TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT 2007 - California Edition Sill Plates!

amyb

That looks sweet!

How did you remove the originals? Are they also attached with two-sided tape? Details, please.

Dan

The originals are attached the same way.......I just started with a very small screwdriver and slowly peeled them up. I suppose a better way to do it in retrospect would be to take out the plastic sill guard it's attached to and heat it up from the backside. I would think that might make it easier, but mine still came off without any damage or too much effort.

Mike

The originals are attached the same way.......I just started with a very small screwdriver and slowly peeled them up. I suppose a better way to do it in retrospect would be to take out the plastic sill guard it's attached to and heat it up from the backside. I would think that might make it easier, but mine still came off without any damage or too much effort.

Mike

Thank you.

I used two small screwdrivers and alternated... It work perfectly. I placed the narrow plastic strips on the old tape on the old plates and put them in the little bubble-wrap envelopes and stashed them away with all the rest of my original stuff.

Thanks again SAI. :happy feet:

Dan

• 2 months later...
Thank you.

I used two small screwdrivers and alternated... It work perfectly. I placed the narrow plastic strips on the old tape on the old plates and put them in the little bubble-wrap envelopes and stashed them away with all the rest of my original stuff.

Thanks again SAI. :happy feet:

Dan

You California guys get all the breaks. Not only do you get warm sunshine ( it's 30 degrees in NY ) but special door sill plates no charge !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Archived