TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Automatic owners sound off

sudden

I have an 07 SGT Auto, and really like it. I have only seen one other and it was at a dealer. I have had mine now for about a year so if anybody out there has one, speak your mind. SUDDEN.

I have an 07 SGT Auto, and really like it. I have only seen one other and it was at a dealer. I have had mine now for about a year so if anybody out there has one, speak your mind. SUDDEN.

When I first bought my 07 SGT Auto, I wasn't real happy with the shift schedule, shift pressure, and throttle lag, but after a custom tune to the PCM, my car now shift like if you were driving a stick. Its like a night and day difference. Only other thing I don't like is the location of the overdrive deactivation button. I've been looking for a mod for that but havent found one yet. Might do it myself.

I like it compared to the older Ford transmissions. They seem pretty durable. I wouldnt mind a trans cooler for a looser torque converter though. I cant complain my 60fts. have been in the 1.9's on the stock converter and BFG's. Stock 3.55 gear too. Overall very happy with the car.

Greetings....

I've had my 07SGT Auto for a little over a year now and +13,000 miles. It's a wonderful daily driver and I still get many compliments/stares on the car. There have been no engine issues other than a warranty issue where I had to replace the harness between the altinator and the battery...poor installment I guess. Next week I'll be delivering it to Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL for a scoop, stripes, letters warranty redo as well as a refinish/painting of the white hood...turns out some minor rust has been accumulating under the hood and adjacent to the pin plates. I am seriously thinking of retiring the car as a daily driver and baby it more...ie. only weekends and car shows, etc. but I'm still paying on it and that would require me buying a beater/Jap car as a daily driver instead. What would you do? Your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

RetroAlex #07SGT2946

Miami, FL

Mods: Sequentials, Berg faux gas cap and (on order) lower billet grille. :)

I like mine........

will get the supercharger one of these fine days....saving for it now

plus a hood n scoop n painted stripes....

I would perhaps like to get the " custom tune to the PCM," as tekheavy did...

but first I have to save up for the supercharger...

Alot of heavy traffic around here on the daily drivin so I do appreciate the automatic...

:)

Rtroalex, Shelby says, " DRIVE EM". I do not have heavy traffic but I still drive mine everyday as a daily driver. Also my wife likes drivin it because of the AUTO. Keeps everybody happy when they drive the SHELBY!

When I first bought my 07 SGT Auto, I wasn't real happy with the shift schedule, shift pressure, and throttle lag, but after a custom tune to the PCM, my car now shift like if you were driving a stick. Its like a night and day difference. Only other thing I don't like is the location of the overdrive deactivation button. I've been looking for a mod for that but havent found one yet. Might do it myself.

Where is the location of the overdrive deactivation button on your Car, My Mustang with an Auto has it in the Shifter Handle on the Right Side.

David.

Greetings....

I've had my 07SGT Auto for a little over a year now and +13,000 miles. It's a wonderful daily driver and I still get many compliments/stares on the car. There have been no engine issues other than a warranty issue where I had to replace the harness between the altinator and the battery...poor installment I guess. Next week I'll be delivering it to Sawgrass Ford in Sunrise, FL for a scoop, stripes, letters warranty redo as well as a refinish/painting of the white hood...turns out some minor rust has been accumulating under the hood and adjacent to the pin plates. I am seriously thinking of retiring the car as a daily driver and baby it more...ie. only weekends and car shows, etc. but I'm still paying on it and that would require me buying a beater/Jap car as a daily driver instead. What would you do? Your thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

RetroAlex #07SGT2946

Miami, FL

Mods: Sequentials, Berg faux gas cap and (on order) lower billet grille. :)

Check your car when finished really good as body shop over there is below average to me. Had minor work done, had to get another dealer to fix it.

Where is the location of the overdrive deactivation button on your Car, My Mustang with an Auto has it in the Shifter Handle on the Right Side.

David.

David, my button on my SGT is in the same place as yours. On my 02 GT, the button was on the left side which was perfect for my thumb to hit it. Now, having it on the right side, I have to slip my pinky in there to deactivate it. Its real uncomfortable. I 've been looking for a mod for it, but have not found one yet.

Check your car when finished really good as body shop over there is below average to me. Had minor work done, had to get another dealer to fix it.

I keep getting the run around in trying to get my bumper stripes replaced....I think most shops do not want to deal with it for one guy told me that the stripes are hard to put on and they don't get paid for the amount of time they put it on so that's why most dealers sub-contract someone to do it. I think when my stripes really go to S#*( I'll have them painted by a independent shop that has a good rep....I rather drive my car with a messed up stripe kit than to have someone who doesn't want to do it right that may jack it up even more....

I also have the auto tranny, love it, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Sometimes, in traffic, I do miss the auto. Other times on an open road I do love the manual. At times, in stop and go of a long line of traffic lights, I wish I had an auto, while at some traffic lights I'm glad I have a manual ;) Like my no spoiler/yes spoiler conflict I guess you make a choice and stick with it (no pun intended). I think it's crazy how some people have issues with a car like this having automatic. When I drove the GTH I was very happy with the performance of the transmission. I do wish we had a 6-speed though!

I have a Auto that's a gt/sc from Shelby. It is a BEAST! I find myself laughing uncontrollably!

Which S/C did you get on the Auto? More details about how it behaves, etc? I'm debating whether to put a Kenne Bell on my Auto or the 5-speed.

Archived