TEAM SHELBY FORUM

If you are a TRT member sign off here, please

07SGT4578

Wrote the check (mailed same day) on June 23, received July 31. However, looking at the envelope, the postage was printed on July 1 (maybe they buy a bunch of stamps ahead of time - all the envelopes weigh the same) and the zip code for my address was way wrong - mine starts with a 9 and the one printed on the label started with a 6. So the envelope may have been sent early and seen a few trips around the country. If only the envelope could talk.

The Terlingua Racing Team website www.terlinguaracingteam.com is up and running now though it's mainly just an online store for Terlingua merchandise right now. The good news is that you can pay for your membership through PayPal now if you don't want to mess with writing a check and mailing it in. I've joined and now I just need to wait for my new member packet.

Matt

Having been a member of this e-lite group for a while I'm impressed

so many can correctly spell/or type so well while intoxicated!

As far as taking a while to get your packages;you ever tried to tie a

letter to a jack-rabbit?

Be glad they don't use the beer drinking goat anymore.

Doc Scott

TRT Grand High Muckity-Muck of Oklahoma

The Terlingua Racing Team website www.terlinguaracingteam.com is up and running now though it's mainly just an online store for Terlingua merchandise right now. The good news is that you can pay for your membership through PayPal now if you don't want to mess with writing a check and mailing it in. I've joined and now I just need to wait for my new member packet.

Matt

BTW, I went up there and they have more cool stuff. I love it, it's so irreverent. Now I have more to buy...

Chris

Just sent in my request today.

Now dare I tempt faith and get Terlingua decals for my H281 Saleen..........

Could cross-marking these brands cause any kind of major riff in the time/space continuum?

Tony, I say hold true to the tradition and "stick them" on someone elses car! Personally, I think they would look real good on a vette.....

Or even a Robosaurus--the car crushing dinosaur that went in last year's Barrett-Jackson auction...

Rumor has that someone :devil: put 3-4 Terlingua stickers on its legs and backside before the auction! No small feat as you have to be pretty tall to even reach it's rump! I had to

I heard the guy, who was about 6'6", had to do a jump shot to get that one on!

Crazy stuff, but I believe the idea was sound :hysterical:

Maybe that's why it sold for so much???

Chris

Matt

Follow link above it will take you to there site.

• 4 weeks later...

Quite a few responded to this thread by joining the Terlingua Racing Team. Here's the ad like the one I answered when I first joined in 1966:

2859997799_395508a6b5.jpg

On page 70 of the October 1966 issue of Sports Car Graphic, right there between B&H Tire Sales recapping and Liquid Wrench advertisements, it says:

"The oldest racing team in the country. We started with wagons! Send $5 for certificate, card, and 4 x 5 color decal for your wagon

-----------------------

Carroll Shelby, Director

Terlingua Racing Team

1000 Vaughn Building

Dallas, Texas "

Five bucks got you the cert (see my avatar), membership card (I'm certain it's around here, somewhere), the decal (that I put on my [shudder] Gawdawfuler Yellow 1966 Formula S Barracuda and that wouldn't come off in one piece when I traded), as well as the nice welcoming boilerplate with a note from Carroll his own self:

2098335859_701c75e00c.jpg

I have absolutely no memory of what I might have written that Mr Shelby figured he couldn't help me with, but that David E. Davis could.

Seems kind of lightweight, what with all the bad weather news

elsewhere on the forum, but I've been waiting for this for twelve weeks:

2866209310_eac6c3990c_o.jpg

Terlingua or Bust

Come heck or high water.

Hey ya hey ya hey hey ya

Ya hey ya hey hey ya hey

(ancient Native American un-rain chant)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived