TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need Roush 8 Stack air cleaner

csx4910

Help! I have csx 4910 with a newly installed Roush 511 8 stack Fuel injection. We (myself and the dealer) have not been able to find an air cleaner that will clear the shelby hood. We have already enlarged the hole as far as possible underneath but the hood will not close with the standard Roush Air Cleaner. The manifold and the 4 inch wide trumpets are too tall. Does anyone else have this motor and found a solution? My Roush is serial number one. My dealer also installed the same engine in a superformance and it fit. Any ideas on other vendors that would have a low profile/flat air cleaner to fit the trumpets? We are trying to keep the same original hood scoop.

Thanks

Ron

Help! I have csx 4910 with a newly installed Roush 511 8 stack Fuel injection. We (myself and the dealer) have not been able to find an air cleaner that will clear the shelby hood. We have already enlarged the hole as far as possible underneath but the hood will not close with the standard Roush Air Cleaner. The manifold and the 4 inch wide trumpets are too tall. Does anyone else have this motor and found a solution? My Roush is serial number one. My dealer also installed the same engine in a superformance and it fit. Any ideas on other vendors that would have a low profile/flat air cleaner to fit the trumpets? We are trying to keep the same original hood scoop.

Thanks

Ron

csx4910, like I told you on another forum, the I.T.G. filters will fit. They fit on my car so they should fit on yours without any hassle. You just have to turn down the horns a bit. No big deal! If you are wanting to retain the larger horns, simply purchase another set for show when the filters are removed.

csx4910, like I told you on another forum, the I.T.G. filters will fit. They fit on my car so they should fit on yours without any hassle. You just have to turn down the horns a bit. No big deal! If you are wanting to retain the larger horns, simply purchase another set for show when the filters are removed.

No unfortunatley the ITG filters did not fit. They sent a filter built for the smaller set of trumpets that are a smaller diameter and spaced differently. The Roush engine I have has larger trumpets. John at Anthem is calling them to see if they will make a filter to fit mine but right now I am still without a proper filter. As much money as I paid for this engine, I really don't want to spend more money with different trumpets unless I have to.

Thanks

No unfortunatley the ITG filters did not fit. They sent a filter built for the smaller set of trumpets that are a smaller diameter and spaced differently. The Roush engine I have has larger trumpets. John at Anthem is calling them to see if they will make a filter to fit mine but right now I am still without a proper filter. As much money as I paid for this engine, I really don't want to spend more money with different trumpets unless I have to.

Thanks

Are the Roush trumpets larger than TWM's? When I received my filters from ITG, the bottom mounting plates were solid. They had to be cut out to fit the TMW throttle bodies. They are universal filters. Kind of like a "beat it to fit, paint it to match" deal. I can't see why they won't fit on Roush's system. Good luck!

Are the Roush trumpets larger than TWM's? When I received my filters from ITG, the bottom mounting plates were solid. They had to be cut out to fit the TMW throttle bodies. They are universal filters. Kind of like a "beat it to fit, paint it to match" deal. I can't see why they won't fit on Roush's system. Good luck!

Yes they are bigger, that is theproblem. Everythings from the base plates to the actual trumpets are larger and becasue they are brand new on this engine Roush has only had time to make some from K&N(too tall for a csx but they fit under a superformance hood) The bottom plate is too small to be cut out to fit my throttle bodies. We are trying to get Roush to make a new set or see if ITG can make a larger base plate

Thanks

CSX4910, where in AZ do you live?

Northeast Phoenix (60th street and thunderbird road) The Cobra had to go back to Anthem as the Roush 511 engine(and the other 3 they have installed since mine) all have developed a rear seal leak and some idling issues. it seems that roush didn't quite get all of the bugs out before they put this engine on the market. I hope to have it back this week. Phone number 480-677-1193. i have an office in out in Sun City so I am out west quite a bit

Northeast Phoenix (60th street and thunderbird road) The Cobra had to go back to Anthem as the Roush 511 engine(and the other 3 they have installed since mine) all have developed a rear seal leak and some idling issues. it seems that roush didn't quite get all of the bugs out before they put this engine on the market. I hope to have it back this week. Phone number 480-677-1193. i have an office in out in Sun City so I am out west quite a bit

I am way out in Waddell. 178th and Northern. If you want to see my set up, we can make arrangements.

Archived