TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I FINALLY got my last wheel and tire from FedEx this morning...Went out, cleaned the wheel up and put it on...Took her for a test ride, rides good, got the TPMS fault warning...have an appointment with Discount Tire this evening to get that fixed...hopefully...

Anyway, I now have room for bigger brakes somewhere down the line...Still have a set of SGT Wheels and Tires for sale if anyone is interested!

Here are a few pics of the new Wheels and Tires...

post-19184-1215463443.jpgpost-19184-1215463456.jpg

And the new Berg Cap...

post-19184-1215463555.jpg

post-19184-1215463443.jpg

post-19184-1215463456.jpg

Looks great. I have a set waiting to be put on my SGT, once I get it back from the Mod Shop at SAI. When you get to doing brakes, be sure to look at the AP Racing set up. They are expensive but they are, IMHO, the best stopping combination you can get for our cars. Again, the wheels look great.

Jim

Looks great. I have a set waiting to be put on my SGT, once I get it back from the Mod Shop at SAI. When you get to doing brakes, be sure to look at the AP Racing set up. They are expensive but they are, IMHO, the best stopping combination you can get for our cars. Again, the wheels look great.

Jim

I like the Shelby C6 brakes...same as the Brembo that comes on the GT500, but has the Shelby logo on them along with the C6 emblem...I just wish they made them in BLUE!!! Oh well, it's going to be a while after this fiasco of tracking tires and wheels for three weeks before I'm ready to do anything else...

Thanks guys!!!

OH, BTW, Shelby GT wheels only have 1/8 of an inch of clearance between the back of the wheel and the stock calipers...I now have 1 3/8 inches of space between the back of the wheel and the stock caliper...so yeah, there's plenty of room for bigger brakes with these wheels!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I like the Shelby C6 brakes...same as the Brembo that comes on the GT500, but has the Shelby logo on them along with the C6 emblem...I just wish they made them in BLUE!!! Oh well, it's going to be a while after this fiasco of tracking tires and wheels for three weeks before I'm ready to do anything else...

Thanks guys!!!

OH, BTW, Shelby GT wheels only have 1/8 of an inch of clearance between the back of the wheel and the stock calipers...I now have 1 3/8 inches of space between the back of the wheel and the stock caliper...so yeah, there's plenty of room for bigger brakes with these wheels!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I think your thinking of the Baer brakes that Shelby sells for our cars. The GT500 does have Brembo brakes but Baer makes the ones Shelby sells. Also, if you look at the online Shelby Performance Parts web page under the Performance heading, Parts 121 thru 132 they are selling color matched rotors for all the SGTs including a color matched Blue for the 2008. They are steep at $1895 but look mighty good. http://www.shelbyperformaceparts.com/ListI...ce/Page/10.aspx

Besides that nonsense, your car looks great. The combination of the GT500 wheels, spoiler and the lowered Shelby GT really look very good. Nice job on the pit stripe, it looks great against the silver SGT stripes. Very Nice indeed.

I think your thinking of the Baer brakes that Shelby sells for our cars. The GT500 does have Brembo brakes but Baer makes the ones Shelby sells. Also, if you look at the online Shelby Performance Parts web page under the Performance heading, Parts 121 thru 132 they are selling color matched rotors for all the SGTs including a color matched Blue for the 2008. They are steep at $1895 but look mighty good. http://www.shelbyperformaceparts.com/ListI...ce/Page/10.aspx

Besides that nonsense, your car looks great. The combination of the GT500 wheels, spoiler and the lowered Shelby GT really look very good. Nice job on the pit stripe, it looks great against the silver SGT stripes. Very Nice indeed.

Yeah, those are nice, but hard for me to justify that much money...hopefully when I'm ready, I can find a set that have been taken off of a GT500 that someone wants to get rid of for a decent price...Just can't do it right now after spending all that I did on the wheels and tires...

And Thank You for the kind words on the car...she is my baby!!!

Yeah, those are nice, but hard for me to justify that much money...hopefully when I'm ready, I can find a set that have been taken off of a GT500 that someone wants to get rid of for a decent price...Just can't do it right now after spending all that I did on the wheels and tires...

And Thank You for the kind words on the car...she is my baby!!!

Yea, I know what you mean there. It's amazing how easy it is to spend money on these cars. I was at a car show and a guy told me that after a year I'd be poor, I'd have a dang nice car but I'd be poor. Now I know what he means. I try and stay away from the Shelby Perf Parts Catalog. Every time I open it I open my wallet and something new is on the way. Gotta love it.

Enjoy your beautiful SGT, I know that I enjoy mine and that's really what it's all about.

I FINALLY got my last wheel and tire from FedEx this morning...Went out, cleaned the wheel up and put it on...Took her for a test ride, rides good, got the TPMS fault warning...have an appointment with Discount Tire this evening to get that fixed...hopefully...

Anyway, I now have room for bigger brakes somewhere down the line...Still have a set of SGT Wheels and Tires for sale if anyone is interested!

And the new Berg Cap...

Thats one GREAT looking SGT. I understand that they well not offer vista blue on the 09 GT500. So there won't be any more cars that look this good.It's to bad Ford didn't lower the GT500 like the SGT.

Thats one GREAT looking SGT. I understand that they well not offer vista blue on the 09 GT500. So there won't be any more cars that look this good.It's to bad Ford didn't lower the GT500 like the SGT.

Thank you! I have to admit that the Vista Blue is my favorite color and I'm proud to have one. I tried to get my wife to buy a White GT500 with Blue stripes a few weeks ago, but she decided to go with a Hyundai Sonata Limited instead...LOL

Thank you! I have to admit that the Vista Blue is my favorite color and I'm proud to have one. I tried to get my wife to buy a White GT500 with Blue stripes a few weeks ago, but she decided to go with a Hyundai Sonata Limited instead...LOL

Where did you get your wheels? are they original stock? How much? I'm looking for one stock GT500 wheel.

Where did you get your wheels? are they original stock? How much? I'm looking for one stock GT500 wheel.

I purchased them from a gentleman in Miami who had the 40th Anniversary Upgrade done to his GT500. He is a member of the Magic City Mustang Club down there, and I paid $1200.00 for the full set of wheels and tires and they are original stock wheels with SVT caps. The fiasco started when the wheels were shipped from Miami to Texas as FedEx lost two of the wheels and tires, finally found one a few days later, then took another two weeks to find the last one...I'm not happy with FedEx right now!!! But the wheels are in very good shape...Tires could stand to be replaced, but they have a little mileage left in them...until I can get some more money...

And the new Berg Cap...

...That's nice. I went with the same wheels but with gloss black openings - purchased from Summit Racing for $1028 delivered. Then went with some Pirelli P-Zero Rossos from Tire Rack. Also got a new set of straps, TPMS sensors and the training tool from Team Ford... Now I also have a spare set of stock wheels, but plan to use them on my convertible once its tires wear down.

BTW- I decided to go with the GT+ brakes from SAI, but am waiting for the cooling duct kit w/ driving lights before I do the installation so I won't have to take the wheels and rotors off more than once.

Good luck with your project.

Archived