carrying Honda S2000's will come up with some sort of excuse for the damaged cars...)

And - we managed to get back to base without any further "local enforcement" issues - like SCGT's "encounter" with the hitchhiker.

Get some sleep, men. Sober up and be ready at 0600 for some cold pizzas and Rolling Rocks. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU !!!I'LL BE YOUR WING MAN IN MY HUEY COBRA SO WE CAN TAKE OUT THE GUY WHO DAMAGED MY SHELBY. THE STORY I GOT TODAY FROM THE SHIPPER IS THE TIE DOWN STRAPS WERE NOT PROPERLY TIGHTEND AND ALLOWED THE CARS TO BOUNCE AROUND. MY CAR HAD ONE TIE RING TORN FROM THE FRAME AND A SCUFFED ROCKER PANEL AND A TEAR IN THE FRONT VALANCE AND ALL I CAN DO IS HURRAY UP AND WAIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Doesn't sound that bad, actually. Maybe the dealer can fix & deliver it anyway. Probably too late at this point.....Either way, that sucks, dude. Sorry.

been tracking my shelby for sometime now and it got delivered to kansas city missouri by rail on the 7th then was going by truck to my town but this morning i got a call from my dealer and one rail car that had 18 mustangs and 3 shelby 500's (and of course one was mine) all got heavy damage from failure to secure them down properly and they all bounced around and into one another so now i have to wait again for no telling how long to get another car here. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If you are still following this thread, where do you live? mid missouri perhaps?

I was just left a voicemail from a dealer I know in mid missouri who said he lost his first shelby recently in a crash, I thought he said in St. Louis tho, maybe another incident. I am trying to get his second shelby, so hopefully this will not put more delay into the process.

If you are still following this thread, where do you live? mid missouri perhaps?

I was just left a voicemail from a dealer I know in mid missouri who said he lost his first shelby recently in a crash, I thought he said in St. Louis tho, maybe another incident. I am trying to get his second shelby, so hopefully this will not put more delay into the process.

I just heard of another GT 500 that my friend just got a vin for so should be about a month from now before it arrives here in KC. I hope this one gets here safe and sound we don't need the bumper car train here ever again.

I just heard of another GT 500 that my friend just got a vin for so should be about a month from now before it arrives here in KC. I hope this one gets here safe and sound we don't need the bumper car train here ever again.

amen to that, plus, every messed up delivery is just that much longer guys like me have to wait while they build the replacement.

John

amen to that, plus, every messed up delivery is just that much longer guys like me have to wait while they build the replacement.

John

Hey John, I here this one is vista blue with tungsten stripes, when it comes in we can go look at it. I wish that rpretzel and you get some good news soon. My PSDS is really building now, I have been checking with my dealer about mine being on the train but as of today still no rail car yet. Take care.

Larry

Archived