TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cruising with a Lamborghini

frankieboo69

Yesterday me and the wife were coming home from San Jose down Hwy101 and i was just cruising 70mph as usual , watching every car that comes by rubber necking or waving at us in our Shelby !!! And i notice in the rear view mirror a newer Lamborghini coming up fast in the fast lane next to us , i tell my wife can i get on it for this one ( she dont like me to speed when she is in the car LOL ) and she asks why , i said i see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini coming up fast from behind us . She says ok alittle so when he almost got on the side of me i hammered it to the floor with my original 40's "sounds bada** " and got up to around 100mph with in a couple of secs , anyways after driving on the side of him for about a quarter mile or so i let up and he also slowed down and yells out nice car to us ! :happy feet: then drove side by side and following each other about 20 miles till he turned off then we all waved later ! It felt so good to be acknowledged by someone in a brand new Lamborghini that is obviously a millionaire , Made my day ! Just wanted to share what had happened with u guys !!! SHELBY'S RULE !!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty sweet! What model was it? I was passed by a Lamborghini a couple of weeks ago, but I was driving the wife's minivan :blush:

I believe it was a Gallardo LP560 , found one online that looks identical except the one i was cruzing with was like a grabber orange !!!

Here's the link http://www.lamborghini.com/2006/lamboSitenormal.asp?lang=eng

I don't know.....it's a pretty quick Honda Odyssey. Six cylinders...... :lol:

Actually its a Volkswagon !!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

and i dont think he would have smoked me anyways , most people with cars like that dont know how to drive them :shift:

I was simply making a coment on the fact i was acnowleged by someone like that, and got a complement to boot !

Yesterday me and the wife were coming home from San Jose down Hwy101 and i was just cruising 70mph as usual , watching every car that comes by rubber necking or waving at us in our Shelby !!! And i notice in the rear view mirror a newer Lamborghini coming up fast in the fast lane next to us , i tell my wife can i get on it for this one ( she dont like me to speed when she is in the car LOL ) and she asks why , i said i see a Ferrari or a Lamborghini coming up fast from behind us . She says ok alittle so when he almost got on the side of me i hammered it to the floor with my original 40's "sounds bada** " and got up to around 100mph with in a couple of secs , anyways after driving on the side of him for about a quarter mile or so i let up and he also slowed down and yells out nice car to us ! :happy feet: then drove side by side and following each other about 20 miles till he turned off then we all waved later ! It felt so good to be acknowledged by someone in a brand new Lamborghini that is obviously a millionaire , Made my day ! Just wanted to share what had happened with u guys !!! SHELBY'S RULE !!!!!!!!!!

Cool story! Did he turn off in Gilroy? Reason is, the top Lambo mechanic is in Gilroy, my office is a few hundred yards away from his and every week, there are enclosed trailers dropping off and picking up cars. Lambos only! and from as far away as the East Coast. I get a free car show from my office window as he drives the cars down the cul-de-sac :shift:

Cool story! Did he turn off in Gilroy? Reason is, the top Lambo mechanic is in Gilroy, my office is a few hundred yards away from his and every week, there are enclosed trailers dropping off and picking up cars. Lambos only! and from as far away as the East Coast. I get a free car show from my office window as he drives the cars down the cul-de-sac :shift:

Hey Cali_KR !!! actually he turned at Hwy25 towards Hollister ! Dont mean to set my own post off topic but i guess its ok (I started it LOL) We need to get all the Shelby's together for a cruz and a get together around here ! All of them are always way down so. cal or back east !!!

i was told by a Newer Ferrari owner "you got a nice car" , i said, "yeah right, you have a nice car" .. it felt good that a Ferrari owney said that. Didnt know which Ferrari was but it sure felt good when i pulled up next to him and gave me the thumbs up. :happy feet:

Hey Cali_KR !!! actually he turned at Hwy25 towards Hollister ! Dont mean to set my own post off topic but i guess its ok (I started it LOL) We need to get all the Shelby's together for a cruz and a get together around here ! All of them are always way down so. cal or back east !!!

I know him, he has both the Orange and lime green Lambo's as well as a very cool collection of Custom motorcycles (built by Ron Simms) besides a host of other toys....

It seems like when you notice a really cool car they in return notice yours. I owned a SGT for 10 months and now a GT500 for the past 2 . I really don't see any difference in peoples reaction to both of them.The car guys see them as Shelby's, which they are. Even the cops think they are cool as hell !!

Archived