TEAM SHELBY FORUM

67 GT w/390 4sp

SGT/SC#0471

Ok I know you guys are really up on the vintage stuff too. Really nice #2 car red, black interior, not a fastback car. Owned by the same guy a long time, well preserved very well waxed in a garage etc...any opinions on a price? I have my giudes but what is a fair deal ballpark on this car?

If only a fastback! I would hide it from my wife for awhile haha!

Ok I know you guys are really up on the vintage stuff too. Really nice #2 car red, black interior, not a fastback car. Owned by the same guy a long time, well preserved very well waxed in a garage etc...any opinions on a price? I have my giudes but what is a fair deal ballpark on this car?

If only a fastback! I would hide it from my wife for awhile haha!

Like this. It's a '68. Pretty nice restoration in progress. He wants $25K like it is (not bad for a car that was probably 2900 new.)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30833

Stay away from the 390 fe. They are heavy and overheat. Get a 428, much better but more expensive. Even a 302 j code would be better. Just my 2 cents. SUDDEN.

I had a 67 coupe with the S code 390 and a 4 speed. It was nose heavy but I didn't have any problems with it overheating. Bought it for $800 after I broke a rod in my 70 R code Mach I. I have to go now and kick myself again for selling both of them.

Stay away from the 390 fe. They are heavy and overheat. Get a 428, much better but more expensive. Even a 302 j code would be better. Just my 2 cents. SUDDEN.

Yeah, that's the first I've heard of this overheating too and I've had 360's in trucks, and 390, 427 and 428's in Mustangs with no problems. The only time I've ever had a problem is when a thermostat went bad or water pump was going bad/getting weak and that wasn't the engines fault.

No over heating issus with my 1967 GT 390 4 speed Fastback. The car was really a strong car but was relatively slow off the line with, I believe, 3:25's limited slip from the factory, but the car came on real strong at the end of the 1/4 mile and at about 5500 RPM's.

Value: If it was a fastback in premium condition it could bring $25-32K++, but a notch back in "real nice" condition would bring no more than $18-22K, to me any way. I hate to say this but it is a fact that those cars are not considere a desireable, unless it was a convertible-

$18-22K is my 2 cents.

I don't even know if I would buy it unless I "stole" it, really. Those cars just don't bring big dollars.

Again my 02 cents-

No over heating issus with my 1967 GT 390 4 speed Fastback. The car was really a strong car but was relatively slow off the line with, I believe, 3:25's limited slip from the factory, but the car came on real strong at the end of the 1/4 mile and at about 5500 RPM's.

Value: If it was a fastback in premium condition it could bring $25-32K++, but a notch back in "real nice" condition would bring no more than $18-22K, to me any way. I hate to say this but it is a fact that those cars are not considere a desireable, unless it was a convertible-

$18-22K is my 2 cents.

I don't even know if I would buy it unless I "stole" it, really. Those cars just don't bring big dollars.

Again my 02 cents-

+1 on the notchback. Its a pass for me too.

I had a 66 Galaxy 500 XL and it was a 390 terror after 40 mph. Made for the interstate, a coor car to make miles in, well before the gas pinch! haha!

+1 on the notchback. Its a pass for me too.

Like one of my friends and I always say "it's just a coupe!" The coupes really don't do it for me for any year. I've passed up amazing deals on them over the years. I'm personally not into verts either and the only vert I ever want to own is a '66 Cobra. :)

Archived