TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roger - ROSSSVT

ShelbyGT/SC

Roger Sorel – ROSSVT

I wanted to take a moment to congratulate Roger for his car making it as the "Shelby of the Month" on the ShelbyForums website. Here is the direct link to his car (it's on the main page as well):

http://www.shelbyforums.com/forums/shelby-month/8593-2007-shelbygtsc-rossgt-07-2008-a.html. Congratulations my friend. You and your car deserve it. Your car is clearly one of the most well thought out, tasteful, modified, baddest and themed Shelby's out there.

While I am at it, I also wanted to say what a great guy Roger is. He unselfishly busts his butt helping lots of people in the Shelby world and has been doing so as least for the past year that I've known him.

When someone is looking for something, he is quick with an answer. When people ask questions, they often single him out for advice. Just about every time I speak with him, I hear stories about some Shelby enthusiast or friend that he is helping or simply sharing tales with. As for me, we often laugh our butts off over some of the silliest of things, but I too learn a lot from him. And, I know personally that his family life is awesome but I don't want to get into that here.

Every time I turn around he is doing some sort of research for someone. He is always working on some upgrade or mod such as rear seat delete packages, roll bars, suspension upgrades, steering wheels, upholstery, and he has many other items up his sleeve that we will all hear about someday soon. Roger is the Shelby Go-To-Guy (SGTG).

I am sure many who attended the CSBB can recall Roger spending lots of time helping remove air bag covers so they could be signed by Mr. Shelby. He did this all while in the Vegas heat a short time after he was hospitalized - while he could/should have been resting and relaxing. Unknowingly, I had asked him to do something for me in between all this and he seemed all calm and collected; yet later I realized he was hurting.

Roger is an awesome person and I am proud to call him my friend. I know he has many more friends on this forum. He is always quick to wish people a Happy Birthday, he always asks how the family or kids are doing, and always seems to have an interest in or know how someone is doing on a personal note. I admire that and wish I could be better at that myself. BTW, AJ said hello and thank you.

Congrats again Roger. You are a great friend and person and you have the best Shelby out there - this month LOL.

I am flattered, humbled and proud of the selection. I have a very special bond with this car.

I really don't know what to say.

Adam, you are a true friend. Thank you for the kind words.

I try to treat other's as I would like to be treated and help whenever I can.

Thanks to everyone for being my "extended" family and for the kind words. I am truly blessed.

Roger

I am flattered, humbled and proud of the selection. I have a very special bond with this car.

Thanks to everyone for being my "extended" family and for the kind words. I am truly blessed.

Roger

YOU ARE THE MAN!! Im very proud to call you friend!! We hit it off first time we talked about the SGTs and Im glad we did.

Congrats on the SOTM you should be proud I know I am!!!

michael morris

Roger

Roger car looks great, congrats

Roger,

I echo what others have said on this forum about you. You have an awesome car and are often the pioneer for new SGT projects. What comes across more than anything is your constant willingness to help, answer questions for us novices and be a great friend and mentor to us all. Congratulations on this award. You deserve it buddy.

Adam, thanks for sharing this.

Dave

Congratulations Roger! :yahoo: An honor well deserved. I agree 100% with Adam. A very nice guy and a good friend who will help anyone. And really contributes to the economic relief in the mod department. You might see his picture on the wall of your local performance shop as customer of the year. Talk to you soon bud.

:bowdown:

Way to go Roger! Congratulations! Your car is awesome and an inspiration for all of us! Keep up the good work, and we value your information that you throw out there for us too!

Thanks again,

Carl

Don't DO that to me!!!!

I saw the thread title with just Roger's name and and thought...OMG...Something BAD has happened to Roger. :(

Whew!! :drop:

Congratulations Roger and Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Don't DO that to me!!!!

I saw the thread title with just Roger's name and and thought...OMG...Something BAD has happened to Roger. :(

Whew!! :drop:

Congratulations Roger and Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

I see I wasn't the only one! With your being sick lately etc., I saw this and my heart sank.

I mean there is still do much modding to to!

:)

Thanks for the concern guys.

I can see that may be a thought but I did have my follow up visit with the Doctors yesterday and some pretty good news. Blood pressure was 102 over 62, blood tests all good and he gave me 4 months off for good behavior! :yahoo:

I still have scar tissue and brusing on the leg but feel much better.

Your right Jeff I have too many projects hanging in the balance. I was thinking of that yesterday.

- rear seat delete follow up

- underseat fire extinguisher mount with quick release

- "B" pillar harness bar

- strut tower brace for Whipple SC cars

- Variant stage 3 coil overs

- Metco Motorsport tensioner brace and idler pulley set for Whipple SC cars

- custom front upper and lower grills (65 Mustang Octogon mesh) no lights as original

- matching rear Baer Extreme brake calipers with braided lines and brackets

- MOMO competition racing seats to fit in factory mounting points with matching interior trim

- custom mount in gauge pod for Raptor shift light

- driveshaft upgrade ( this has been a LONG process)

- adapter mounts for rear brake duct conversion from factory lower control arms to tublar

- adaptor mounts for Agent 47 lower brake duct inlets to Shelby installed ducting

- Ray Dot Shelby SC 427 spun aluminum side view mirror adapted to the factory mounting points

- Put the finishing touches on my stripe business. (side fender Pit stripes) more to come.

There's more but that's for a later time.

Archived