TEAM SHELBY FORUM

9/11

Dropping__Chronic

Hey all, just thought I'd offer condolences to any that lost someone that tragic day. Even if you didn't personally know someone that was touched, I think we all were to a degree by the tragic events and life for sure will never be the same.

Let's hope one day the leaders of the world will start thinking with their heads and not their egos so diplomacy will actually have a chance, and that one day we can all just drop all the idiotic zealous religious convictions that are the foundation and cause of terrorism throughout the world. Religion is supposed to be a positive enriching set of values should you choose to ascribe to one, not a tool to be used to promote hate and violence against those you perceive would do you harm.

Peace all, I always feel a little sick on 9/11 ... Hopefully such a tragedy will never happen again.

-Alex

Memories...

I was at home watching "Charmed" I think... my husband, Eric, called from the unit and told me to put the t.v. on fox news. We talked for a bit while they were showing repeats of the planes crashing, the base was on lockdown for like 2 days, you had to have military id to get on the base and a base registration and your vehicle was still gonna get searched.

So, I picked the kids up early from school, and we took Eric some clothes, and food, and we just wanted to be together at that time. The kids and I waited at the entrance gate to Fort Bragg, for like 5 hours on 9-11-01. We hung out until I don't even know what time, and then the kids and I went home, we knew that it wouldn't be long before he was deployed.

He did get deployed in Oct. 01, but to Bosnia, basically safe, then in 2003 he went to Iraq, and again in 2004... that one he would not return from...

There are alot of people who have lost loved ones due to 9-11, and the aftermath, my heart goes out to all...

Theresa

Memories...

I was at home watching "Charmed" I think... my husband, Eric, called from the unit and told me to put the t.v. on fox news. We talked for a bit while they were showing repeats of the planes crashing, the base was on lockdown for like 2 days, you had to have military id to get on the base and a base registration and your vehicle was still gonna get searched.

So, I picked the kids up early from school, and we took Eric some clothes, and food, and we just wanted to be together at that time. The kids and I waited at the entrance gate to Fort Bragg, for like 5 hours on 9-11-01. We hung out until I don't even know what time, and then the kids and I went home, we knew that it wouldn't be long before he was deployed.

He did get deployed in Oct. 01, but to Bosnia, basically safe, then in 2003 he went to Iraq, and again in 2004... that one he would not return from...

There are alot of people who have lost loved ones due to 9-11, and the aftermath, my heart goes out to all...

Theresa

I am so sorry for your loss... :( That was a freakish day for me as well... I was working in a big tall building on the 56th floor and that was eerie watching the event happen. Our offices then had to evacuate (even though I am in Houston on that day nobody knew what was happenin), it was pretty eery...

Memories...

Theresa

Sorry for your loss. The sacrifice brave people make so the rest of us can continue leading a normal life is sometimes beyond comprehension.

Memories...

Theresa

Eric's service to our Country will not be forgotten. So sorry for your loss.

Archived