TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replacement Hood Pins Question

I have an 07 SGT with the stock hood pins which are getting quite scratched up from pulling the pins in and out and also marked up by somebody "my friend", trying to open the hood with the pins still installed. :banghead: Anyway, I wanted to replace them with the billet type. I noticed on the 08 SGT's, the stock billet hood pins say "SHELBY GT", yet the ones they sell at Shelby Performance Parts only say " SHELBY". My question is, can I get the ones that say "SHELBY GT" for my 07, or are they only available for the 08's or is there some kind of compatability issue?

• 1 year later...

Sorry that someone has not jumped in here to say something.

The hood pins on the 2008 Shelby GT's do actually say "SHELBY GT" on them. This is something only found on the 2008 model SGT. Same thing with the door sill plates that have the CSM# on them, they are specific to the 2008 model.

If you end up replacing the pucks on the hood. . . . you would be able to get ones from SPP which say "SHELBY" on them. I will say, they are a very nice improvement over the factory installed ones they used on the '07 SGT, and GT-H models. I think they would be worth the extra $$$.

Hope that helps.

I have an 07 SGT with the stock hood pins which are getting quite scratched up from pulling the pins in and out and also marked up by somebody "my friend", trying to open the hood with the pins still installed. :banghead: Anyway, I wanted to replace them with the billet type. I noticed on the 08 SGT's, the stock billet hood pins say "SHELBY GT", yet the ones they sell at Shelby Performance Parts only say " SHELBY". My question is, can I get the ones that say "SHELBY GT" for my 07, or are they only available for the 08's or is there some kind of compatability issue?

The "Shelby GT" versions are not for sale to the general public they are exclusive to the 08's. In the hood pin thread, and some others, you will find pics and experiences of 07 owners that have installed the billet pins. It's not a simple swap and takes some work so read up and be aware. That said I like the old school look of the 07 pins myself and will just replace as needed.

The "Shelby GT" versions are not for sale to the general public they are exclusive to the 08's. In the hood pin thread, and some others, you will find pics and experiences of 07 owners that have installed the billet pins. It's not a simple swap and takes some work so read up and be aware. That said I like the old school look of the 07 pins myself and will just replace as needed.

This was an old thread somebody brought back up. I've since replaced my original hoodpins with the Shelby billet type and are very happy with them.

I'm old school, why not take pictures of your car and CSM # with VIN and call someone at SAI, maybe BUD, and ask if they will allow you to purchase the 08 hood pin. This is really nothing more than a mod and it's on your dime, should be a no brainer and they will make a sale, hood pins have been on back order if I remember correctly from some other posts.... Go for it and let us know.

Lesson learned here, read the post date this was way back, missed it on the first read..... :finger:

GG

I think some of the early 08 models like the orange ones at least had the 07SGT/GT-H flat style. I have the billet version which are fine but the cables are literally brown from rust. The loops are quirky and sometimes pop out but easily pop back in. I am putting on a GT-500 hood and front fascia so I am not worried about replacing them. These are covered under warranty though. Mine got really bad from getting rained on with the Shelby cover on top. It seemed to trap the water inside the cables.

I think some of the early 08 models like the orange ones at least had the 07SGT/GT-H flat style. I have the billet version which are fine but the cables are literally brown from rust. The loops are quirky and sometimes pop out but easily pop back in. I am putting on a GT-500 hood and front fascia so I am not worried about replacing them. These are covered under warranty though. Mine got really bad from getting rained on with the Shelby cover on top. It seemed to trap the water inside the cables.

You are correct!! My Grabber Orange is an 2008 Model, but built in 07. It had the cheap flat style, I replaced them with the Billet ones, but they only say "Shelby". Maybe I can call SAI and ask them to send me the "Shelby Gt" ones, since I am missing a screw and cables are rusted.

I don't care for the billet ones. I think they look goofy and detract from the car's lines while the traditional hood pins on the 07 are just that, traditional which is why they're there.

But your mileage may vary!

:happy feet:

I like the fact that the billet ones have a groove for the pins to sit in.

Archived