TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bad News gang

kaylan1521

IMO, that's bullshit, and should be illegal. Around here, it was crazy when the Ford GT came out. A dealer less than 5 miles from here was charging more than DOUBLE the sticker price.

In the case of the GT500, it hits a note on a more serious level. When dealers allow this practice and participate as well, basically it's all about the dollars. A rich man gets the car, while the little guy who can afford sticker alone hasn't got a chance in the world. So basically, if you're elite, you get the car. If you're working class, you might as well forget it. :(

Hopefully, honest dealers will prevail, making the car available to *anyone* who can afford the sticker price, not just the executive suit who whips out an extra $30K.

I think that we should keep track of EVERY dealer that does this starting with this one!

That's a very good idea!

Although they haven't jumped yet, I guarantee we'll have Mullinax Amherst on that list. These are the assclowns who sold GTs for double the price. :rolleyes: Also, a place called Ganley Ford West (formerly Marshall Ford West), Cleveland. These folks had $6K mark ups on Mach 1s. Wonder what they'll do with the GT500s?

*Edit*

The list starts here

Entry 1

Mtn. View Ford

301 E. 20th St.

Chattanooga, TN

Phone: (423) 595-4346 Fax: 423 763-0313

That's a very good idea!

Although they haven't jumped yet, I guarantee we'll have Mullinax Amherst on that list. These are the assclowns who sold GTs for double the price. :rolleyes: Also, a place called Ganley Ford West (formerly Marshall Ford West), Cleveland. These folks had $6K mark ups on Mach 1s. Wonder what they'll do with the GT500s?

*Edit*

The list starts here

Entry 1

Mtn. View Ford

301 E. 20th St.

Chattanooga, TN

Phone: (423) 595-4346 Fax: 423 763-0313

We should probably make this a thread by itself. I've got a funny feeling that the list is going to get long... :(

I think we should make it a "sticky" pinned to the top of the discussion pages. Keep it short:

Name & address of dealer, and a brief, non-emotional explanation of what they "want". we could also do a list of favorable dealers. No slander, just a list of which dealer proposed what. Mountain View Ford is the perfect example. It's listed on e-bay, for cryin' out loud! :wacko:

I'm not too worried (as of this second), as long as Ford announces what we believe to be correct: 7-10,000 GT500s per year for 2-3 years, we should all be set--if we can be patient.

I think that we should keep track of EVERY dealer that does this starting with this one!

I totally agree, Robert. We should make a list of these MF's.

Ok, I am far away, but my dealer over here plans to order two at the US dealership he does business with. One for himself and one for me, but only at MSRP. And with duties, taxes and inspection for the licenseplate it comes at 65000 Euros and that is $80000. Expensive enough, I think.

Good find Paul!

The Description reads as such:

THIS ONE WILL HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WANT. YOU ORDER TO YOUR SPECS, WHAT YOU ARE BIDDING IS HOW MUCH OVER THE MSRP YOU WILL PAY UPON DELIVERY. REMEMBER, THE BID YOU MAKE IS THE AMOUNT ABOVE MSRP YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE 2007 MUSTANG SHELBY COBRA GT500. HERE IS AN EXAMPLE FOR CLARITY: IF THE CAR HAS A WINDOW STICKER OF $50,505.00 AND YOU HAVE WON THIS AUCTION AT THE RESERVE BID OF $25,000.00 THEN YOU WILL OWN THIS FIRST MUSTANG SHELBY GT FOR $75,505.00 PLUS TAXES AND FEES.

YOUR BID IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO PAY "X" FOR THIS CAR. WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT WHAT THE MSRP WILL BE, WE'VE HEAR EVERYTHING BETWEEN 40K AND 50K. THIS ONE WILL BE IN A CLASS BY ITSELF. WHAT IS THE COMPETITION, A LOADED CORVETTE THAT YOU SEE 10 IN INVENTORY AT YOUR LOCAL CHEVY DEALER? OR A VIPER, WHICH NOBODY EVER EVEN ALLOWS ON THE STREET THEY PAMPER SO MUCH? NOPE, YOU WILL OWN A PIECE OF AMERICAN HISTORY.

