TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Missing the old days...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im not about to take all that time to reregister! --------------- SAI DRHVAC. "the rookie"

wanna hear something funny........my post count is higher than yours. ha just keep using these screen names :hysterical:

Who cares about post counts anyway? :shrug:

:hysterical:

Can't, the princess may be watching. :ninja:

If I remember right, there was a merging of two different forums at one time. PERSONALLY I think things changed when Stangs Unleashed went away. Dont know what it was about Stangs Unleashed, but I for some reason liked it more than TS. That said, this is still one of my favorite sites to post on. I try to check it every day. The people here are great.

Like someone said in an earlier post - dont let the turkeys get a down :)

If I remember right, there was a merging of two different forums at one time. PERSONALLY I think things changed when Stangs Unleashed went away. Dont know what it was about Stangs Unleashed, but I for some reason liked it more than TS. That said, this is still one of my favorite sites to post on. I try to check it every day. The people here are great.

Like someone said in an earlier post - dont let the turkeys get a down :)

That's when the main 'stuff' went down.

We are now watched carefully w/ every posts.

Even if something is jokingly said about SAI it is taken as a direct threat and removed.

The biggest point here is that this site is 'over moderated'.

Things that should be taken off aren't and things that shouldn't are.

I have seen the sort of "troll posting" you speak of in every forum I have ever been involved with. I recently had a very nasty experience with one on Warship Models Underway, and allowed such people to chase me away from the SubCommittee (submarine models).

I do get confused by the liberal use of emoticons, but, I love chating with y'all.. I am not a real gearhead but I am doing mods to my car (myself) and the support of this web site gives me great strength and inspiration. Don't get down on it! Real enthusiasts are still posting....

I haven't met any of you face to face, but I know I would like y'all right away...

Jeff, I can certainly relate.

Although I am not fortunate enough to be a Shelby owner, I do own a 2003 Mach 1 and am a moderator on the Mach 1 Registry. Those of us that were there from the beginning had to help each other through the frustrations of waiting for information (or disinformation) on so many things it wasn't even funny. The dealers were less than clueless, our contacts within Ford either couldn't help or wouldn't help. When we found out the production on our cars began (mine is the 16 Mach 1 built), only a month after we were originally promised...the cars then sat at DAP for nearly a month before being shipped out. We still, to this day, do not know why!

The good thing is once the cars arrived, it really made things worth waiting for. I know those of you who are fortunate enough to be Shelby owners feel that way, and I hope to join your ranks in the future.

I have seen the sort of "troll posting" you speak of in every forum I have ever been involved with. I recently had a very nasty experience with one on Warship Models Underway, and allowed such people to chase me away from the SubCommittee (submarine models).

I do get confused by the liberal use of emoticons, but, I love chating with y'all.. I am not a real gearhead but I am doing mods to my car (myself) and the support of this web site gives me great strength and inspiration. Don't get down on it! Real enthusiasts are still posting....

I haven't met any of you face to face, but I know I would like y'all right away...

I am both.

A troll and an enthusiast. :hysterical:

I like to have my fun and I like to make install threads.

It seems sometimes people think you should only do one or the other.

I was a member of both, but spent more time on the Shelby site. I think it is what we make it and I have no problem ignoring those that add no value. Well maybe I do have a problem ignoring it, but I stop myself from posting most of the time when someone posts something with no value.

They never should have let the Shelby GT out of the coral with 319 HP! This car bottom line should have 380 to 385 hp @ the crank, naturally aspirated! I will never let that go and I think SAI knows it should have powered the SGT higher. When the Shelby GT350 came out in 1965 it had 306 hp @ the crank, the GT K Model had 271 @ the crank, the "regular" GT had 225 @ the crank. They made this car and knew everybody would have to SC the car to get the hp they really wanted. I will never let it go and hope SAI will listen next time. The BIG hp cars, GT/SC will always be the WAY more desireable car becausae of the factory SAI hp. It will always be the car I wanted and if I knew they offered it I would have bought one in a heart beat, but they never advertised it that you could get the factory SAI SC car.

BUT, all that being said I love my Shelby Mustang! I have owned many cars from Rolls Royces (inherited) to BMW's and just bought in 2006 a new Mercedes (still have it), but the Shelby GT is the nicest car I have ever owned, it just would have been the complete ticket if it would have had more HP!!! I'm done now.

You make submarine models? :) I served 9 years on various Los Angeles Class submarines and would love to find a nice high quality model.

Do you know of any?

Thanks!

They never should have let the Shelby GT out of the coral with 319 HP! This car bottom line should have 380 to 385 hp @ the crank, naturally aspirated! I will never let that go and I think SAI knows it should have powered the SGT higher. When the Shelby GT350 came out in 1965 it had 306 hp @ the crank, the GT K Model had 271 @ the crank, the "regular" GT had 225 @ the crank. They made this car and knew everybody would have to SC the car to get the hp they really wanted. I will never let it go and hope SAI will listen next time. The BIG hp cars, GT/SC will always be the WAY more desireable car becausae of the factory SAI hp. It will always be the car I wanted and if I knew they offered it I would have bought one in a heart beat, but they never advertised it that you could get the factory SAI SC car.

