TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Challanger ADM's

jaaman

Got a phone call from the owenrs son of the Dodge dealership out here in Simi valley, ca to let us know that they had just received a SRT Challanger, so we jumped in the car to go have a look, nice car. $42,000 is the MRSP so I asked the oweners son, what are you looking to get for this car, he replied by saying that the have allready got two offers for $20,000 over MSRP but they are holding out for $40,000 over. I will post again when the car sells and for how much. Oh by the way IMO for that kind of money, the car still does not compare to our cars.

Got a phone call from the owenrs son of the Dodge dealership out here in Simi valley, ca to let us know that they had just received a SRT Challanger, so we jumped in the car to go have a look, nice car. $42,000 is the MRSP so I asked the oweners son, what are you looking to get for this car, he replied by saying that the have allready got two offers for $20,000 over MSRP but they are holding out for $40,000 over. I will post again when the car sells and for how much. Oh by the way IMO for that kind of money, the car still does not compare to our cars.

You can get them here in Wi for $5k to $7.5 over. I even know of one that went for m.s.r.p. Chrysler waited too long to bring the car out. I know of 3 Challengers sitting because of $10k adm

Oh by the way IMO for that kind of money, the car still does not compare to our cars.

I know it doesn't compare to the GT500. I think these dealers took lessons from the Ford dealers on ADMs. But, they should know by now that the market is not there like it once was with the GT500. They are on the tail end of the market and Camaro will miss it completely.

You can get them here in Wi for $5k to $7.5 over. I even know of one that went for m.s.r.p. Chrysler waited too long to bring the car out. I know of 3 Challengers sitting because of $10k adm

What dealers have them? I am in Milwaukee and would like to just go look at one.

I know it doesn't compare to the GT500. I think these dealers took lessons from the Ford dealers on ADMs. But, they should know by now that the market is not there like it once was with the GT500. They are on the tail end of the market and Camaro will miss it completely.

That was well said VaporDude. With the economy in the current state it is, trying to make a few extra bucks is not worth it if the car has to sit on the floorplan for six months to get that ADM. I would rather move five Challengers in six months at MSRP than one at 10k over in the same time period. Just my opinion, but I would rather see inventory MOVE than sit and collect dust. You may not make some huge profit, but selling ANYTHING in 2008 at MSRP is good for business.

p.s...I used to audit car dealerships...so I'm allowed my two cents on this topic! :hysterical:

I swung by my local Dodge dealership this afternoon, in Dublin CA, to see if they had received any Challengers yet. As it turned out they had recieved three and had already sold two of them. According to the salesman, they has sold one at $40k over and let the other go for quite a bit less because it was a preferred customer. The third car did in fact have the sticker marked at $40k over.

To tell you the truth, I hope there is a huge demand for them. It'll be good for everyone concerned, especially we hot rodders.

That was well said VaporDude. With the economy in the current state it is, trying to make a few extra bucks is not worth it if the car has to sit on the floorplan for six months to get that ADM. I would rather move five Challengers in six months at MSRP than one at 10k over in the same time period. Just my opinion, but I would rather see inventory MOVE than sit and collect dust. You may not make some huge profit, but selling ANYTHING in 2008 at MSRP is good for business.

p.s...I used to audit car dealerships...so I'm allowed my two cents on this topic! :hysterical:

How many dealers got 5?

Floor plan would run about $300 month. 6 months = about $1800 in floor plan cost. At $10k over that still leaves $8200 in additional pure profit IF it takes 6 months to sell. Plus it draws in a lot of lookers during that time where they end up selling a few other cars they normally would not have sold. So that $300 month floor plan cost ends up being the best advertising they have at the lowest possible cost compared to paying for newspaper, radio, TV, etc.

We didn't add ADM's to our GT500's and they were sold before we got them, but we did build a clone GT500 that sat for 12 months and that car drew a LOT of traffic in because people that seen it from driving by thought it was real. We sold quite a few other cars because of that.

Now if you are talking about your run of the mill everyday car like a Dodge Ram then I would agree with your logic. Sell it and move the inventory.

How many dealers got 5?

Floor plan would run about $300 month. 6 months = about $1800 in floor plan cost. At $10k over that still leaves $8200 in additional pure profit IF it takes 6 months to sell. Plus it draws in a lot of lookers during that time where they end up selling a few other cars they normally would not have sold. So that $300 month floor plan cost ends up being the best advertising they have at the lowest possible cost compared to paying for newspaper, radio, TV, etc.

We didn't add ADM's to our GT500's and they were sold before we got them, but we did build a clone GT500 that sat for 12 months and that car drew a LOT of traffic in because people that seen it from driving by thought it was real. We sold quite a few other cars because of that.

Now if you are talking about your run of the mill everyday car like a Dodge Ram then I would agree with your logic. Sell it and move the inventory.

I admire your logic....always right on the money......post-10386-1215090742.gif

post-10386-1215090742.gif

Hey Guys I saw one on the street in Northern KY, Cincinnati OH area.... Looks real nice and I gave the guy a thumbs up, it was the SRT version..... But I have to admit our cars look better and is just cooler.

P.S.

The guy driving his car was staring at my GT500......even he knows ours are cooler!!!!! :shift:

Guys my Challenger is currently in JB status which means it is getting hood stripes put on.

Here in Michigan many dealers are selling for MSRP, I have seen some also at 3,000 - 5,000 over sticker. But if you put some time in and make some calls you can get them for msrp. It was a lot easier finding my challenger than it was finding my 07 gt 500, I was one of the dumb ones who paid to much ADM for my gt500 because I really wanted to have the car, I was not going to make that mistake with the challener. That being said the gt500 is worhth every penny, and I hope the challenger is as well!

The 09's are set to start rolling out in Sept. so I think this will cut the ADMs even lower.

I am excited to have the challenger and my 07 gt500 and put both to the test side by side.

Guys my Challenger is currently in JB status which means it is getting hood stripes put on.

Here in Michigan many dealers are selling for MSRP, I have seen some also at 3,000 - 5,000 over sticker. But if you put some time in and make some calls you can get them for msrp. It was a lot easier finding my challenger than it was finding my 07 gt 500, I was one of the dumb ones who paid to much ADM for my gt500 because I really wanted to have the car, I was not going to make that mistake with the challener. That being said the gt500 is worhth every penny, and I hope the challenger is as well!

The 09's are set to start rolling out in Sept. so I think this will cut the ADMs even lower.

I am excited to have the challenger and my 07 gt500 and put both to the test side by side.

Have you figured out how to drive them both at the same time?

:hysterical:

My local dealer sold one for $50K. That was after me and CobraBoy took it out for our test drive and the dealer taking it through the wringer :happy feet: . The car had 50 hard driven miles on it when it sold :shift: . The folllowing week, the dealer seen it at an auction where the bidding started off at $53K. Needless to say, there were no bids. :banghead:

Maybe the first set is going to bring some decent ADMs but after the 09 hits the lots, I don't think the ADM is going to be near where they are now.

The Challenger is a great looking car - congrats! I wish I could own both as well, although I am very happy with just the GT500. I always admired the old ones while growing up. I would have preferred an 09 with a manual tranny though.

At the TMS car show (south Florida) this past weekend their was a new orange with custom 22" wheels the car had fourty miles on it. The owner gave two thousand over. He also has a 08 Gt500. He had not gotten down on the Challenger very hard yet, but he said the gt500 still has a lot more power.

Archived