TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any body & fender guys/gals?

I managed back my ride up into a car that was parked in my drive way. (What a dumb butt) Anyway I put a permanent crease in the rear bumper cover. It does not appear to be cracked and it looks like most of the damage can be buffed out. Is there any way to repair the crease? Can you use bondo or apply heat to the bumper cover to get back to it orginal shape?

I managed back my ride up into a car that was parked in my drive way. (What a dumb butt) Anyway I put a permanent crease in the rear bumper cover. It does not appear to be cracked and it looks like most of the damage can be buffed out. Is there any way to repair the crease? Can you use bondo or apply heat to the bumper cover to get back to it orginal shape?

:idea: take it to a professional body shop -- a good one -- and talk with them in deatail about how they'd do it. They are usually willing to discuss that in detail on a performance car. Ask for an estimate. If it's too expensive, at least you know exaclty what to try if you try it your self and what it will cost if doing it right is more involved than you feel comfortable with ...just a thought.

+1 on all guidance given to this point.

I have worked with the plastic that our Covers are made out of. Have been to the 3M Plastics/Repair classes that my Job put me through. . . . . Yes you can apply heat and a good majority of the damage may simply come out with patience. Too much heat and you may, in affect, melt the plastic and then your SOL.

Body repair techs have the technique down to an art, and I'd pretty much rather trust them with the outcome than risk it on my own. . . And I've even been to the classes and actually done the repair myself.

Just my $0.02

Don't feel bad, I did worse! I backed into a nice BIG rock!

I agree take it to a the best body shop in your area and all will be well.

See!

Oooof!

God, I hate seeing that!

I would go to the Pro...hang the cost.

My .02

Dan

Archived