BUT, all that being said I love my Shelby Mustang! I have owned many cars from Rolls Royces (inherited) to BMW's and just bought in 2006 a new Mercedes (still have it), but the Shelby GT is the nicest car I have ever owned, it just would have been the complete ticket if it would have had more HP!!! I'm done now.

Thats excellent vintage Swede......now this is REALLY LIKE THE GOOD OLE DAYS........and I agree with you by the way........380-400 would have been a better performance target.

YEAH!!!!

Swede is back. LOL

Just kidding pal.

You make submarine models? :) I served 9 years on various Los Angeles Class submarines and would love to find a nice high quality model.

Do you know of any?

Thanks!

WOW! Small world. I used to redesign some of the secondary nuclear fluids systems and components for the comissioned Los Angeles, Washington and Trident class subs while I was an engineer at General Dynamics, Electric Boat Div. I also did some initial design work for the Seawolf class just before I left EB. And, while an intern at Naval Underwater Systems Center, I did some design and testing on a still-top secret torpedo launcher system. Oh boy, we are way overdue for a phone call.

While on the nuclear subject, after my Naval engineering work, I was called in to Three Mile Island to consult and determine whether one of their emergency backup systems needed to be shut down; which included part of the reactor system. I forgot the system pressure (I know it had 4500 psi-rated valves), but this was a very high pressure system. TMI wasn't like a sub with a primary and secondary system - TMI only had a primary system so everything was radioactive. Because my goggles kept fogging up, I had to literally stick my face in the steam (obviously low pressure after they opened it up for a while) to determine whether to replace or repair the equipment. Then I had to give them enough info for them to determine whether to shut the reactor down or not - luckily it was okay. Then while leaving and removing all my protective clothing, I set off all the alarms and they had to scrub my face from the contamination. So if you see a twitch now and then, just ignore it. LOL

That's too funny. There is another forum friend that was in the submarine business. In fact, he worked for NAVSEA while I was at EB.

Biker Bob and Adam, we did have a lot of fun. Even the complaints were great as they developed into excellent issues on how to make our Shelby's better and faster. My complaint was VERY real with me but I always had a tounge in cheek while doing it. Your cars are what I really wanted. Will I ever get it done? I am not sure but I know I'd love it if it ever happened. I'd really like SAI to install the SC as I'd love the power and the pedigree. Infact my wife had plans to get my Shelby down to SAI for my 50th (this year) but I put a stop to it as turning 50 kind of hit me the wrong way , but now I am thinking hard about it again.

You know it is good to be a Shelby owner as we are a crowd of very few. I really love it when people ask me "is it worth the money" and I say "there is nothing like a Shelby Mustang"-

Biker Bob and Adam, we did have a lot of fun. Even the complaints were great as they developed into excellent issues on how to make our Shelby's better and faster. My complaint was VERY real with me but I always had a tounge in cheek while doing it. Your cars are what I really wanted. Will I ever get it done? I am not sure but I know I'd love it if it ever happened. I'd really like SAI to install the SC as I'd love the power and the pedigree. Infact my wife had plans to get my Shelby down to SAI for my 50th (this year) but I put a stop to it as turning 50 kind of hit me the wrong way , but now I am thinking hard about it again.

You know it is good to be a Shelby owner as we are a crowd of very few. I really love it when people ask me "is it worth the money" and I say "there is nothing like a Shelby Mustang"-

Meant no harm my friend. I always enjoyed your comments. Any you always geve me really nice ones which I am grateful.

I was joking because I know you feel passionate about that subject - stock SGT HP. I really hope you get your car in for the S/C sometime soon. You have a great wife for trying to do that.

I was a member of both forums.I was more involved on the Shelby Autos site as it pertained to the Shelby GT more than Stangsunleashed did,obviously.I am a member of a couple of forums and can honestly tell you that lately the posts on all of them have been on a trend of negativity.I blame...........................................................................

............Gas prices. :hysterical:

I love ya SWEDE!! :)

Welcome back Biker Bob.

Thanks Rosssvt. wow...I feel like I am at a reunion (maybe I was the only one who moved away).

Anyhow, now that I have most of my "issues" resolved ( scoops, stripes, backordered parts etc), I plan to be a more regular visitor. Adam, Swede, PottyDr, Matt in Chi, Rosssvt, 07Shelby GT...and others...good to see so many familiar members still hear.

Maybe , for old times sake, we could light up a SuperCharger/Strut brace debate.....calling LuLu , calling LuLu...lol.

also, I will need to catch up on thing with many of you folks, and will try to get a couple pics.details up on my car, now that is finished.

thanks again all...its nice to be back

I joined on the other site also and liked the atmosphere better. While i do spend some time reading on here and other sites i'm not a big poster. Guess i'm not part of the "click". :cry:

Oh and i agree with Swede about the "minivan horsepower" of these cars n/a. :poke:

Cheers mates

Thanks Rosssvt. wow...I feel like I am at a reunion (maybe I was the only one who moved away).

Anyhow, now that I have most of my "issues" resolved ( scoops, stripes, backordered parts etc), I plan to be a more regular visitor. Adam, Swede, PottyDr, Rosssvt, 07Shelby GT...and others...good to see so many familiar members still hear.

Maybe , for old times sake, we could light up a SuperCharger/Strut brace debate.....calling LuLu , calling LuLu...lol.

also, I will need to catch up on thing with many of you folks, and will try to get a couple pics.details up on my car, now that is finished.

thanks again all...its nice to be back

Bob, we expect to see you at some of the mid-west events now!

I don't like it when people have rude or elitist attitudes. I think that stuff turns people off, myself included. I hope that I have not come across negatively to anyone and if so I apologize. Team Shelby is where I spend most of my "Mustang Forum" time these days and it's the wealth of information from members like Jeff(IsHereToo) who keep me coming back.

I'm sorry to say that this post will likely be my last post in the "general discussion" forum.

I appreciate you all and deeply respect Jeff and his comments here, as well as thoughts from many others. However, this recent "blow-out" against SAI was just too much for me. It was not civil, or respectful, and it went on much too long. I learned a few things about some other members as well.

I love my SGT, and I respect my small circle of fellow SGT and GT 500 owners in my area. I am thankful that Carrol Shelby made the SGT available to me and I would never disrespect him, or, his employees, as it all unfolded. My personal boundaries have been violated and I can't seem to get over this.

If any of y'all want to trade thoughts with me, I'll be hanging out in the Mods/Tech forum, or, the Midwest owner's forum. I won't be back here.

God bless, y'all be safe.

LOL, I had to go back and see what thread Lulu was refering to because apparaently I missed it. Although I check this forum several times, some times too many, a day. I have learned to just use the "view new topics" link. Then I can quickly glance through the topics and pick what looks interesting to me. I no longer check every thread in the Shelby GT forum simply because its there. I even ignored this thread until my son wouldn't let me take a nap. I ignored it and the rant against SAI because I have read it all before and have tired of it.

That being said. In my opinion, it has nothing to do with ShelbyAutos and Teamshelby forum. How soon we forget the amount of bickering with each other and lashing out at SAI over everything from the hood scoop to "/SC" stripes. There was a long period of time that I hid my sign on at the Shelby Autos forum because of an argument. It isn't one web site or the other. It is human nature. There are just a few more humans here.

My piece of advice read the topic titles and topic starters screen names. Then ignore the ones that tend to annoy you. For what it's worth.

I'm sorry to say that this post will likely be my last post in the "general discussion" forum.

I appreciate you all and deeply respect Jeff and his comments here, as well as thoughts from many others. However, this recent "blow-out" against SAI was just too much for me. It was not civil, or respectful, and it went on much too long. I learned a few things about some other members as well.

I love my SGT, and I respect my small circle of fellow SGT and GT 500 owners in my area. I am thankful that Carrol Shelby made the SGT available to me and I would never disrespect him, or, his employees, as it all unfolded. My personal boundaries have been violated and I can't seem to get over this.

If any of y'all want to trade thoughts with me, I'll be hanging out in the Mods/Tech forum, or, the Midwest owner's forum. I won't be back here.

God bless, y'all be safe.

Mac,

I think the key here is that I, and I would recommend anyone else, not try to reason with unreasonable. Not try to rationalize the irrational. In that I mean once you see that someone has an agenda and they're not looking for info but a platform to pontificate or spread FUD I will from now on walk away. These people are only effective when they have an audience, best thing the rest of us could do is simply, as was recommended by ShelbyPilot, is ignore them and move on to other discussions.

You're insights, humor, and knowledge are needed around here and I hope you find enough of interest to come back and participate where YOU want to and not let someone else ruin your or our fun.

See ya soon!

I joined on the other site also and liked the atmosphere better. While i do spend some time reading on here and other sites i'm not a big poster. Guess i'm not part of the "click".

Gosh I hope there is no "click" though I have had word of some Mafia of some sorts. :talkhand:

You're on the Team!

:)

That's when the main 'stuff' went down.

We are now watched carefully w/ every posts.

Even if something is jokingly said about SAI it is taken as a direct threat and removed.

The biggest point here is that this site is 'over moderated'.

Things that should be taken off aren't and things that shouldn't are.

Easy there trigger. :hysterical3:

I too have been around for a while. In the SU days I was supporting member #4 and when I became a Mod it was just Robert and I watching over the site. I too have noticed a change but having said that I guess that's bound to happen when there's 20,000 members. Regardless, I still hang out help keep an eye on things and occassionally post.

Archived