TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hasn't this gone on long enough ? !!!

zdle

Well, to just put my .02 cents in, I believe that SAI and all of the staff knows the issues with the hood scoops and believe it or not I do think that they are doing their best to come up with a solution...the last solution so they don't have re-do it again. I must say, that when Keith heard that we were having issues with the rusty lanyards, he sent out a pair to me at no charge withing a week without going to the dealer, I seriously believe that as a Shelby endorsed company they are doing a fine job handling our complaints.

Furhtermore, we should be very thankful that atleast the folks at SAI are willing to tlak to us either via the 1-800 number or through this forum....they don't have to,but the fact that they do is a clear indication that they are trying to work with us to come up with solutions to our minor problems....I mean c'mon, how many times have you folks spoken to the president of a company???? Amy , as busy as you are to even look at the computer to listen to our problems is great and I and many more TS members thank you for that.

+1 exactly :superhero:

I sent a picture of my warped gauge housing to John W. and he sent me a free replacement immediately. THe dealer did the work and I couldn't be happier. BTW, my scoop is perfect.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Considering the volume of similar opinions, perhaps it's time to consider a "bitch" forum? We need a place to park "rants" when and where where folks can post their opinion on stuff and stay out of our larger and otherwise satisfied face.

+1 for a "bitch" forum! :happy feet:

I'm not fixing my scoop..............in twenty years I'll be the only one with an original Shelby scoop. And yes I will have this car in twenty years, my Dodge Stealth is a 92 and I still have that.

I'm not fixing my scoop..............in twenty years I'll be the only one with an original Shelby scoop. And yes I will have this car in twenty years, my Dodge Stealth is a 92 and I still have that.

A 92 Stealth, WOW!

7/3/08

Amy,

I purchased a new - left over '07 SGT in May. I have been 'monitoring' the forums posts on the scoop and stripes and want to assure you that most of them are courtious in their tone. What is the saying about sitting in front of your computer drinking when writing to complain? Not a much better mix than driving. Some people say I have anger management issues - GEEZ. If I had my car for a year plus now I might be feeling a little put off by the time it seems to be taking. Just throwing this out there...if an aluminum scoop is being considered as a replacement unit, knowing how passonate and proud the fellow owners are of these cars and how much additional many (me included) put into them to improve performance, etc. that most would be willing to pay a difference for such an upgrade. Considering whether its headers, S/C, etc costs $50-60 per horsepower gain I would not have a problem and would consider it reasonable and fair. The biggest consideration for me would be the application of the fix of the scoop or stripes; alot of the Ford dealers are pretty ham fisted and can do more damage in the 'fix'.

I sold a C5 ZO6 then got the performance itch again and chose the SGT. It has tons of character and cool and it is great to still be able to get a modifed production car that has actually been prepped by SAI. Take care and have a great 4th!

Sincerely,

Doug Nash

CSM# 07SGT5501

Doug Nash

hi Doug, sorry for the rant, he was my third nasty yesterday and I just lost it. all his posts on on this topic. The issue at hard is not that easy for us to fix.

The scoop can not be aluminum do to the crash damage possibilities. so we are left with composite. We are a manufacturer so we have to tes and verify all items we do, unlike a mod shop . We have a new one and it is being tested in the extremes right now. this takes time as we want to make sure we get this right. It has been crashed and it performs well. The stripes are another issue. we have a new stripe cut we are working on, for rivited hoods they will go together.

Amy

Recently I have been driving my SGT back and forth to work , and I am sick of looking at the back of this warped and gap ridden scoop I paid 45,000$ cash for , and explaining it to passengers.............The Ford dealer in Santa Maria wants no part of this , and you have not given formal acknowlegement in writing. I have looked at many Shelbys on the lots , and your are right I have not seen many as bad as mine , and others that have posted pictures on this site..........................So ,why not fix them for us if you know the others are correct then you know how to do it right , this should be a simple matter if thats the case?