Subject to availability and a $10,000.00 deposit will be required at end of auction. This auction will be for the first car of our allocation from Ford we anticipate late summer delivery.

GO FOR IT NOW.

As it reads you could be paying $75,000 USD. NUTS!

Glad to be in Canada for this one.

Yes, it's disgusting, but if someone is willing to pay it, who are we to stop them? If a dealership in Bum**** Wisconsin is going to get one car, and they've been selling Taurus' for a loss for the last two years, who can blame them for trying to make a buck on something that everyone wants? If you owned a car that someone was willing to pay you $100,000 for, but the Old Car Price Guide said was only worth $80,000 would you turn down the extra $20,000? I doubt it!

What a bum! :angry: I hope he gets stuck with it!

Is it the same when an individual does the same thing?

Looky.........another "right to buy" 2007

Just wondering how many of these we'll see pop up. Potentially people who have their 'spot" held, and will later decide to sell it for a pretty penny?

Just an observation.

Just wondering how many of these we'll see pop up. Potentially people who have their 'spot" held, and will later decide to sell it for a pretty penny?

Just an observation.

Check this one out, its not a dealer but a buyer who's on a list!!!!! :angry:

All I can say is YIKES. I do have sympathy for the dealer....but I seeem to have more sympathy for me right now....I called my dealer for an update, and he hasn't returned my call (he usually does quickly). Maybe my #1 spot isn't as solid as I had hoped...

Dude, kingcobra has used up my entire stash of "vitamins". Don't you start freaking out on me.

Breathe.....In with the good air, out with the bad.... :lol:

Sudsy -

The order banks haven't opened yet so I don't see how anyone can say you have to take what the dealer has already ordered. I suspect some dealers may try to / actually do that - order what THEY want then sell it on their list. Being cynical, I might think they'd do that to ensure more profit out the door rather than letting the customer 'cheap out' on them. I'm the kind that would go toward the low end, not 'cause I'm cheap, but because anything that doesn't make it go faster, stop quicker, or handle better isn't important. And I'm cheap.

I laugh about the Shaker 1000 as an option with two extra subwoofers in the trunk. The subwoofer I want to rattle my butt is under the hood, not in the freakin' trunk. Sheesh.

Just an observation.

Swami says, "This auction will get pulled." I'm going to report it to Ebay security right now.

Sudsy -

The order banks haven't opened yet so I don't see how anyone can say you have to take what the dealer has already ordered. I suspect some dealers may try to / actually do that - order what THEY want then sell it on their list. Being cynical, I might think they'd do that to ensure more profit out the door rather than letting the customer 'cheap out' on them. I'm the kind that would go toward the low end, not 'cause I'm cheap, but because anything that doesn't make it go faster, stop quicker, or handle better isn't important. And I'm cheap.

I laugh about the Shaker 1000 as an option with two extra subwoofers in the trunk. The subwoofer I want to rattle my butt is under the hood, not in the freakin' trunk. Sheesh.

Yup. But there is more profit in the 'vert (it will be a +- $4k option), yes? Also, three cobras, I couldn't agree more. The car is loaded- with options and weight. No need to add price unless it's for "go-faster" items (mine would be a twin-screw).

I'm breathing again, thanks!

Here ya go guys:

Response from fisherbyrd

Item: Ford : Mustang (4602853386)

This message was sent while the listing was active.

fisherbyrd is the seller.

we've been allocated four. cash down is due, yes at end of auction. we will put the next three on ebay also. we've seen with this one what the market will be. down payment at the end of the auction and then financing arranged prior to actual ordering process. we can work this out.

**************************************************************************************

I sent a message asking how I would pay the "right to buy". I also asked if I missed this one, if we could work out a deal on the side. Hence, he says we can 'work something out".

Dude, kingcobra has used up my entire stash of "vitamins". Don't you start freaking out on me.

Breathe.....In with the good air, out with the bad.... :lol:

Now that hurts my feelings......

I'm sensitive you know!!!

I thought you were my friend..sniff..

KingCobra. M/M

Archived