TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Challenger....................

I like the Challenger. It's a great looking car with a big HP motor, a bit on the heavy side but very well done. I think it's fantastic that Dodge came out with it and we live in a time when there are going to be Challengers, Camaros and Mustangs again in a new HP war. How could it be any better, besides $1.50 gas. It's going to be great to pull up to a light with a new Camaro SS, a new Challenger SRT and my Shelby. This is 1960s all over again but with new technology and lots of parts to make them look better and go faster. It's a dream come true.

Amen to that brother!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well guys I just picked mine up and am on the way back home with it. I'm truly impressed. I had my doubts about the auto stick, but I've found it to be a good auto trans. The car pulls HARD. Couldn't tell the thing weighs 2 tons when behind the wheel.

I'll be back in OK tomorrow and will try to get some pics of em side by side

Well guys I just picked mine up and am on the way back home with it. I'm truly impressed. I had my doubts about the auto stick, but I've found it to be a good auto trans. The car pulls HARD. Couldn't tell the thing weighs 2 tons when behind the wheel.

:happy feet: :bandance: :drool::lurk::camera:

hurry up i wanna seeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Saw my first Challenger at Lime Rock yesterday - and now I can honestly say - I don't like it. Its way too big and ungainly in my opinion. Looks more like a luxury barge coupe trying to be a performance car. It's more like the size of a 70 Malibu, or at least it appears so; it may just be my eyes playing tricks. There was an original Challenger next to it; it was a nice size. Here are some pics,

011.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

Saw my first Challenger at Lime Rock yesterday - and now I can honestly say - I don't like it. Its way too big and ungainly in my opinion. Looks more like a luxury barge coupe trying to be a performance car. It's more like the size of a 70 Malibu, or at least it appears so; it may just be my eyes playing tricks. There was an original Challenger next to it; it was a nice size. Here are some pics,

011.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

The car is big. I think you hit the nail on the head though. I really don't think the 08 is intended to be so much a race car as a daily drive that will haul when necessary. I will say I've managed 0-60 in 4.8 seconds on my dash, ain't too bad. It handles excellent. Not as good as the SGT, but it's not near as rough. It's going to make a comfortable cool DD, and that's all I bought it for.

I've gotta say, I've never seen a car get this much attention. Not even my beloved SGT has pulled this many people. Stopping anywhere has been ridiculous!

Can not wait to see pic's, please post as soon as you can. With the exception of the gas mileage I think it is a great daily driver for people that live down south.

Congrats on the new ride!!!!!!!!!

011.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

it does look pretty chunky compared to the 70's challenger but its not that bad...IMO.

The car is big. I think you hit the nail on the head though. I really don't think the 08 is intended to be so much a race car as a daily drive that will haul when necessary. I will say I've managed 0-60 in 4.8 seconds on my dash, ain't too bad. It handles excellent. Not as good as the SGT, but it's not near as rough. It's going to make a comfortable cool DD, and that's all I bought it for.

I've gotta say, I've never seen a car get this much attention. Not even my beloved SGT has pulled this many people. Stopping anywhere has been ridiculous!

hows the interior? is it roomy? if i had the dough, i would buy one for a DD too.

I'll take some pics in the morning. I was out with it all day showing it to friends. It was a blast!

Gas mileage wasn't to bad honestly. I averaged 23 MPG the whole way home on the highway (according to the onboard computer) and I'm getting 16 in town.

Now the inside is quite roomy. It doesn't feel cramped like the mustang. The interior isn't retro, but I really like it. It feels like a euro sports car inside, all the luxuries. GPS, DVD, Hard drive, Kicker stereo, steering wheel controls, heated seats, auto dimming mirror, and push button start. You name it the car has it. I took people in the back seat and room wasn't a problem.

The Challenger I had the pleasure of being in at 120+ on the interstate was#...........Sorry I promised not to tell!The car is spot on for exterior retro.Given that they couldn't build an exact reproduction.It is LARGE.It feels slow mainly because of the weight.Interior while nice is not retro enough for me,Strictly an opinion.The seats are bolstered well but the bolsters are too wide either for fatties or..................IMO,Nice car!But see sig pic.

I like the Challenger and would buy one at MSRP because of it's heritage, looks, etc... and the same for the Camaro from what I have seen. Heck I love Muscle Cars period as well as any true car guy would. :shift:

I like the Challenger and would buy one at MSRP because of it's heritage, looks, etc... and the same for the Camaro from what I have seen. Heck I love Muscle Cars period as well as any true car guy would. :shift:

Hey Lamonte, I see you're in line for the Super Snake. Congrats! Look forward to seeing it next year in St Louis. I have to agree with you, it would be great to have a new Shelby, Challenger and Camaro SS all in the garage.

Wes

yeah i heard this one too......

f :censored: ckin

old

rebuilt

dodge

:rolleyes:

Heres the ones I've heard my whole life as a Ford guy

( F) :censored: ked ( O)n ( R)ace ( D)ay

( F)ound ( O)n ( R)oad ( D)ead

( F)ix ( O)r ( R)epair ( D)aily

( F) :censored: ked ( O)ld ( R)ebuilt ( D)odge

( F)lip ( O)ver ( R)ead ( D)irections

( F)ull ( O)f ( R)ediculous ( D)efects

( F)resh ( O)il ( R)equired ( D)aily

( F)ull ( O)f ( R)odent ( D)roppings

( F)ord ( O)wners ( R)ecommend ( D)odge

( F)ast ( O)nly ( R)olling ( D)ownhill

( F)ix ( O)r ( R)eturn to ( D)ealer

And probably a few more if I can think of them. Maybe we should start a new thread for these. Think their called acronyms.

Archived