I will get this car fixed one way or another , but after 2 Model years , and 15 scoops as you say , I think you owe us an explanation .................In writing............it's the professional thing to do ...............it's the acepted way in the automotive world .....................all car companies issue recalls, this is not medicine it's ethical business conduct...............................ZDS

All I can say is "THEN SELL THE DAMN CAR" if you are that unhappy with it.

Problem solved and you wont have to look at the back of that Scoop.

David.

hi Doug, sorry for the rant, he was my third nasty yesterday and I just lost it. all his posts on on this topic. The issue at hard is not that easy for us to fix.

The scoop can not be aluminum do to the crash damage possibilities. so we are left with composite. We are a manufacturer so we have to tes and verify all items we do, unlike a mod shop . We have a new one and it is being tested in the extremes right now. this takes time as we want to make sure we get this right. It has been crashed and it performs well. The stripes are another issue. we have a new stripe cut we are working on, for rivited hoods they will go together.

Amy

Crashed? Do you mean while installed on an SGT? (eyes watering)

Got any video footage? :lurk:

I have to agree I have never owned a car where the president of the Company monitors the forums and posts responses and answers PM's sent from the forums. I have the warped hood scoop and wrinkled stripes and still love my car. I drive my car everyday and have never been happier, i am glad to here there is a fix in the works and look forward to that day.

But I have to put my .02 in that SAI is attentive and I have never had an issue getting something fixed or a question answered either by phone or email

thanks for listening

Thanks SAI

Crashed? Do you mean while installed on an SGT? (eyes watering)

Got any video footage? :lurk:

YES....the last test was on Car #116....................... Now it is time to do the Bowling Ball Drop from 300 Feet Test..........Now where is Car #117.................. :hysterical:

David.

David.

Exactly. Not happy with the car; not happy with the company that builds them? Sell it and buy something else. Has anyone really taken a good look at an original, unrestored, GT350? I mean really taken a good look at one? There are numerious fit and finish issues with those cars. If those fit and finish issues were prevlent on the SGT, several critical people here would have never bought one in the first place. How much are 65 and 66 GT350 worth nowadays?

I choose to look at the overall car, and take any defects I see in percentages. The SS headrest cover for example. I could personally give a flying banana about whether or not it matches the rest of the seat properly, and no one that rides in my car notices it either. To me, compared to how great the rest of the car is, the headrest issue bugs me less than 1%, IF THAT. I don't care if SAI ever comes up with a replacement pad cover, or if it takes them two years to come up with one. I don't pay attention to them, and I certainally don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's opinions about them either. I have gone to numerious cars shows and gatherings since my car was Super Snaked, and NOT ONCE has anyone looking at my car has said anything about the color match issue on the pads, NOT ONCE.

Everybody wants everything yesterday. Try walking in the manufacturer's shoes. Does anyone honestly think that SAI intentionally designed a bad hood scoop? Of course not. Don't you think that this issue is a royal pain in the ass for everyone at SAI? You bet it is. Do you want another product rushed out that may or may not fail again? These types of defects take time to resolve correctly; anyone can come up with a half-assed solution to the problem.

This problem will be resolved, and when it does, everyone will forget about it and it will fade away into Shelby history.

I have said this before; taking a problem, common to all or otherwise, here in a public forum when there are established protocols to deal with these issues is just nothing but grandstanding and an attempt to draw others here into one's personal misery. Hasn't anyone learned that calling Amy out to a gunfight at high noon here doesn't get them anywhere? FOLLOW ESTABLISHED PROTOCOLS AND STOP SLINGING YOUR PERSONAL CRAP HERE.

Got a problem? Contact FoMoCo or SAI PRIVATELY.

Happy motoring.

My casual observation from afar if ZDS approached the dealership in Santa Maria the way he did with his first post, it is no wonder they don't want to have anything to do with the car. I suspect it is more that they don't want to deal with this customer.

The tone of many of the posts is "When you get in someone's face, they are going to punch you out" meaning, when you approach someone with the tone you started with, they are going to react. I myself, would tell you to get lost because my life is too short to deal with an attitude.

