TEAM SHELBY FORUM

stolen recovery GT500 Miami

sandro

There was a guy on our forum that had a white/blue stolen in Arizona...and switched to Z06....he can verify if he is reading still our forum's posts if it was his from the VIN.

That was my thought, but I don't think it was his.

I looked it up and the car was sold to Pinicon Ford in Independence, IA and drop shipped to Armstrong Ford in Homestead FL.

That car looks pretty strip down. I would think by the time you buy the parts needed to restore it you would have paid more for it than what a new one cost.

In the questions asked the seller stated $21K as a buy it now. Just the engine and trans alone will cost $20K.

There was a guy on our forum that had a white/blue stolen in Arizona...and switched to Z06....he can verify if he is reading still our forum's posts if it was his from the VIN.

I think he ended up getting another GT-500 (alloy or one of the darker colors) I purchased a set of Shelby letters from him. Nice guy.

On topic: Those pics make me sick also. The seller is asking too much (21k) but at least he acknowledges it though by stating to bid if you think the price is too high.

Somewhat on topic:.....i swear, i had a dream last week that my car was stolen. I had it parked in front of some building and when i came out, it was gone. I freaked !!

CLEAN TITLE????????????

Does Florida not issue salvaged titles for stolen/stripped cars?

Also from the auction description:

It is a rolling chasis, (shell) needs bumper covers,hood,trunk, seats.

umm call me crazy but I think the seller is leaving out a few needed items like say an engine & transmission for starters. Seems to me that a drivetrain would be more important than bumper covers.

Steve

CLEAN TITLE????????????

Does Florida not issue salvaged titles for stolen/stripped cars?

Also from the auction description:

It is a rolling chasis, (shell) needs bumper covers,hood,trunk, seats.

umm call me crazy but I think the seller is leaving out a few needed items like say an engine & transmission for starters. Seems to me that a drivetrain would be more important than bumper covers.

Steve

It looks that it would cost more to rebuild than to simply buy another one. But a salvage yard may be able to dismantle it further for panels and interior parts.

From the photos what struck me was that no scratch on the clear coat of the outside...this was done so professionally that it left the shell undamaged. I remember one episode on 20/20 years back they videoed in the studio stripping a car like that every thing was out in 30 minutes including doors bumpers drivel train ....

As others have stated this is not my car. I have not heard anything about my car ever being recovered. I would assume I would be contacted as I am still the owner of record. The insurance company does not change the title, just had me sign a power of attorney. I guess they have had too much trouble with people signing the wrong line on the title. I hope the owner of this car was fairly compensated for his loss. BIN price is crazy. You could buy a complete car for what it would cost to piece together.

I ended up not buying the Z06 for $72k out the door. Not a happy salesman when I called and said I would not be coming to pick it up that afternoon. Just could not spend that kind of cash for it. I did end up with a Torch Red/Satin Silver GT500 that is pretty much loaded with the exception of the vehicle cover. Much cheaper. I paid less out the door than I did for my white car with very few options. Not in a big hurry to mod it yet, very hot here. We have set a record for the most days in a row over 110.

As others have stated this is not my car. I have not heard anything about my car ever being recovered. I would assume I would be contacted as I am still the owner of record. The insurance company does not change the title, just had me sign a power of attorney. I guess they have had too much trouble with people signing the wrong line on the title. I hope the owner of this car was fairly compensated for his loss. BIN price is crazy. You could buy a complete car for what it would cost to piece together.

I ended up not buying the Z06 for $72k out the door. Not a happy salesman when I called and said I would not be coming to pick it up that afternoon. Just could not spend that kind of cash for it. I did end up with a Torch Red/Satin Silver GT500 that is pretty much loaded with the exception of the vehicle cover. Much cheaper. I paid less out the door than I did for my white car with very few options. Not in a big hurry to mod it yet, very hot here. We have set a record for the most days in a row over 110.

YES....!!!

So you are back to us...........glad for you staying with this great car.....pics please

It's sad to see this happen I wonder how this car was stolen? On a lighter note, glad you got another Shelby and it's Red, :happy feet: the fastest color :happy feet:

Here in South Florida, they have been steeling terminators and putting the drivetrains into Fox bodies. A number

of terminators 03-04 cobras have been found in the same condition... Now I fear they have decided to move up to

the GT 500s! OUCH..

As for the car, if the title is clean, and the price is right, might be good for a someone that buys one of those salvage

title GT500's. I saw a vert on ebay go for $21k, with under 7k miles, salvage title. You could buy that, and maybe this

car for under $10k and for $31k (price of a GT these days) have a real, clean title GT500. I would be alot of work, but

it could be done..

We should have gotten the VIN from the auction and posted it in the forum for future reference.. RIP 1/19000+ GT500's

I would be happy to provide pics but my camera was taken in the breakin. I have one I am using but for some reason I can't post the pics to anywhere. My new car also has the crimson interior which looks good with the Red exterior.

Congratulations on the new Red GT 500. I am glad it worked out for you. This is one of my "phobias" - that my Shelby would be stolen too.

Congratulations on the new Red GT 500. I am glad it worked out for you. This is one of my "phobias" - that my Shelby would be stolen too.

Thanks, I used to worry that something would happen to it when I took it somewhere. It never occurred to me anything could happen to the car locked safely in my garage. I now know that anything is possible. From what I can tell, theft on GT500's is pretty rare. A club I would rather not have joined. On the lighter side, everyone tells me they like the Torch Red/ Silver combo better than the White / Blue. I do like the nav head unit even if it did cost $2k....

Here in South Florida, they have been steeling terminators and putting the drivetrains into Fox bodies. A number

of terminators 03-04 cobras have been found in the same condition... Now I fear they have decided to move up to

the GT 500s! OUCH..

As for the car, if the title is clean, and the price is right, might be good for a someone that buys one of those salvage

title GT500's. I saw a vert on ebay go for $21k, with under 7k miles, salvage title. You could buy that, and maybe this

car for under $10k and for $31k (price of a GT these days) have a real, clean title GT500. I would be alot of work, but

it could be done..

We should have gotten the VIN from the auction and posted it in the forum for future reference.. RIP 1/19000+ GT500's

If it was for a Fox body, I don't think they would have taken the S197 specific parts (bumpers, hood, steering wheel, wheels, etc.). No, I would look for the parts off of this to appear on a S197. This is going on someone's stolen parts "clone". If I was looking for this stolen clone, I would look for a GT500 whose VIN didn't fit for a GT500.

VIN off of the auction is: 1zvht88s875268173

Archived