TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REV LIMITOR

When I was at the track, I hit something that stopped my rpm's. It seemed like a rev limitor, but my dealer did not know anything about it having one. Does someone know what is was and when does it happen? Thank you

When I was at the track, I hit something that stopped my rpm's. It seemed like a rev limitor, but my dealer did not know anything about it having one. Does someone know what is was and when does it happen? Thank you

Yes. Read your manual. 6250 is the stock limit and the symptom will be off/on/off/on... of fuel. You also have a speed limiter of 155. Both can be removed with a tune.

I am thankfull it does have the rev limiter, because with the TVS under my hood, the RPM's peg so extremely fast, if you are not quick in shifting, the limiter will save your engine !

Sounds like you need a retune to 6500rpm at least! Does anyone have the rev limiter set to higher than 6500?

Btw: you can change the rev limiter without retuning the car. Directions are in the owners manual and can be set in increments of 100rpm.

Sounds like you need a retune to 6500rpm at least! Does anyone have the rev limiter set to higher than 6500?

Btw: you can change the rev limiter without retuning the car. Directions are in the owners manual and can be set in increments of 100rpm.

I believe all of the Evo tunes set it to 6600.

Correct me if I'm wrong - the only thing you can change with the stock tune is the warning tone and light. You can't change the rev limiter itself.

I think your thinking about the SVT SHIFT LIGHT INDICATOR, you can not change the factory REV Limiter w/o a tuner

HAHA :hysterical:

I was just thinking the same thing. Sheesh.

Same here - you'd think they would have had to take a class to work on a GT500.

oh wait....they did! :banghead:

6600rpm

My dealer says they have an expert I think they are supposed to if they sell them but they have never let me meet him, I hope.

you will find if you keep participating in this forum that you know more about the GT500 than just about anyone at the Ford dealership.......

you will find if you keep participating in this forum that you know more about the GT500 than just about anyone at the Ford dealership.......

The dealer where I bought mine has sold a grand total of one GT500. Yes, it does bother me that when I take it in for anything, I have to school them on the car.

Archived