You will usually get a much more helpful reaction from people with a non-hostile attitude. Then if that doesn't work you can ratchet up your presentation.

Good luck, hope someone helps you. I know I wouldn't.

Everybody wants everything yesterday. Try walking in the manufacturer's shoes. Does anyone honestly think that SAI intentionally designed a bad hood scoop? Of course not. Don't you think that this issue is a royal pain in the ass for everyone at SAI? You bet it is. Do you want another product rushed out that may or may not fail again? These types of defects take time to resolve correctly; anyone can come up with a half-assed solution to the problem.

I can Honestly say that "Prototyping" anything is expensive. I know because I have had to Prototype many Items for my Company, and if it is not right, you have to start all over again.

AMY, please correct me if I am wrong, I would think that SAI is not actually the ones producing the Scoops (in House), that they are built by a separate Company for SAI and that Company is now redesigning the Scoop which means Testing and Retesting and Retesting it again. With the first Scoop haveing problems, I am sure that SAI is making sure that the new Scoops are Tested to the fullest before mass producing them, and that takes Time, lots of Time.

Since SAI knows all about the Scoop problem, I do not think that they will leave you hanging even after the 3/36 Warranty is up, provided you made contact with the Dealership or SAI.

David.

Telling him to sell his car, if he is unhappy, is a bit over the top. :redcard:

He paid $45K for a car that now sells brand new for $34K or less.

Used he would be lucky to get $29K.

I don't think it's "over the top" at all, because this suggestion is one way to resolve disappointment. If unhappy, end the pain, it's that simple.

It's not my fault ZDS paid too much. I paid 34,400 out the door last August. However, making the rest of us unhappy along with with ZDS isn't fair to us. This spoils the friendly atmosphere we cultivate among the membership at large.

Imagine going to a car show and meeting up with 10 or 12 SGT owners who sound like ZDS in his opening post? Lot's of fun, eh? I'm sure you would be in a big hurry to come back and meet up again?

Sure, my LuLu isn't perfect, but I take her imperfections in stride. When I have called upon SAI to make good on errors and failures, they have responded well and I have nothing to complain about.

Beating on SAI here with threats of class-action law suits, and stiring the legal action pot in an open forum SAI pays for, just isn't right. This is making me wonder why I visit here, and that may come to an end. There is a lot anyone can bitch about in life, but using this forum to fight with SAI isn't the way to do that, and I'm not alone in my thoughts.

I have said this before, but taking a problem out here in a public forum when there are established protocols to deal with these issues is just nothing but grandstanding and an attempt to draw others here into one's personal misery. Hasn't anyone learned that calling Amy out to a gunfight at high noon here doesn't get them anywhere? FOLLOW ESTABLISHED PROTOCOLS AND STOP SLINGING YOUR PERSONAL CRAP HERE.

Happy motoring.

My casual observation from afar if ZDS approached the dealership in Santa Maria the way he did with his first post, it is no wonder they don't want to have anything to do with the car. I suspect it is more that they don't want to deal with this customer.

The tone of many of the posts is "When you get in someone's face, they are going to punch you out" meaning, when you approach someone with the tone you started with, they are going to react. I myself, would tell you to get lost because my life is too short to deal with an attitude.

You will usually get a much more helpful reaction from people with a non-hostile attitude. Then if that doesn't work you can ratchet up your presentation.

Want more user opinions? Just read from the top of this thread? Peek at other likewise bitch threads?

Gents...This isn't a matter of "free speech". There are no Constitutional protections here. This forum is SAI's virtual private property and just like any backyard party, when one of the guests spoils the atmosphere, he should be shown to the door. SAI is responsible for maintaining decorum via moderators, and I think moderators have let out too much line. Time to reel it in.

Well, that's my .02C, and I resume debating my participation as a member of Team Shelby. Frankly, I am embarrassed by all of this, and I know how to end my discomfort. I opted in, I can opt out.

Thinking about it...

LuLu, don't let this kill your Fun here............................................. there is Love in here.

How did you decide to name your Car LuLu?

David.

