TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Selling my 68 GT 500 KR - Best way??

steves68KR

Hello to all -

We may be looking to market our 68 GT500KR.

We have owned the car for 15 years, primarily taken out 3 or 4 times per year for dinner runs and fun cruises.

The car now draws far too much attention when we have it out - not my style.

Condition wise -it would probably rank about 9 on a scale of 10 - very original.

Any advice on how/where/who to market the car? It is located in a climate controled garage in Western WI.

Any insights / recommendations are appreciated.

thanks!

Hello to all -

We have owned the car for 15 years, primarily taken out 3 or 4 times per year for dinner runs and fun cruises.

Condition wise -it would probably rank about 9 on a scale of 10 - very original.

Any advice on how/where/who to market the car? It is located in a climate controled garage in Western WI.

thanks!

First off welcome to the Team Shelby Forums. Glad you could join in on our fun.

Since your KR is very original and ranks a 9 out of a 10 I would say you need to go after the "whales" in the collector car market.

So my recomendation would be the Barrett-Jackson auction or an ad in Hemmings. You can also try ebay for the exposure but a lot of buyers are leary of ebay cars. Too many scams & air cars over the years.

And of course you can always post your KR for sale here on Team Shelby.

Good luck.

Steve

I think you chose one good place to market it...right here on Team Shelby. We'd like to see some pics!

You can do what many other people do and list it on Ebay with a really HIGH Reserve Just to see if there are any potintial Buyers out there. That way you are out the listing price. If the Bid gets even close you can then contact the bidders to see if they are for real and want to talk more.

David.

Don't sell it.

Post Pics?

A car in this kind of condition is probably a good candidate for the Barrett Jackson or the other one that is on SpeedTV all the time (I can't remember what it is).

Stephen Becker might be interested.

Bring it to the Shelby American Collection in Boulder please so we can see it. :) Seriously, if you want to hold on to it finding a place to display it might be a good choice.

Oh, I forgot: "The Auto Collection" museum at the Imperial Palace in Vegas is really a used car lot - 90% of the vehicles in there are for sale. Top price stuff.

If I win PowerBall on Saturday expect a call.

Don't sell it.

There is alot of sage advice here. The market for these kinds of cars is way down. if you don't feel a need, wait a year or two for the "gas crisis" to subside (or the shock of it to get over).

Cars at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale in Feb. were down 1/3 to 1/2 from a year ago. The majority of the Florida cars are in a different category (like Rolls and such), but the real teller will be the Vegas auction in October (consider consigning there, if you really want to move it, but remember, BJ is a no reserve auction.)

Speaking of BJ, another museum buyer might be the Gateway Museum in Gateway Colorado. It's the guy that bought a bunch of BJ cars a few years ago and is the "Discovery Channel" cable guy.

For the record, the Shelby American Collection is probably not a buyer although the are people that have cars there that might as individuals.

Hello to all -

thanks!

Steve, congrats on the nice car. The auctions are great and there are private buyers always looking, you might want to call the Mid America guys, they are in your neighborhood and are experienced in vintage Shelby's. If you need their info, PM me and I will send it to you.

Amy

Archived