TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sudguy4's Alloy GT500

Sudguy4

Hey Everyone,

This new thread is long overdue. My name is John, and I reside in an area close to Birmingham, AL. I have been under continual harrassment from a few Team Shelby members (GRABBER) for not having posted any pics since purchase of the car three months ago. I have actually enjoyed the speculation leading up to this new post, but I finally must concede and show pictures of my GT500 for everyone's calming.

Enjoy! :happy feet:

Shelby5.jpg

Shelby4.jpg

Shelby3.jpg

Shelby.jpg

Shelby2.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice car! :happy feet:

Where at near Birmingham?

I lived in Fultondale / Glendale area for a short time, many years ago!

Currently I live in Trussville, but will be moving closer to my hometown of Oxford, AL later this summer (about an hour from Bham).

Sudman,

I must say that I am impressed with the car. She's a real beaut of a beast for sure. Clean too.

What are the white stickers in the rear windows ?

Welcome to Team Shelby John. :happy feet:

Sudman,

I must say that I am impressed with the car. She's a real beaut of a beast for sure. Clean too.

What are the white stickers in the rear windows ?

Welcome to Team Shelby John. :happy feet:

Those are probably scan stickers to a gated community.

Sudman, that is a sweet looking ride......

John the car looked great Friday night! (my GT500 was parked about 75 ft away in the street scene pic). It was great to meet you as well.

Those are probably scan stickers to a gated community.

Those are the bar code stickers from the factory assembly line. Sudguy4's car is exactly like it came off the showroom floor, only better. You guys would have to see it believe how he details this car.

Just a quick note to any of the Alabama guys that might be reading this. The street scene pic above is from "First Friday" in Gadsden, Al. The first Friday night of each month they block off about an 8 block stretch of the old down town section. (Broad Street) It's a cruise in/car show. Any and all makes welcome. Performance cars, muscle, rods, customs, antiques, live music on the sidewalks, street vendors, most of the shops stay open. It's pretty cool. 5:30-9pm. free of charge. Come join us!

Those are the bar code stickers from the factory assembly line. Sudguy4's car is exactly like it came off the showroom floor, only better. You guys would have to see it believe how he details this car.

I took mine off very carefully in one piece and put them in a sheet protecter and then put them in my SHELBY notebuck / scrapbook.

In this pic, the plastic appears to still be around the steering wheel. Is that true? :headscratch:

Shelby3.jpg

I took mine off very carefully in one piece and put them in a sheet protecter and then put them in my SHELBY notebuck / scrapbook.

In this pic, the plastic appears to still be around the steering wheel. Is that true? :headscratch:

Shelby3.jpg

Yes Grabber,

After three months of ownership, the plastic is still on the steering wheel, the seats, the visors, and the floor boards. Dave C was correct that the stickers on the windows are the barcode scanned stickers. The car also has a "3 1/2" pencil marking on the front top left windshield that I have not washed off yet. These pics were taken Friday afternoon before we headed to the show, so these are VERY recent pics. The car currently has 559 miles showing on the odometer.

I take the plastic off the driver's seat when I drive it so I don't slide around. I actually like the grip of the plastic on the steering wheel. I love people's reation when they see the plastic still on things, so that is why I have kept it there. Once the "newness" of the car wears off some, I will CONSIDER taking the plastic off...... :hysterical:

Yes Grabber,

After three months of ownership, the plastic is still on the steering wheel, the seats, the visors, and the floor boards. Dave C was correct that the stickers on the windows are the barcode scanned stickers. The car also has a "3 1/2" pencil marking on the front top left windshield that I have not washed off yet. These pics were taken Friday afternoon before we headed to the show, so these are VERY recent pics. The car currently has 559 miles showing on the odometer.

I take the plastic off the driver's seat when I drive it so I don't slide around. I actually like the grip of the plastic on the steering wheel. I love people's reation when they see the plastic still on things, so that is why I have kept it there. Once the "newness" of the car wears off some, I will CONSIDER taking the plastic off...... :hysterical:

I thought I was odd...but you have me beat. :blink:

Let me guess.......In the winter, you car will be in a bubble like mine!!!! :hysterical:

I thought I was odd...but you have me beat. :blink:

Let me guess.......In the winter, you car will be in a bubble like mine!!!! :hysterical:

Well thankfully, Grabber, our winters do not really get rough here in Alabama. But, the vehicle does reside in a climate controlled garage with a cover on it (I went with one of the custom Shelby covers from CoverKing). I am thinking about buying a dehumidifyor for the garage, but it stays dry in there most of the time.

I'll have to send you a pic of the cover on the car. Now that I know how to use photobucket, WATCH OUT! :happy feet:

Hi, my name is Greg and I'm a Shelby-holic. :yup:

Welcome to Team Shelby. Alloy was one of my first choices when I was looking for a GT500. They do look real nice. I settled on vapor because once I started looking at it, the more I liked it. Let's see, 3 months and 560 miles? You need to get out more and enjoy the car, it's summer out there and soon it will be winter and you are going to kick yourself for not getting out more. My car keeps telling me "Take me out and stretch my legs!!" so I take her out and let her have some fun.

Anyway...welcome and enjoy that car.

Sudguy4,

Welcome to "the club" !

I also live in the Birmingham area, and would like to invite you to our weekly Mustang cruise-in.

We generally meet every Saturday around 5pm on the Alabaster/Pelham line along highway 31 in the Big Lots parking lot (weather permitting), and then cruise to someplace close by. We only have a few GT500's (5 that I have seen) along with other Mustangs. Our meeting time could change a little if we are going to travel together to one of the local cruise-in's as a group of cars or to a local car show as a group. We usually have a few mustangs up to about 30 at our cruise-ins, depending on who can make it.

If you also want to get an idea on mods, this is a place to see what others have done with their cars.

Thanks GTCPA,

I would definitely be interested in meeting a few more Mustang enthusiasts. Let me know when the next time you are going to meet, and I will try to make time to check ya'll out. I've got a 2001 GT as a daily driver, so might even drive that up to the event as well if that is acceptable!

I am thinking about buying a dehumidifyor for the garage, but it stays dry in there most of the time.

Congrats on the awesome color combo...(am partial to performance white/blue stripes)...lol

Too much dryness may not be good to the plastics, vinyl, hoses...so if it is really dry climate you may not need the dehumidifier ...I could be wrong though.

Congrats on the awesome color combo...(am partial to performance white/blue stripes)...lol

Too much dryness may not be good to the plastics, vinyl, hoses...so if it is really dry climate you may not need the dehumidifier ...I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the advice Sharabi. Alabama has an extremely humid climate, so the dehumidifier has worked well in the past for my Dad's "toys" in his garage....I figured that would slow the surface rust issue down a bit on the rear differential. I know that occassionally I will need to get under there with some SOS scrub pads and clean it off if I want to keep it looking new, but that is fine with me.

ANY EXCUSE TO CLEAN ANY PART OF MY SHELBY IS FINE WITH ME. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

For visual reasons only, I wish the aluminum components under the hood were of the same finish as the 03-04 Cobras.....I have been slowly working on making my stuff look carshow perfect, but it's a process! :banghead:

Archived