No snap decisions here, David, just going to sit back and watch. This endless bitching has to stop, it's spoiling the party.

LuLu was my first girl friend 40 years ago, and she drove me nutz. Today, my SGT is doing the driving...

Has anyone really taken a good look at an original, unrestored, GT350? I mean really taken a good look at one? There are numerious fit and finish issues with those cars. If those fit and finish issues were prevlent on the SGT, several critical people here would have never bought one in the first place.

+1! I like to think of mine as an old school hot rod not unlike the original 350's...these are not $80,000 luxury cars built on a production line in mass quantities.

I too have some minor issues (like spotted stripes) and my scoop is far from perfect. I get the sense that SAI would be more than willing to tackle these, but quite honestly I am scared to have a dealer do the work for fear of them making matters worse...

...but quite honestly I am scared to have a dealer do the work for fear of them making matters worse...

You ain't just whistlin' Dixie...

I've had problems with hoods and scoops from day 1... first a defective hod, then the stripe issue, then the stripe issue again.

I have to admit, I was making a fuss a while back, but then I read that SAI was aware of the problem and working on a fix. Fair enough.

The problem is that every time I bring the car back it's another couple of weeks out of commission. We brought it back to the dealer 2 1/2 weeks ago. They got new stripes and called us to pick it up. Holy Cow! It was worse than when it went in. The paint on the scoop was chipped and the hood itself was actually stressed around the rivets. This was, in my opinion, purely a workmanship issue. So anyway, we're still waiting for another scoop and rivets. But, in fairness, SAI has been VERY responsive to the dealership in every aspect.

The last couple of times I brought the car back in I insisted upon, and got, a loaner car. It makes the situation more bearable, since the SGT is a daily driver, but it is frustrating. For a daily driver that is supposed to be doing 60 miles a day 5 days/week just to work and back, the car has just under 2000 miles on it (purchased 4 1/2 months ago) because it's been in the shop so much.

The problem certainly is frustrating, but it's not because of SAI ignoring the dealer. A good piece of it has to do with delays caused by the dealership. It would be nice to have a final fix, but I have learned and finally accepted that it isn't an easy one.

So to zdle I'd suggest getting on your dealer's ass. All the work must go thru them. They need to contact SAI for authorization to do the work. If they are stonewalling you it isn't fair to be blasting SAI.

Exactly. Not happy with the car; not happy with the company that builds them? Sell it and buy something else. Has anyone really taken a good look at an original, unrestored, GT350? I mean really taken a good look at one? There are numerious fit and finish issues with those cars. If those fit and finish issues were prevlent on the SGT, several critical people here would have never bought one in the first place. How much are 65 and 66 GT350 worth nowadays?

I choose to look at the overall car, and take any defects I see in percentages. The SS headrest cover for example. I could personally give a flying banana about whether or not it matches the rest of the seat properly, and no one that rides in my car notices it either. To me, compared to how great the rest of the car is, the headrest issue bugs me less than 1%, IF THAT. I don't care if SAI ever comes up with a replacement pad cover, or if it takes them two years to come up with one. I don't pay attention to them, and I certainally don't give a rat's ass about anyone else's opinions about them either. I have gone to numerious cars shows and gatherings since my car was Super Snaked, and NOT ONCE has anyone looking at my car has said anything about the color match issue on the pads, NOT ONCE.

This problem will be resolved, and when it does, everyone will forget about it and it will fade away into Shelby history.

I have said this before; taking a problem, common to all or otherwise, here in a public forum when there are established protocols to deal with these issues is just nothing but grandstanding and an attempt to draw others here into one's personal misery. Hasn't anyone learned that calling Amy out to a gunfight at high noon here doesn't get them anywhere? FOLLOW ESTABLISHED PROTOCOLS AND STOP SLINGING YOUR PERSONAL CRAP HERE.

Happy motoring.

+1 well said

No snap decisions here, David, just going to sit back and watch. This endless bitching has to stop, it's spoiling the party.

LuLu was my first girl friend 40 years ago, and she drove me nutz. Today, my SGT is doing the driving...

I've got to admit I had wondered about the name also. Love it and I suspect that rather than the SGT driving you nutz you're loving it too Mac. Anyway, you've got a valid point. Amy, Jeff, moderators, whoever has control over this sort of issue...how about a "Bitch" forum rather than have this sort of never ending thing ruin the Mods & Tech Forum. Please...we don't want to loose the informed input of folks like Mac and others who make it worthwhile to come here every day. Shouldn't be that hard and really, it's long overdue. Thanks

Jim

Amy

You stated that there are only a few bad scoops out there out of , what 8000 , so .....you must know how the correct installation is accomplished , its your process right, I don't think FOMOCO installed this scoop ? Stands to reason , if so fix my car the same way , I will drive it to Veags tommorrow for that fix, Isn't it in Vegas in your shop where the scoop and hood are installed? I'll be any time you can get me in.

If you have all these scoops that are installed correctly with no problems , why work out an entirely new fix,,,,,,,just recall the few bad ones fix them ,and I'll be very happy.

I never said SAI is unethical ..................I did say that business ethics is the same as being responsive to the customer in an industry accepted way , and that way is a written acknowlegement of Quality Issues wether they are Safety issues or Cosmetic , Recalls are common in the automotive industry , and they convey to the customer that the dealer is upholding the Warranty they sold the care with, The warranty is part of what I bought , and it is running out as we speak , thats why a SAI letterhead would be the ethical thing to do.

ZDS

...........ZDS

David.

I like the car .......................I don't like the stalling and lack of a written explanation of the issue .

Happy motoring.

If it wasn't a half-assed design in the first place I would not be waiting almost 2 years for a Solution.....

Chip Beck has a solution , and it only took him a couple months.....And I have 45,000$ woth of 2cents to go , And I will us it all if I have to.

I approached the dealer politley once , and got the typical car dealer brush -off you know a firm "not our responsibility , and we are very busy good by" , so I wasn't upset , I just left ........nothing I do is gonna change that , and I don't need the aggrevation , as long as I can vent on this web site , and make the rest of you uncomfortable about the defective part you have to look at when you sit down behind the wheel of your SGT , may be this is how you will finally start asking the same questions .....................ZDS

I don't think it's "over the top" at all, because this suggestion is one way to resolve disappointment. If unhappy, end the pain, it's that simple.

It's not my fault ZDS paid too much. I paid 34,400 out the door last August. However, making the rest of us unhappy along with with ZDS isn't fair to us. This spoils the friendly atmosphere we cultivate among the membership at large.

Imagine going to a car show and meeting up with 10 or 12 SGT owners who sound like ZDS in his opening post? Lot's of fun, eh? I'm sure you would be in a big hurry to come back and meet up again?

Sure, my LuLu isn't perfect, but I take her imperfections in stride. When I have called upon SAI to make good on errors and failures, they have responded well and I have nothing to complain about.

Beating on SAI here with threats of class-action law suits, and stiring the legal action pot in an open forum SAI pays for, just isn't right. This is making me wonder why I visit here, and that may come to an end. There is a lot anyone can bitch about in life, but using this forum to fight with SAI isn't the way to do that, and I'm not alone in my thoughts.

Want more user opinions? Just read from the top of this thread? Peek at other likewise bitch threads?

Gents...This isn't a matter of "free speech". There are no Constitutional protections here. This forum is SAI's virtual private property and just like any backyard party, when one of the guests spoils the atmosphere, he should be shown to the door. SAI is responsible for maintaining decorum via moderators, and I think moderators have let out too much line. Time to reel it in.

Well, that's my .02C, and I resume debating my participation as a member of Team Shelby. Frankly, I am embarrassed by all of this, and I know how to end my discomfort. I opted in, I can opt out.

Thinking about it...

Yes LuLu we all should be embarrassed ................we have a sore thumb on our hood .....even if you don't it's out there ..........and should be fixed ....................buy the way you think that fix , when it gets here will be free? ...............ZDS

Archived